“Very Convenient and Accessible”

Novotel Frankfurt City
Ranked #52 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
London, England, United Kingdom
“Very Convenient and Accessible”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The hotel itself is very spaceous. There's plenty of space in the rooms and everything is very clean. It is accessible by cab or train from the airport and the same if coming from the City centre or main train station. There's a couple of convenient stores just right outside - Aldi, Rewe, Lidl which are very good if you don't want to pay for breakfast as the convenient stores have their own bakery anyway. Trains pass by very often and the place could be dead on weekends as it is in the centre of a business estate.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1049Novotel, Front Office Manager at Novotel Frankfurt City, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Michael,

Sandra Mathey
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I have read many reviews of this hotel, both before and after travelling and must say that many are unfair.

This hotel does not claim to be a resort hotel and is therefore exactly what it claims to be ... An average, business hotel, which is clean functional and practical.

I must say that the service I received was mixed - Some staff members are very friendly and polite, others very rude and unwilling to help .... My suggestion would be refresher training with some of the team, particularly front desk and bar.

If you are planning to attend an exhibition at Messe Frankfurt this is a great location and only around 20 Euro in a taxi to central Frankfurt, if you want to explore.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Let's start as I started. Perfect parking, checked. 24 hours reception, checked. Then it started. I had to go there because the hotel I booked didn't have a 24h reception and I was really late - around 9pm. I looked at the prices - overpriced, like every Novotel. My company paid for the stay, so I just asked about it. 105 was indicated for a single room on their table, I had to pay 135 "sorry, we didn't actualise the price tag". Nice to start with.
The room... was clean. That's the only thing I can say about it. 3-stars I think. The bed - how the hell can someone sleep in that thing? The mattress was completely worn out, wasn't changed since the hotel was built I suppose. I have back problems, I preferred to sleep on the floor. I had an urgent meeting the next day and the last thing I needed was waking up with back aches.
Then, the breakfast. Well, what they call a 5-star breakfast. Buns hard as stones, 3 or 4 days old at least. Going with jam or ham or cheese - nothing else. I didn't dare to try yoghurt after I saw the buns, couldn't afford to get sick that day. After I saw the ham and cheese, I went for the jam. I never put jam on buns, but after you see that breakfast buffet, you go for jam.

Room Tip: best tip for choosing a room: choose another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1049Novotel, Manager at Novotel Frankfurt City, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Frankfurt City. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Please note that we are NOT a 5 Star hotel. The Novotel Frankfurt City is a 4 star hotel. Also everthing you can find on our breakfastbuffet is absolutly fresh. We never serve old buns or else.

At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer.

Stephan Maier

Travellers are raving about these Frankfurt hotels

Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Pretty standard Novotel with clean and well sized rooms. Great location for the convention center but not much else. Gym is a hole in the wall. Breakfast gets really boring on day 3. Would go back for next convention but have breakfast out and run in the park instead.

London
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The hotel itself is very clean. the first night, our room was facing to the rail track- very noisy from outside. then we requested to change the room to the other side. The breakfast is fine, and the room is clean with a kettle and coffee/tea. The only problem is that we had to walk along the motorway from the station. difficult to find it.

Room Tip: ask for a room non-facing to the rail track.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple