“Budget hotel that exceeded my expectation.”

Savoy Hotel Frankfurt
Ranked #216 of 271 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 11 January 2013

Stayed for 2 nights, bargain price for a hotel we were on a very strict budget. Upgrade and you get a free minbar. We had coke, mineral waters, juice, beer. I notice comments about the curtains there is a button you press looks like a light switch near window it brings down shutters on the outside that blocks out daylight. Maybe take your own pillow. The pool is lovely. Breakfast is awesome! I did notice Frankfurt is not overwhelmed with posh hotels in the inner city. Ideal for a winter stay as close to markets and the zeil for shopping, maybe in Summer head out of the city.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank queenslandtraveller1

Reviewed 14 December 2012

Great location for train station and a short walk about ten to fifteen mins or couple of stops on the underground from the centre. Staff were friendly and hotel was cleaned but quite dated. Good value for money, but not four star quality. Surrounding area was not the greatest but did not feel unsafe.
Good connection with Frankfurt international airport, about fifteen mins and trains are quite regular.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2012

I had a last minute trip to frankfurt and booked this, apparently the last 4 star room in Frankfurt. Or so I thought.

Whilst the service in the hotel was fine, in fact the ladies on reception were genuinely welcoming the actual hotel was less so. The lift was like something out of the land of yesteryear, it was slow, stopped on floors where there was nobody there, and took minutes to come every time called.

The free minibar sounds a bargain, but 2 bottles of zero alcohol beer, a small bottle of water and two fruit juices are hardly are actually less desirable than a usual minibar selection, even with a price tag attached.

Finally, we get on to the food. Which was terrible. After being told about the pizza being a speciality i went down to the restaurant looking forward to being blown away. Unfortunately they had run out of margarita pizzas, which as a vegetarian was an issue, the bigger issue was I had to ask how they had run out of a pizza which is by definition the base of all other pizzas. It turns out they had run out because the speciality pizzas were already made and just warmed up on site.

Location solid, staff generally very kind, rooms far too small, bathrooms more so (shockingly small) food terrible and lifts infuriating. Not somewhere I would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Le Meridian is a few doors down, stay there.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 December 2012

After reading the reviews I was pretty apprehensive before arrival. On reflection it seems a lot of people were expecting more based on the fact it's a 4* hotel. But if you're paying c. £50 a night it's not going to be the Ritz. We stayed for 2 nights, all we wanted was a clean double room where we could sleep comfortably after a day exploring Frankfurt and thats exactly what we got. We were at the rear of the hotel on the third floor, so no noise problems. I can imagine heat would be a problem in the summer but at it was snowing outside it wasn't an issue for us. The shower was a bit pathetic and the curtains or lack there of wasn't great. This isn't the place if you're looking for a romantic weekend away, but if you're looking for a cheap base from which to explore I doubt it can be easily beaten.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2012

This hotel is located very close to central railway station, pricing is good.We had our room on the street side and you can hear the night traffic easily.If you want to sleep in peace ,choose something else.Otherwise: Breakfast had everything you need and this is a basic , good hotel,but not 4 star

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 November 2012

The location of the hotel is very good minutes from the train station but I am affaid it really stops there. I'm learning from my visits there are 4* hotels and 4* hotels and they should be some sort of inbetween grade 4* plus 1 up to 10, 10 being the best as this hotel really was a 3* plus 2. The sheets in the bedroom seemed clean but towels very thin too many washes. The curtains, well I have thrown out better and no aircon just a fan. Ok for winter.
It was very noisy in the street and to be honest the staff attatude was as old as the building, however lets look at a positive the breakfast, which was extra was good.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2012

I had a layover in Frankfurt enroute to Cologne and chose this hotel because it is close to the train station. I checked in early ( 10am) and paid a fee of around 25 Euros. After a long journey, all I wanted to do was to go to bed. When I pulled the covers off the bed, the sheets were dirty. Hair and crumbs were in the bed. There was also a spot on the right end corner. I spoke to the Manager and he apologized and told me that the sheets will be changed. In the meantime, I went out and ran some errands. When I came back, I thoroughly inspected the sheets. The hairs and crumbs were gone.... but the little spot on the right end corner was still there! the location is great, very close to the train station.... but that's about it.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo