“Tired InterContinental”

Ranked #35 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Dublin
“Tired InterContinental”
Reviewed 13 November 2011

InterContinental Hotels tend to be in the upper category of accommodation. This hotel wasn't up to the normal standard but maybe that's because my room was located in the annex across the street (connected by an underground tunnel) away from the main hotel where all the restaurants and meeting rooms are located. I hope that the room is due for refurbishment because it was badly in need of a refresh. On the upside, it was clean and the bed was comfortable, but the fittings and carpet looked tired. With respect to the rest of the hotel, the highlight was the breakfast buffet, which was well up to standard and worth having. All in all, despite its central location (a 5 minute walk from the railway station) I'm not sure that I would ever use the InterContinental Frankfurt again until it's been brought up to scratch.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main hotel and not in the annex.
1 Thank 12Knocksinna

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 4 November 2011

The location is ok. Couple of minutes to the river and around 10 minute stroll to the Zeil (shopping street). Service at this hotel was fine and I found the breakfast to be very nice!
Room was very clean and the bed was comfy.
Stayd in the "city wing". (the hotel has 2 buildings that are connected by an underground hallway) I found the access to the main building to be very easy and wouldn´t hesitate to stay in this part of the hotel again.

The only thing I could possible say against this hotel, is the selection of TV stations.
I found only 2 stations that were in English....news stations.
And with every shop closed in Frankfurt on sundays, it would be nice to have some more english selections.

Overall very pleased though maybe next time, if in Frankfurt, I would try to stay closer to the shopping street(s). If in Frankfurt for busines/conference, this is a good choice.
Around 20 min walk to Frankfurt Messe or 8-10 EUR in a taxi

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Stayed for one night for a meeting. The hotel rooms are vey clean and of very good standard, have very nice views of the city of the riverside. The main attraction is the top floor restaurant (we had dinner buffet there) with its big terrace where u can enjoy breath taking panorama of the city. The location is good a short walking distance to the city center and about 10 minutes to the main shopping center. U can get 2 hours free wireless internet during your whole stay. Enjoyed the breakfast which was very diverse and of high quality. No complains. Very quite hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Very nice hotel in a fabulous location. Friendly, safe, modern and chic

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Jetdriver11
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I would like to say that this is not your typical IC of the Far East and the service culture is not as refine. However, the experience is very good. I was here for the Frankfurt Book Fair and I guess, it is probably the worst time of the year to be here in Frankfurt. The hotel is fully book and I could not get a room despite that I am a Royal Platinum Ambassador. I had to call before they could make some arrangements. So instead of 4 nights, I had to go to Holiday Inn for 1 night.
Anyway my experience was pleasant. I didn't get my usual upgrade because of the book fair and they were very apologetic. I didn't mind. I got the use of the Club lounge and it was OK. I guess because of the high occupancy, it is very busy on the club floor and it is pretty hard working when you need some peace and quite.
Overall experience is above average, but I like to quite location of the property and yet it is very close to all. Definitely will be back but will probably not during peak time!!

Room Tip: Stay away from the 'Blue Building' and ask for the river view. The IC floor is worth the mon...
2 Thank CMMAK
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2011

This property has good & bad points:

Pro's:
Great location
Nice views
Great restaurant & breakfast
Excellent meeting space

Con's:
Guest rooms are outdated
Bathrooms (in rooms) are very small
TV in room is hilariously old-fashioned

Major Con:
Air conditioning doesn't seem to work properly

As a platinum Priority Rewards member, I was expecting an upgraded room - and usually receive a club floor room. No such luck here. My room was small, and while fine as I wasn't spending a lot of time in there, I expected more. The air conditioning did not work at all, and when I asked the staff about this, they recommended opening the window (!!!?). I did, which certainly brought in some fresh air, but then was faced with loud sirens, car sounds and other city-noise all night.

That said, if you don't mind a hot, small room, the breakfast was fantastic, the location is great, and we ate in the Signatures restaurant one night, and while pricey, the food was fantastic.

Meeting room sizes are good - and staff, while European style (not attentive), are fairly helpful. That said, we again had major problems with temperature control, which I would consider in the future.

Room Tip: Top floor? Maybe city-facing? I faced the river, which had a busy road right there.
escondido, CA
Reviewed 12 October 2011

We booked a room here at the end of our trip, we were happy we did. The hotel is located right on the Main river which has beautiful walking trails to the old city, only 10 minutes away. the rooms are spacious and clean, with all the amenities. we had a rental car and parking was no hassle. The porter took our luggage and parked the car for us. Everything was better than expected. This was the perfect way to end a vacation. The only downside was that the pool was being worked on and not open.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family