InterContinental Frankfurt
Ibis Frankfurt Centrum(Frankfurt)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$172
US$155
Travelocity
  • Pool
MEININGER Hotel Frankfurt/Main Airport(Frankfurt)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$91
1,753 results
All reviewsriver viewthe club loungemain riverbit datedtrain stationbreakfast buffetsuperior roomlarge roombusiness tripthe air conditioningcomfortable hotelmain stationconciergeihgsignaturesrenovationeuro
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Intercon Hotels can be great. The one in Dusseldorf is sleek, modern and plush. The Frankfurt experience is not. The reception is grim and the bar downstairs has to be one of the most unimaginative I have seen in a hotel. The promise of a nice room on the 15th floor with a view turns out to be a small box with an old fashioned TV and a mini bathroom. While it was clean, the room's are dated and worn. Scuffs and marks from many previous visitors. Tired decor. Normally I'd write-off such a sad hotel as yet another non-event in my life of corporate travel but 2 things bug me hugely in these full service hotels - water in the room and wifi - the former was provided in small quantity at this hotel, the latter wifi cost me €20 for a day (I'd get a month of Internet at home for this price). So by way of gratitude for this bit of extortion, rather than just writing off another soulless hotel to experience, I'll use the wifi to write up my thoughts on trip advisor.

My advice to the franchisee who runs this hotel on behalf of IHG Plc is to visit your sister hotel in Dusseldorf and see how the Intercontinental brand should look. If you can't upgrade the hotel, at least cut down on the extras like making us pay for wifi...and while you're at it, some flat screen TVs would be nice as well as a redecoration. Your staff are quite nice though.

If anyone has some advice on better places to stay in Frankfurt, I'd be delighted to hear of them.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
IC-Frankfurt, Manager at InterContinental Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I greatly appreciate you taking your time to bring your experiences to our attention and thank you for your positive feedback reflecting the friendly service at the hotel. Please take my sincere apologies for the inconveniences, caused by the aging structure of our hotel and please note that we are planning upcoming renovation.

The team at the InterContinental would love to welcome you back to our hotel.

Reviewed 18 August 2012

Stayed two nights on business this week - great service, reception were very efficient and couldnt do enough for you - room was excellent and the wireless internet was fast, had some bar food the first night which was of good quality. Bar had a good selection of spirits and beers. Room wise the shower was fantastic - big sized overlooking the river - I was on the 15th floor. Staff were really friendly and helpful everywhere. Paid 134 Euro per night - which was worth it - this included breakfast but I didn't take this up

Room Tip: Ask to overlook the river - great views
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
IC-Frankfurt, Manager at InterContinental Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

Dear guests,

many thanks for staying with us here at the InterContinental Frankfurt . I am very pleased to hear, you enjoyed your time with us and will share your feedback with my teams. Hope to welcome you one day again.

With best regards
Resident Manager

Reviewed 14 August 2012

We had a great welcome - maybe due to the fact we have Ambassador Club and they knew we were arriving. The doormen were helpful in parking our cars and guiding us on the cheapest way to do so. The complimentary upgrade with our AC was amazing. Club lounge was great and staff looked after us really well. Breakfast was slightly disappointing as the main area was busy and service was lacking. Not a deal breaker!

Room Tip: go for river view - not much on the other side
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank anil g

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your review. It is our desire to see that our guests enjoy our service and feel comfortable during their stay with us.

We value our InterContinental Ambassadors and therefore I would like to take the opportunity and thank you for your loyalty.

We hope to look forward to welcoming you back to the InterContinental in the near future.

With best regards,

Reviewed 10 August 2012

We arrived at this hotel after a long and tiering flight on the 2nd of Aug at aprox 7 am.
The hotel reception was very welcoming and the staff was very friendly & efficient.
Our room was pleasant and comfortable and very clean.The location was perfect base
As it was a short walk to the railway station ,Restaurant,shops and beautiful parks.
The hotel did have a few minor issues , 1. Small bathroom but very clean , 2. Antique
Style T.V. But the real down side was NO Free Wi Fi .Definitely stay in this hotel again,maybe
Next time they will have free wifi, like most other good hotels around the world.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank raider5859

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I greatly appreciate you taking your time to bring your experiences to our attention and thank you for your overall positive feedback reflecting service at the hotel. Please take our sincere apologies for the older model of our TVs which are subject of upcoming replacement. In response to internet connections please note that we do offer free WiFi in our Lobby and other public areas.

We are constantly trying to improve our quality and our service to our guests and therefore are very grateful about your feedback. Please be assured that we will further raise awareness with our team to ensure you a flawless service for a unique experience and memorable stay.

The team at the InterContinental Frankfurt would love to welcome you back to our hotel.

Reviewed 6 August 2012

Spent one night at the Intercontinental Frankfurt before flying to America.

As mentioned in the title of my review the hotel is a little dated (no flat screen TV). Having said that I don't tend to stay in hotels so I can watch TV!

We arrived the day after the Frankfurt Ironman Triathlon so the hotel had been fully booked the night before. Due to this an early check-in wasn't possible (we were asked to come back at 4pm). After a bit of sightseeing we arrived back at 4pm and the room still wasn't ready so they asked us to wait in the lobby. About 15 minutes later our room key and details were brought to us by a member of staff who apologised again for the delay.

The room itself was fine and to my mind had a certain "class" about it. Some hotels try too hard to shout things like "look how cool we are". The IC in Frankfurt knows what it is and doesn't feel the need to make to yell about it!

The staff we met were excellent and friendly.

No free Wi-Fi in the rooms but there was a free service in the lobby along with a couple of computers in the business centre (just off the lobby).

Enjoyed our (brief) stay here and will come back here next time we are in Frankfurt.

Vielen Dank