Novotel Frankfurt City
Hotel Garni(Frankfurt)
NH Frankfurt Villa(Frankfurt)
Average 3/5
  • Room Service
All reviewsfrankfurt citytrain linefair groundsaccor hotelsfitness areastandard hoteltrade fairbusiness hotelwalking distances bahnhotel is locatedstayed nightsper nightcomfortable roomchecking inbreakfast buffetrailway station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Let's start as I started. Perfect parking, checked. 24 hours reception, checked. Then it started. I had to go there because the hotel I booked didn't have a 24h reception and I was really late - around 9pm. I looked at the prices - overpriced, like every Novotel. My company paid for the stay, so I just asked about it. 105 was indicated for a single room on their table, I had to pay 135 "sorry, we didn't actualise the price tag". Nice to start with.
The room... was clean. That's the only thing I can say about it. 3-stars I think. The bed - how the hell can someone sleep in that thing? The mattress was completely worn out, wasn't changed since the hotel was built I suppose. I have back problems, I preferred to sleep on the floor. I had an urgent meeting the next day and the last thing I needed was waking up with back aches.
Then, the breakfast. Well, what they call a 5-star breakfast. Buns hard as stones, 3 or 4 days old at least. Going with jam or ham or cheese - nothing else. I didn't dare to try yoghurt after I saw the buns, couldn't afford to get sick that day. After I saw the ham and cheese, I went for the jam. I never put jam on buns, but after you see that breakfast buffet, you go for jam.

Room Tip: best tip for choosing a room: choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1049Novotel, Manager at Novotel Frankfurt City, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Frankfurt City. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Please note that we are NOT a 5 Star hotel. The Novotel Frankfurt City is a 4 star hotel. Also everthing you can find on our breakfastbuffet is absolutly fresh. We never serve old buns or else.

At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer.

Stephan Maier

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Pretty standard Novotel with clean and well sized rooms. Great location for the convention center but not much else. Gym is a hole in the wall. Breakfast gets really boring on day 3. Would go back for next convention but have breakfast out and run in the park instead.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The hotel itself is very clean. the first night, our room was facing to the rail track- very noisy from outside. then we requested to change the room to the other side. The breakfast is fine, and the room is clean with a kettle and coffee/tea. The only problem is that we had to walk along the motorway from the station. difficult to find it.

Room Tip: ask for a room non-facing to the rail track.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple