“Far from the city centre”

Lindner Hotel & Residence Main Plaza
Ranked #48 of 268 Hotels in Frankfurt
Barreiro, Portugal
“Far from the city centre”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

Stayed for one night on a business trip. Nightly rate was absurdly high (284 euros, but with a fair going on). This included breakfast but I was surprised when having it in the morning when the waiter presented me with a 23-euro bill to sign, which is quite uncommon when the reservation has been paid in advance and already included breakfast.
For me this was unneccessary as it implied further clarification with reception. On top of this, wi-fi access would have to be paid extra, which I thought a bit too much...
The best feature I retained from this brief stay was the cleaniness of the facilities, with the room excessively big for a short stay, better suited for long periods (but I'm not complaining!). On the other hand, the worst features were the location, too far from the city centre and it was too unlucky to happen with a fair going on (although not in my interest to go there), generating a hectic traffic in the morning and I had to wait 45 minutes (not a typo...) for a taxi to get to my meeting and even had to share it with another guest! Low mark also for the unattentive receptionist when checking in.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Velbert, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

The Lindner, even though a four-star, was really nice! Even the regular rooms were incredibly spacious with a kitchenette and great windows. I had a wonderful view over Frankfurt from the 10th floor - even though we booked on a good deal.

The spa area is nice, too, in a separate building with an underground connection. The breakfast was ok. It was included in our deal but I think would not have been worth what they charge if you pay for it extra. It's a pity that there is no bar, breakfast room or restaurant with a view on one of the upper floors. It's all ground floor.

Still, I would definitely go there again. You can walk to all Frankfurt sites and are still in a quiet location.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Clarksville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2011

My wife, sister-in-law and I stayed in this hotel for two nights after arriving at the Frankfurt INT Airport. After making reservations on line, I called to ask a few questions and they were very helpful. The rooms were spacious when compared to other hotels in the city. SInce we had three people, we chose the Junior Suite which consisted of a separate bedroom, a pull-out couch for a third guest, a separate closet, spacious bathroom, a small safe and fridge that you can use.

There are local grocery stores right across the street to pick up food to keep in the room. Upon checkin in, the staff was friendly and helpful. They even had our room ready early. The elevators are a bit small, so we made two trips to get our bags upstairs but no big deal at all once we saw the room. Considering how small some other hotel rooms in the city are, this one was very spacious. It could have been a bit cleaner (the floor had a few dust bunnies in the corners). There was AC in our room and the windows do open. We were there in November so we kept some of our food outside the window because it was nice and cold! Great view from our window but I think we got lucky with this as the hotel is round and your room may not face the Rhein River.

Internet is NOT free. We chose to get breakfast the night before and ate in our room the next morning so we did not try the restaurant downstairs. Restaurants and local sights are within 10-15 minute walking distance. Honestly no major complaints about this hotel. Keep in mind that you are in Germany, not the U.S. Things are a bit smaller, but I would absolutely stay in this hotel again!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank R Dean G
Sweden
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2011

I specifically ordered a non smoking room and had "Non smoker/Nicht Raucher" written out in the confirmation of the reservation, but I was put in a gas chamber. The corridor was filled with smoke and the room smelled terrible. When complaining at the reception I was told I was in a smoking room at the smoking floor and everything else was fully booked. Nice big room, but no internet or breakfast included and hard to breath.

Room Tip: At least not the second floor if you don't feel like gas chambers are your cup of tea
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank F E
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on September 24, 2011, with 2 other couples. We stayed in junior suites. The rooms were absolutely fantastic! Two of the suites even had a 2 piece bathroom in addition to the main bathroom, which was finished in black marble. The separate bedroom had a wall of windows overlooking the Maine River, and the bed was extremely comfortable. There was a complete built-in wardrobe in the bedroom. The livingroom area had a lovely modern couch, 2 side chairs, and a coffee table, plus a separate desk area. We were able to walk to many bars, restaurants, and shopping areas. The front desk was extremely friendly and helpful. We really did not want to leave, and we will definitely return to Frankfurt and stay at this hotel. I wish more hotels could follow this example!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

I stayed for one night. The room was large, the service at the frond desk was minimum.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Alameda, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2011

Our stay was comfortable, however considering the cost of the room rate ($200/night) we expected more (such as free WiFi + breakfast). The bathroom was very clean and the parking was convenient (though the entrance is a little difficult to find) and the location is next to the river which was pretty. We were able to check in early which was a huge plus. The carpet and some of the furniture needs updating, which would make this hotel a solid 4+ stars. Overall, our stay was comfortable, but we did not get the "wow" response we were hoping for.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends