“★Convenient location with a great view★”

InterContinental Frankfurt
Ranked #33 of 270 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 3 December 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Intercontinental Frankfurt last week. We felt very welcome and it was a comfortable stay....great location, view, and very convenient. The main station is within walking distance, yet so near the Main river that you can have a great view from your room (riverside) I have read other reviews on how outdated this hotel is, but most of the hotels near the station have quite a history anyway, but that's what makes the stay in Frankfurt very classic and enjoyable. I didn't feel the rooms were outdated since it was very well maintained. I would defnitely want to go back and stay there. The staff all spoke perfect English and we did not have any difficulties whatsoever.

Room Tip: Riverside veiw was absolutely beautiful...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
IC-Frankfurt, General Manager at InterContinental Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear guest Doctor_and_wife
thank you for sharing four feedback with TripAdvisor We will share your extreme positive comment with our staff and are happy to have you as a loyal customer. We are looking forward to welcome you again! Best regards Martin Driskell, General Manager

Reviewed 2 December 2013

The hotel is just 20 miniutes from the airport by Taxi and costs Euro 25 , The U 8, U 9 is also a good way to travel to the main station and the Hotel is just 5 minutes on foot. Met my requirements perfectly. Great location - very close to the main train station.Good functional room, though the bathroom was a bit small,. Efficient service by the front desk. Enjoyed my short stay there When I arrived, I was a bit disappointed with the look of the building from the outside this requires a immediate makeover, but once inside, everything changed.Slightly dated hotel (rooms could maybe do with a bit of a make-over) but otherwise perfectly fine to stay in. Price/quality is certainly fair for a city like Frankfurt. Hotel has a very favorable location right next to some of Frankfurt's largest financial institutions. The river facing rooms have a great view which compensates for many things.

Room Tip: Try and request for the river facing rooms.

Dear Mr Sandeepdelhi
thank you very much for writing your excellent review on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. Best regards Martin Driskell, General Manager

Reviewed 2 December 2013

The rooms are small and slightly dated but they are well designed, efficient and very clean. The buffet breakfast was fantastic and dinner was also very good with attentive service. The location close to the river was wonderful. Enjoyable stay - would come back again.

Dear Olga J
thank you for your post at the TripAdvisor page after your stay with us. We are proud to read that you enjoyed our breakfast. We look forward to welcome you back to the InterContinental Frankfurt. best regards Martin Driskell, General Manager

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Met my requirements perfectly. Great location - very close to the main train station. Excellent room, though the bathroom was a bit small,. Efficient service by the front desk. Enjoyed my short stay there,

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Dear guest Vineet2K
we thank you for you loyal feedback sharing with the TripAdvisor community. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcome you back in Frankfurt soon. Best regards Martin Driskell, General Manager

Reviewed 29 November 2013

When I arrived, I was a bit disappointed with the look of the building from the outside. The immediate area was in a bit of a state and the building grey and kind of boring from a distance, but once inside, everything changed.

My favourite things about this hotel was by how much it made up for not having a swimming pool or sauna/steam room. Probably the best hotel I’ve been to without those luxuries. Now it does help if you are at least a reward member and especially good if you book a club room. My visit was just to relax hang out in the hotel most of the time, and the service made all the difference. I found the staff to be extraordinarily efficient and polite. All the staff I met were incredible and no matter what, show interest in conversations rather than just providing the service. I stayed at the hotel alone, but the staff made me feel very welcomed.

The club lounge is no more special than most club lounges, but the views were very good for a Frankfurt hotel. On top of that, it was exceptionally efficient run and clean, with a good range of drinks. I am a drinker, and I found it quite pleasant and a particularly relaxing.

I was upgraded to a bigger room, the views were superb and it was truly big. I could go on about the features of the hotel, but I think this hotel stands out in Frankfurt as a one with a really big heart and a personal service…. Providing that you are polite and a reasonable person.

If there was anything that I could add to this, is that I had wished that the Daxx bar was located somewhere in the hotel with a view or at least a window. My room had a better view than the bar. But that’s me being fussy.

One tip for non-business travellers….. visit Frankfurt in the weekends. It’s cheaper all around, and I found the hotel to be more than reasonably priced. I definitely got my monies worth, especially booking during the weekend.

Room Tip: Go Club all the way and stay during weekends
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear guest JasonLuu
Thank you for leaving your impressions on the Tripadvisor and taking the time to give us your detailed the feedback. We are proud that we made your stay home away from home.
We look forward to welcome you back soon. Best regards Martin Driskell, General Manager

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Slightly dated hotel (rooms could maybe do with a bit of a make-over) but otherwise perfectly fine to stay in. Price/quality is certainly fair for a city like Frankfurt. Hotel has a very favourable location right next to some of Frankfurt's largest financial institutions and only a 15min cab ride from/to the airport. Also very good breakfast buffet! Views are very nice from the rooms on some of the higher floors (either towards the river Main or the city's skyline)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
IC-Frankfurt, General Manager at InterContinental Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear guest Paulus_Adams
thank you very much for writing your review on TripAdvisor. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with. With best regards Martin Driskell, General Manager

Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Nice clean room, friendly cooperative staff, perfect view and excellent location. The breakfast is very good , too.The rooms are just too warm. I read the previous reviews about the hotel being old and in need for renovations, but I did not get this impression.

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear guest Ahamsahu
thank you very much for writing your excellent review on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. The temperature at the moment is difficult to control in the whole house. But we are working on it. We look forward to welcome you once back to the hotel..
With best regards Martin Driskell, General Manager