“Room with a view”

Ranked #35 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Maidenhead
“Room with a view”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Checked into the hotel on Friday, 8 August and stayed until Monday, 11 August 2014. Had read some negative reviews on this hotel but as my husband is an IHG member we went ahead and booked as our previous experiences of various hotels in this group had been very good.
I would have to say that from the moment we arrived until when we left on the Monday I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this hotel. We were in a club room and so had access to the club lounge which always makes a stay very special.
The food, service, rooms, cleanliness and staff were all first class.
I would like to at this point give a very special thank you to Isabel Montano who checked us in on arrival. She was very friendly, efficient, polite and helpful. She gave us information on the best places to visit and marked everything on a map for us. The Hotel should be very proud of their employee.
Would I stay there again, absolutely.

Room Tip: If you upgrade to club then access to Wi-fi is free and also ask for a room overlooking the river.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
IC-Frankfurt, General Manager at InterContinental Frankfurt, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear guest Andanizzy14,

We are very happy that you appreciate the friendliness and professionalism of our staff, in particular Isabel Montano from our Front Office Team. It will be my pleasure to pass on your comments to Isabel, who I`m sure, will also be delighted.
Best regards
Martin Driskell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Recently stayed at the Hotel Intercontinental Frankfurt and am pleased to say this property ticks all the boxes.
We stayed in a panorama suite with a beautiful view of the river Main. The room has been freshly renovated and everything was spotless.
Had use of the executive lounge, club Intercontinental, and again the staff were wonderful. A hot dinner item was offered each night which is very unusual in most similar business lounges. Breakfast had full continental with eggs made to order.
Located within walking distance of the Hauptbahnhof with a nice riverside walk to the city centre, the Intercontinental Frankfurt is a firm favourite from now on.

Room Tip: A room facing the river Main is a must, with views of the old town and across to Sachenhausen on the...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
IC-Frankfurt, General Manager at InterContinental Frankfurt, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Guest Brett M,

Thanks so much for your detailed comments regarding your stay.
I'll be happy to pass on your comments to all staff, and I am very pleased that you will choose our hotel again for a stay in Frankfurt.

Martin Driskell , General Manager
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The Hotel was very friendly at check-in, as well as in all other respects. It was refreshing to have the receptionist provide some guidance as to which room and package would suit as best as a 3 person family. We ended up with a club room, which had a spare (proper) bed, as opposed to a fold up type that is generally rolled in. It was also a very large room, with a large bath room. The bathroom had Hermes soaps, shampoos,and body moisturiser, which was a nice touch.
The beds and pillows offered a wonderful nights rest.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Club rooms are very spacious.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest JFerrero007,

Thanks a lot for your great comment and high rating.

Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stayed in this hotel twice, once in June and once in July

June Stay
My stay in general was good but had a bit of miscommunication but thankfully Nicole E was able to rectify the issue in a very professional and timely manner.

Room was great view was the city and it was very nice seeing the tall buildings.

Before I arrived I made a request that I will be arriving early, however I just wanted to ensure that there will a room ready for me. Katharina K was able to ensure the room was ready. I was very thankful for this especially my flight arrived early.

July Stay
This was an unplanned stay and I was very happy to be back at this hotel again. During my say here I had multiple request and emailed the hotel's Guest Services. Katharina K was again able to help me with my requests and I was extremely thankful for this.

Lounge:
I have been to multiple IC around the world and this is the only place that offers hot food at night or dinner. Most if not all IC do not offer this, for me this is a big plus!
It also has a very nice view of the river and city.

Gym:
Very nice and clean, they have enough and basic things that I need.

Staff and service
In general all the staff were very nice and friendly, some of them recognized me again such as Hans-Phillip. I applaud Martin D how well his staff are trained.

Summary:
Every time I visit Frankfurt and I need to stay, this would be my hotel of choice. What made my stay very memorable in July it was the night when Germany was playing against Argentina for the World Cup 2014. So the atmosphere was awesome! Frankfurt is the Financial District of Germany so this hotel in general is a business hotel. However there are still plenty of great places to visit.

Room Tip: During both my stays I had different views. June stay - My view was the city July stay - My view...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest BRAI79,

First of all we would like to thank you for taking the time to communicate your experiences through Tripadvisor, during your stay at the InterContinental Frankfurt. Only comments like yours help us to determine how well we are delivering our promise of superior service to you and to identify those areas that need attention.

We are very happy that you appreciate the friendliness and professionalism of our staff, in particular our Front office and Guest Relations Team.It will be my pleasure to pass on your comments to them. We hope that you had a pleasant trip back home and we look forward to welcoming you back soon to the InterContinental Frankfurt.
Best regards Martin Driskell General Manager
Chippenham, England
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This is the second time we have spent a weekend in Frankfurt using the Intercontinental Hotel. On both occasions we have been completely satisfied with every aspect of the hotel. It meets all of one's expectations when using the Intercontinental Hotel Brand. The rooms are well appointed and if staying in a river view room, provide a splendid view over the River Main. The location is excellent, being close to both the city and also to the River. The staff go out of their way to make your stay a memorable one. The fitness centre, which is available 24 hours a day, has a basic range of cardio equipment (all of which work fine) and some fixed weights machines - there is more than enough, especially when combined with a run along the river bank, to complete any type of workout. Transport links are also easy - 20 minute train ride at €3.80 per person, followed by a straightforward 10 minute walk from Frankfurt Main railway station. Overall, if visiting Frankfurt for business or pleasure, then I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
IC-Frankfurt, General Manager at InterContinental Frankfurt, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Guest andymickChippenham,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed stay with us and that you feel you received great service.

Palo Alto, California
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This hotel caters to the business crowd. As we were a family of four tourists, it wasn't the best choice for us. The breakfast buffet was incredibly expensive, so we opted for one of the sweet cafes nearby and paid one third of the cost. They put us in a very nice, huge room, but it was right next to the elevator so it sounded a bit like sleeping at the airport. The location is convenient to the main train station, not far from the river Main. It's a good, long walk to the old part of town. They were the only hotel we stayed at in our trip through Europe that didn't offer free internet access. You had to go to the reception area and ask for a code that was only good for 2 hours. I would look for a smaller, boutique hotel next time.

Room Tip: Do not get a room near the elevators.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Heidi E
Dear guest Heidi E,

First of all, may I thank you for taking the time and trouble to communicate your experiences at the InterContinental Frankfurt. I am truly distressed to learn that you were not able to fully enjoy your stay due to the points mentioned via tripadvisor and I would like to apologize for the unpleasant occurrence that you encountered in our hotel.
Hope you had a pleasant trip back to USA
Martin Driskell General Manager
Marlboro, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed on business for 3 nights. Close to the business areas with a short cab ride. Beautiful view of the river and easy access to the river. Short walk to Romerburg and Zeil shopping areas. The airport was a 25 Euro cab ride. The hotel is clean, good staff and comfortable. Great breakfast, but it is a bit expensive. Would love to stay there again in the future.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business