“Good basic hotel, well located”

Fleming's Express Hotel Frankfurt
Ranked #95 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I have just returned from a long weekend in Frankfurt and booked into the InterCity on the recommendation of a friend. The hotel is exactly as advertised - clean, basic and well located for an excellent price. Having taken the train to the city centre from the airport, you only have to cross the road to reach the hotel. The reception staff were friendly and attentive and more than happy to change our booking when we were allocated a double instead of a twin room. The rooms were clean and well proportioned but the main benefit was the large and incredibly powerful shower!

The only 'downsides' are the wifi service and staff service at breakfast. Whilst both are included in your room side (alongwith free public transport for your stay- a major plus for all 3) the Wi-Fi signal kept failing each day - I doubt that the router can cope with all the user traffic. On the breakfast side, whilst it was plentiful and great value, the restaurant staff appear to all but ignore any new diners coming into the restaurant through the morning, meaning you have to keep asking staff for cutlery, cups etc. Whilst both of these matters are irritating (especially when you are tired) they don't particularly give you cause for complaint, especially as they are great value being included the room rate.

If you need a simple but excellent value hotel for a short stay in Frankfurt, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 9 November 2013

A friend and I checked in this morning.10h00. When we got to our rooms on two different floors we found both rooms have not been cleaned. Both rooms had the " please make up signs" on the door. We left our luggage and went out . On our return at 18h00 we found both rooms still not cleaned and made up. We brought this under the receptionists attention. She said they would never book guests into rooms that have not been cleaned. She was very insistant that their system said the rooms were cleaned. She was very insistant that it is our duty to inform them to clean the rooms. She promised the night shift staff would clean the rooms whitin the next 5 minutes. I gave them 30 minutes and went to check my room. I couldnt believe my eyes when I got to my room they were bust making up the bed with the same bedding as was used for the previous guest. This is not on even for a " budget" hotel

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 4 November 2013

The room is extremely small, room very dated, carpet is old and the air-conditioning system is terrible, took me a long time to cool my room. My business counterpart’s room was flooded with the air-conditioning condensate. Bed is too hard for a good night sleep. Bathroom is small but reasonably clean. Wifi is terrible too, either it disconnects all the time or cannot connect at all.

I would say, location is excellent if you need to connect to the train, the train station is just across the road but it’s terrible for business travel.

Stay only for good location and tight budget.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I have stayed in this hotel for one night during a business trip.

Since the price was pretty low (80€ range for a single room), I did not expect much for a hotel in the center of Frankfurt. I was however very very pleasantly surprised - the room quality was very good in terms of size and overall quality.

The location is 5 minutes walk from the Frankfurt main railway station.

The breakfest was excellent with a great variaty of food.

The cons:
- beds are not very comfortable
- service during breakfest non existent (chatting with each other all the time instead of working)

I definatelly recommend this place.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Stayed here 3 nights in October, 2013. Lobby is small with fery few seats while waiting to check in/out. Great location, 50 meters from the main railway station and 15 minutes walk to the fair center - Messe. Downside are the outrageous prices during fairs - EUR 300,-/night...

Breakfast is excellent with good variety of hot and cold foods. There is supposed to be a free wifi, but in the upper floors it is difficult to connect. And you need a separate passcode for each device you are going to use. And frustratingly, even in the lobby the network can disappear completely every 15 minutes or so. Also, in the ground floor restaurant, the wifi does not work at all - so no checking your emails/news while having breakfast.

Rooms small, but quite clean. Pillows are really flat in the bed. Minibar very basic with few beers and soft drinks. Sound insulation is bad, you can easily hear what's taking place on the corridor or neighbouring rooms.

Tip, taxi from the airport appr. EUR 30,- one way.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms may be more quiet of the sounds from the traffic.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I stayed at the InterCity Hotel in Frankfurt in October 2013 for 4 nights. It is primarily a business person's hotel judging from the sheer amount of businessmen who were staying there and many of the rooms were being used for conferences.

Breakfast was included in my stay and the selection was plentiful. No complaints there!

The location is superb, being right next door to the main train station, Frankfurt Main Hbf and the tramlines into the city centre ran through the hotel, although you could actually walk to the main shopping district as well, it doesn't take long, maybe 20mins or so.

I would say that the hotel is right near part of the Frankfurt CBD and as a result there aren't a lot of big supermarkets or shopping centres nearby but all you need to do is go for a wander and you can find little convenience stores that stock the essentials.

There aren't many restaurants located nearby, although there is no shortage of kebab shops since the hotel is located just to the west of the red-light district, so if that's something that tickles your fancy, you're in luck!

For the price I paid, approx. $110 per night, I would say that it's a pretty good deal for a business hotel that is centrally located and comfortable.

It costs around 30 euros to get to the international airport by taxi or if you prefer a cheaper otpion, you can take the train from the Frankfurt Main Hbf, and the airport is only 2 stops away.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Having booked and paid in advance I was surprised at the amount of time it took to register. When we got to the room (which was as far away from reception as you could be (556)) we found that the room had been set up for one person - 1 duvet, 1 pillow, 1 set of towels etc. We rang down to reception and this was quickly resolved. However, it became clear in the night that one pillow each was not enough. They disappear into nothing. We asked and received a second each for our second night.
German hotels don't seem to do kettles in rooms. We asked for one and got it but were told that if we wanted cups then we'd have to upgrade to an executive room as cups come with slippers and bath robes! We just bought some cheap ones in the city instead - plus milk to go with the teabags we had in our bag.
Have to agree with another poster about the foam mattresses. Shouldn't have made a difference but I found it hard to sleep. On the positives, good location, free local travel, amazing range of TV channels including BBC1

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple