“In the middle of hell!!”
Review of Hotel Elbe

Hotel Elbe
Ranked #238 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
“In the middle of hell!!”
Reviewed 23 July 2011

This hotel is located in the most disgusting area of Frankfurt. From the place where I parked my car to the door I had to pass through 10 hookers and 15 crackheads that were working the aluminum foil in front of my windshield. Absolutely disgusting. Reception does not speak English. When I was showed the room there was some kind of deal going on next room. Creepy!!
Good luck!

• Stayed June 2011
4 Thank Gtacars

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Reviewed 26 May 2011

Arrived at 10pm to find hookers sitting on the doorstep. I think their pimp was across the road in a fetching White suit and a stetson. The smell of urine was over bearing. I think they normally rent the rooms by the hour. There were drunks and druggies out in the street. My room or cell as I fondly called it Was about 1.5 meters wide. I haven't slept in a single bed since I was 5. My colleague had a double bed but only a single duvet. The smell in the lift I can't describe. I am just glad their were 2 of us as had I been alone I would have left Germany. It was really scary and horrible and to top it off i had to pay 177 euros a night because of IMEX. This is no way a 3 star. Ladies don't stay there on your own.

• Stayed May 2011
3 Thank Mazza74

Travellers are raving about these Frankfurt hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2010

The WORST hotel I've ever had the misfortune of finding myself in. Ignoring the facts that this hotel was dirty, poorly maintained, had a shower that flooded the bathroom without warm water, no window in the bedroom, a broken TV, the world's weakest mattress and a location in the centre of the red light district; the main reason that you shouldn't stay here is that the staff steal from the bedrooms. I hid my spare cash in between some clothing in one of the drawers, yet it still went missing. When I spoke to the owner, he gave me a look of distain as if to say 'What are you going to do about it' and conveniently lost his ability to speak English. I did, however, understand the word scheisse.

Please, please, please take my advice and find another hotel to book. I have never written a review on here before, but feel so strongly about my experience at Elbe that I had to.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
5 Thank MaxW1984
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 10 June 2010

Pros

-Room was actually pretty nice, ample bed space, good shower, and we got a small TV.

Cons:

-The receptionist took our only room key when we went out for dinner. All of our stuff was in the room and he wouldn't let us leave with the key. Really bizzare.
-We were walking to an Italian restaurant in the area and, while giving us a death stare, a heroin junkie started shooting up on the street. This was a block away from the hotel. Scared us quite a bit.
- When we got back to the hotel, it was locked with a sign on the door that stated "Be Back Soon." We stood at the door, three women and one male, across the street from two strip clubs, with no way of contacting the hotel, getting inside or knowing when we could enter. Sound like good hotel management to you?
-Oh yeah, the hotel owner wanted E7.50! an hour for Wifi. Ridiculous.

Stay away. Seriously.

• Stayed June 2010
2 Thank BlahBlahson
London
Reviewed 20 October 2009

Their website says the hotel is newly renovated, but this work had not reached the room I stayed in - waste from a toilet from another room appeared in mine every morning and the shower did not work properly. No maid service on the first day. No check that all lights in the room were working - the broken bulb in the lamp was never replaced during my stay. It was impossible to shave over the very small sink in the bathroom, which was covered by a shelf - only a contortionist would be able to splash water on their face direct from the sink! Breakfast was good but clearing of the small breakfast room was very slow. Central heating not very effective, with no heating at all or hot water on my last day, for which there was no apology or compensation. It is impossible to avoid the red-light district in which it is situated, or the accompanying noise. As with all hotels in Frankfurt during the week of the Book Fair, it is grossly overpriced. It's only redeeming factor was they permit smoking in the rooms.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank bookmanlondon
essex
Reviewed 4 September 2009

I stayed at the Elbe hotel for a couple of nights with my boyfriend, the room is clean and good value, the area is what you would expect from a red light district. On the odd occasion when I went out by myself I was propositioned by 2 men...so not for the faint hearted! but its a great central location, good rooms and cheap!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lulugoestoHollywood
Glendale, CA
Reviewed 31 July 2009

This hotel was recommended by the student exchange group we were meeting up with (to retrieve our kids.) It's very very close to the train station (and also near a redlight area - but just don't walk in that direction.) It was comfortable and pleasant and the staff in the evening was very helpful. The bedroom was roomier than most of our stay in Europe (London, Munich, Frankfurt, Rome) and the bathroom was small but fully functional. There were several restaurants right around the corner - even an Australian one where the kids had kangaroo and emu for dinner. The hotel was easy to find and the staff helped us with parking right away. There was also free wireless, which we actually found harder to come by in Europe than we expected. I definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family