“reasonable oriental buffet”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 June 2014

the all day "all-you-can-eat" buffet of oriental (chinese & some sushi) food. the selection of food is not so wide, but they tasted good - recommended when you want to change the mood from beer & sausage.

6  Thank super_summilux
There are newer reviews for China Restaurant Yan Jing

Reviewed 8 November 2013

It is well worth the money.. Hot pot, BBQ, sushi and normal Asian buffet.
Tastes not bad. Had a lot.

However.......

While we were paying, we saw a little mouse running around .....

Wouldn't go back,

1  Thank Jen80811
Reviewed 25 August 2013

2 adults and 2 children under 4 yrs old. Got there 6 o'clock as it opened, nothing was out but sushi bar was busy already. Having only gone in there to get out of rain, the decor was nice and for a Nappy change we decided it was going to be a place to eat as sushi bar was busy which is a good sign. Have to say the waiter who sat us was not great with his customer service in terms of friendliness but we were glad to be out of the rain and had hungry children. Being fairly critical of Chinese food (being Chinese myself) I have to say that there were some extremely stand out dishes that I was surprised with. Having seen the potato croquettes prawn toast and onion rings as we browsed the buffet initially we thought we had picked a fairly standard restaurant. What surprised me was that my mrs told me the "onion rings" in fact were battered calimari! Also I chose the beef with moli (type of radish) for my 18 month old, which was in par with my own mum's recipe, fried rice was lovely and full of vegetables which is good for all parents. The crispy chicken was light in batter and meat was very tender, however the duck was too deep fried as the meat was dry. Sushi selection was extensive, lots of vegetable dishes, although I didn't actually go for the sushi in the end as I filled up on the rice and noodles which were very good, not greasy and very tasty. We also sampled the Shang Hi Bok Choy, cauliflower and broccoli which all went down well with the kids, not too sure on the ribs as they were a little too saucy presumably to cover the lack of meat. Other dishes that stuck in my mind were the crispy fish, movenpick mini ice creams (not seen that in any other buffet), that's about it really. Like I said average restaurant with one or two dishes that stood out. The restaurant is just on the Main Street from central train station in Frankfurt, we didn't expect it to be cheap food so €15.80 each adult was no surprise, the kids ate free ( however a table next to us who had older kids (4yrs and 9yrs, we got chatting to their parents) at the end of the meal were nearly charged for their meals also by the same waiter. He said that they had eaten an adults portion! But was willing to let it slide this time, again it's things like this that make it an average experience. If you want Jasmine tea expect it to be a small pot with tiny cups for €2.80, bottle of still water €2.80. Total spend €39 (thats including the €2.20 tip) Overall, if you are expecting to pay for a budget meal then look elsewhere, however if you expect as much sushi and some quality dishes like my beef, chicken and fried rice then I would give it a try!

Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

Went there last evening with our family (4 of us) the buffet menu was 18 something euros and wasn't cheap when we found out the variety of their food was just so so. They didn't replace the food at the counter fast enough, runs out very quick due to the quantity food that they offer. Taste was nothing and rather plain. The waiter who served us didn't give back our change and just say thank you then walk away. Was horrible

2  Thank Wijaya_Randu
Reviewed 5 April 2013

The buffet is real value for money. The quality of the food is excellent. I am not too keen about buffets, but this one is worth trying if you are in Frankfurt.

1  Thank JND1964