“Is Savoy Hotel good for the price?”

Savoy Hotel Frankfurt
Ranked #215 of 268 Hotels in Frankfurt
London
“Is Savoy Hotel good for the price?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2011

No it is not good for the price. The hotel certainly does not look or feel like a 4* hotel!
This was my second time staying in Frankfurt; and I regret staying at this hotel.

The air extractor in the bathroom did not work and when I reported the problem nothing was done about it. The blind of the window stopped working half way through my 4 nights stay. I ended up paying £40+ for using internet and even at such high unexpected value the internet was very slow and useless.

The walls are very thin and you can hear people speaking in the surrounding rooms and corridors.

I would not recommend this hotel.

1 Thank S_aryoLondon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2011

Location and the price is good. Two things I find negative: Thin door to the room making it very noisy, especially in the morning, when the maids are cleaning rooms. The second thing is that the sauna does not go on before 6 pm. automated. The swimingpool is nice, and offers views of the city.

2 Thank amaze79
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2011

I really enjoyed my stay at the Savoy hotel. The staff were courteous and very helpful, my room was clean and I had no complaints about it. The hotel is conveniently located very close to the main train and underground station so I could commute easily around Frankfurt. I am looking forward to going back to the hotel at the end of July - well done Savoy staff!

Room Tip: rooms not too close to the escalators are better.
1 Thank Helena041
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

I stayed there two nights in June. Everything was fine and yes the room was small and needed some repairs to the carpeting. I stayed on the top floor, the 8th floor and the room had A/C which I used and I was on the back side of the hotel, so there was not any noise from the city streets. I booked a non-refundedable rate. On my last day I went to go check out and should only pay for wifi that I used for two days, but I was told that I would have to pay 138 Euros, because I was offered a smoking room when I checked in, but I was not told that a smoking room is an extra 10 Euros a night. I also tried to explain that the room is already paid for, because it was a non-refundable rate. The man at the front desk told me that nothing has been paid. I showed him my print out from hotelbookings.com and he told me it is just a deposit. I tried to explained to him, that the 88 Euros I paid is not a deposit, it's the non-refundable rate. After he tried to call a manager, but no one was there at 6 am. I just said charge it to my credit card, I had no time because I was on my way to the airport. As soon as I got home I call my credit card company to fight all bogus charges. I will never stay there again.

Room Tip: Location is right near the train staiton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2011

The savoy was an ok hotel let down by location. We stayed twice and had two different rooms. The ones at the back seemed better. Breakfast was very good and staff were nice and helpful. Would not stay in this part of town again. Too many beggars, sex shops and unseedy characters around!

• Stayed May 2011
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2011

Apart from the pool, this is not a 4 star hotel. Rooms are basic, average comfort but completely noisy as the hotel is located next to the station, cross roads and the tram. No air conditioning so the room is oppresive in the heat..
First night, they gave me a single room which I hadn't booked and it was like a prison cell.
Good location as it's 10 minutes to the Messe and 5 minutes to the river.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Frankfurt hotels

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2011

Noisy room, wall was very thin, and could clearly hear the noise from the next room.
Telephone was ringing, someone was running on the floor, and banging the doors at 3 am!
Just noisy, you must bring the ear plug.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family