“Tasteless food, cheating staff”

China Restaurant Yan Jing
Ranked #423 of 2,533 Restaurants in Frankfurt
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

Went there last evening with our family (4 of us) the buffet menu was 18 something euros and wasn't cheap when we found out the variety of their food was just so so. They didn't replace the food at the counter fast enough, runs out very quick due to the quantity food that they offer. Taste was nothing and rather plain. The waiter who served us didn't give back our change and just say thank you then walk away. Was horrible

2  Thank Wijaya_Randu

Reviewed 5 April 2013

The buffet is real value for money. The quality of the food is excellent. I am not too keen about buffets, but this one is worth trying if you are in Frankfurt.

1  Thank JND1964
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Been coming to this restaurant for years never dissappointed me
Excellent Sushi choices and fresh .
On chinese menu may be not plenty to choose but still fresh and very tasty
Helpfull staff
At the end of the day for 15 Euro you eat as much as you can ( bearing in mind Combo Meal in any McDonalds cost 7 euro :) ) i ll say its a good deal
I ll be back

Reviewed 26 June 2012

I eat here every time I am at the Achema Exhibition and it is always first rate. The crispy duck is superb as are the other dishes. Convenient location close to railway station and close to The Mercure where we stayed this time. I've traveled to China and Singapore on many occasions and I put the food here up with the best I have had there. Smiling staff and price reasonable for a major European city.

Reviewed 5 June 2012

I have been to many Chinese buffets in the UK but none has charged as much as this restauran 15.80 euros..they have a fine selection of sushi but thats where the good news ends.They do have some dim sum and 2 soups.However i would say that there are fewer than 20 main course dishes.Very few have a description.I tried one meat dish,ii think it was pork,it was tough and was dry as a bone.Someother meat was full of fat.there was some fruit and ice cream and fried banana.I otdered a pot of chinese tea and got a small pot of japanese tea for which they had the cheek to charge 3euros.This does not compare favourably with any of the chinese buffet restaurants that i have visited in the UK.The only reason i did not give it 1 out of 5 was the decent sushi selection.So if u like sushi and dont mind paying an exhorbitant orice you might like it.Otherwise try somewhere else.

2  Thank wingate