Savoy Hotel Frankfurt
Colour Hotel(Frankfurt)
Hotel Excelsior(Frankfurt)
Hotel Union(Frankfurt)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe main train stationtop floornice poolstayed here for two nightslocation is excellentcentral locationmini barexcellent breakfastchristmas marketyogurtsaunaconnection
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 April 2008

The location cannot be beat for convenience but that is about the only thing is high priced hot box has going for it. The on-line site made no mention of the hotel only having A/C on a couple of floors. As such, it was a very hot night in Frankfurt. The location is great with easy access to the train station via underground tunnel. Good cheap eats and shopping in the underground area at the train station. The hotel bar is very over priced even on beer which is usually cheap everywhere in Germany. The staff was not very friendly or helpful. They did not want to honor a non-smoking room request without more money.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled on business
2  Thank travelinjack3
Reviewed 29 February 2008

I'm only giving this hotel a 3 rating because of the price paid. I left it for the last minute and there must have been some sort of exhibition going on in Frankfurt and most hotels were fully booked, and the ones that were not, were asking for extortionate prices. I chose the Savoy because of the proximity to the station. Unlike most station hotels, I didn't find the area to be particularly rough, I went out for dinner in the evening (young female alone) and didn't feel unsafe. I must also mention there are not many restaurants near the hotel. The room itself was pretty average, I Paid 275 euros for it but I think it was worth about 120 maximum. The breakfast selection was very good, the only problem is that all the tables were taken and their staff didn't seem very keen to help me so I ended up leaving my plate in there and having breakfast at the station.

I would only recommend this hotel if you can get it for less than 150 euro any more and I'd go somewhere else.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank marujilla80
Reviewed 7 February 2008

We travelled through Europe by Eurail and we originally chose the Savoy because it was close to the Deutchebarn (main railway station). We had read reviews to say the breakfast was excellent but after staying in 3, 4 and 5 star hotels throughout Europe and the Middle East over a period of 3 months we have to say the best breakfast we experienced was definitely at the Savoy.

What an absolute delight! Big congratulations to the Savoy.

There is no question we will definitely be staying at the Savoy whenever we travel to Frankfurt.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kaypagoldcoast
Reviewed 3 February 2008

That's an amazing hotel. The outside is just terrible, it looks very ugly, but the inside is amazing: a huge and clean hall, with staff speaking a perfect English. Rooms are not that big, but the bed is very large and confortable. At the top floor there's a swimming pool, a beautiful steam bath and a lovely sauna (I would have loved to spend all my stay at the hotel). Breakfast is incredible, there's a vast selection of food (German and British breakfast) and it tastes really good. Price is absolutely cheap for what it offers, but make sure you do not book it in a trade fair period, as prices rise incredibly (+ 150%).

I did not pay for it personally as I was there with a customer of mine, so he paid for it, but I'd recommend it (very easy access to the main train station and to the bus stop for ryanair buses).

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank TIME80
Reviewed 22 January 2008

We booked into this hotel for a night whilst attending a trade fair. It is right beside the main train station and only about 10 - 15 minutes by taxi from the airport, so very convenient.
The hotel itself is nicely decorated with a relaxing reception area and a comfortable bar. There are three lifts servicing the multi-floored building.
We had booked into a superior room. By paying a little extra we got a room comparable to a standard 3 star hotel in Ireland. So I'm guessing a standard room is pretty basic.
Overall the hotel is more than acceptable and I would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled on business