Fleming's Express Hotel Frankfurt
  • Room Service
Manhattan Hotel(Frankfurt)
Topas Hotel(Frankfurt)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe main train stationfree wifipublic transportationrooms are smallbasic hoteltv channelsconvenient locationbreakfast buffethotel is locatedtea and coffeeyogurtairporthauptbahnhofkettleconveniencetradeflight
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I was stay here two nights, during the Frankfurt Messe in 2012. Very clean rooms, quiet location, excellent breakfast. It's near the Messe, train station and center of the city. The price was high (I think because was during the Messe) reported to the services delivered.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Florian C
flemingshotels, Manager at Fleming's Express Hotel Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Florian,
thank you very much for your good comments on our trip advisor account. We are pleased that you had a nice time and hope to welcoming you again soon.
Kind regards

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Have stayed here before. However this time was a real bad experience.

Double charged on the credit card which they first disagreed to believe. Then took 3days for them to release the same ( I hope to receive as have a letter of release from them)

Was given an offer for booking a conference room for half day for Euro 70/-. When arrived with the business guests.... sorry sir, we read the list wrongly but the room will cost you Euro 250/-.... really? were they joking!!! after negotiation we agreed at a much smaller room for euro 100/- and was charged euro 15/- for water only. no coffee, no tea no cookies. Also for this the front desk insisted in charging me in advance the full euro 100/- preferably by cash which I refused, whereas they already had a double credit card charge already of euro 1044/- with them.!!

Hotel is also overpriced during fair time and should be avoided. Really poor service and work of the front desk.

The coffee machine was working perfectly before bulk of the people (peak time) of fair days started. Quite ironically during the fair days the machine was "out of order" and if we really wanted they could arrange from the bar for a charge whereas in the buffet when the machine in the breakfast room it was free.

I was really disappointed by the stay and the attitude of the one woman on the front desk in the evenings when I had approached and the duty manager Frau Hahn who refused to even meet and made the messages through her incompetent lady colleague. The man on desk was good.

Room Tip: There is no real difference in the rooms. Just select the cheapest room. I had booked the Executive room but was the same. There are non smoking rooms also on smoking floors and should be avoided. There is almost no smell in the room but the corridors stink of second hand smoke.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Virentodi,
thank you very much for your feedback and recent stay with us. We do apologize for the inconveniences we may have cause and will address your feedback regarding the given services with our bankett and front office team .
Please be sure that we will discuss these points with our appropriate staff.
Best regards from Frankfurt

Reviewed 2 January 2014

I was stay in this hotel for 2 nights. Since i book the hotel via Agoda.com around 2 weeks before my stay, and I already got a confirmation from Agoda.com that they've charged from my credit card, therefore i expacted the payment will go under Agoda.com instead of the hotel. But later on when i receive the credit card statement, I found both Agoda.com and the Intercity hotel charged me!!

I try to contact both parties, only Agoda.com replied me and help me to contact Intercity hotel. Around a week later, Agoda replied me that Intercity Hotel will refund those charges, and that's the 1st time that I get contact (and reply) to (from) the Intercity Hotel directly!! The hotel replied me when will they do a refund without explaining why they chrage me, not mention the apologize.

Please be reminded that, in the whole process, when I found that Intercity Hotel charged me, the credit card company ask me to contact the hotel myself and I still have to settle the payment before the due date even it is a mistake which is not make by me! Also, as Intercity charged me in Euro which is not my credit card currency, the credit card company do have a buy rate and sell rate which will actually create me a financial lost even Intercity Hotel end up fully refund!!!

I found that the Intercity Hotel charged my credit card on my check out date, but on that date when i check out, i did not sign any receipt or bill, and no one inform me that about this payment. They just charge me through my credit card without inform me.

I like to take this opportunity to remind all travellers, please do check your credit card statement carefully after you use it for online booking/shopping etc. Nowadays your signature is not always required when you pay by credit card especially when you do online. And please do clarify with all relative parties that the charges are correct or a faulty one. If I don't check my statement and not clarify with Agoda.com / Intercity Hotel, I will just pay double!!

I am not saying Intercity Hotel is intentionally charge me, probably this is a mistake. But the way they handle the whole situation really disappoint me, they didn't explain nor apologize, which makes me feel this hotel are not trustworthy.

The hotel room is not big, the towel in the bathroom is grey instead of white, and the bathroom actually stink. But their staff in frontdesk are nice and helpful. I would say the impression I got from this hotel actually is not that bad, but for sure I will not stay in this hotel, or any of the Intercity chain hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
flemingshotels, Manager at Fleming's Express Hotel Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Heidi,
thank you very much for your feedback and recent stay with us. We do apologize for the inconveniences we may have cause and will address your feedback regarding the given services with our front office team.
Please be assured that we will discuss these points with our staff. If you have any further questions about your credit card statement, please do not hesitate to contact me directly via mail : Volker.Koerdel@frankfurt.intercityhotel.de
We wish you a good time and best regards from Frankfurt,

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Great hotel, quiet, even if close to train station, clean, helpful staff, and excellent breakfast. Great idea to have free transport during the days staying at the hotel. All you have to buy is a one way ticket from the airport to Frankfurt HBF. All other train and bus transport are free.

Room Tip: Great hotel. will stay there again if I have to return to Frankfurt
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jesmond c

Dear Jesmond,
Thank you for staying with us and your good comments. Nice to hear that you could use our free ticket for the public transport.
Have a good time and we hope to welcoming you again soon.
Regards from Frankfurt

Reviewed 31 December 2013

This is such an easy hotel to find! If coming out of the Hauptbahnhof, look for the Nord/North exit, and when you come out, the hotel is across the road to your left. Check in was efficient. Room was not big, but adequate. I think the sign in the bathroom which says in English you must pay a fine if the fire brigade are called if the smoke alarm goes off due to you having had a steamy shower, is a bit silly as the German translation does not actually say that. Anyway, only complaint, like a few others, was the pillow. I have never come across such a small, uncomfortable pillow in any other hotel. If I stay here again, I would simply contact reception and ask for another pillow or two as I did not sleep that well because of it. A big plus for this hotel is the free travelcard, but we unfortunately didn't manage to use it, as we arrived in evening and were leaving the next morning. The breakfast was good and varied enough. Check out was as efficient as check in! I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, but as I already said, only for a short stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple