“Excellent stay with a good service”

Lindner Hotel & Residence Main Plaza
Ranked #45 of 270 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 30 July 2012

It was the first stay of me with my young family. The hotel offered us all the extras to have a good stay over with our 3 month little daugther. We can highly recommand the service in this hotel as well as the management of the extras.

Room Tip: We havent used the SPA. And the breakfast was too expensive. There are several bars around where to...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 July 2012

I stayed at the Lindner for 3 nights with friends and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The hotel room was HUGE.. a large living area, large bathroom with bath and over bath shower and a separate bathroom. Very clean, very spacious, friendly staff, very quiet hotel. Location is overlooking the Main River and within a few minutes walking distance of the Sachsenhausen (Affel Wein area).

Negatives? Well my shower was a slightly tricky to get the right temperature but a quick call to reception sorted that. It was VERY warm in the hotel room though...and the aircon was obviously centrally set to a mid level temperature which wasn't ideal in the night time.

I stayed on the 7th floor and with only 9 rooms per floor its extremely quiet... never queued once for an elevator. Breakfast was expensive but plenty of places to eat relatively locally and much cheaper.

The walk along the river into the main part of the city is beautiful.

Room Tip: 7th floor was nice. If they try to put you in the adjacent building where the firness club is I woul...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Room & bathroom were big, incl. pantry kitchen; clean; in walking distance to "Apple-Wine-Area" and close to city just across the river; parking was not that easy in public area; wellness area was nice and interesting due to direct view. Breakfast we have not tried.

In Harry´s New York bar was nice atmosphere, good drinks and nuts + live piano music.

Negative: The entrance is quite dark, we did not feel very welcomed. The only humans we saw were at the lobby desk.

So if you do not need any extra service than getting your key card it is a good location to stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Stayed for one night on a business trip. Nightly rate was absurdly high (284 euros, but with a fair going on). This included breakfast but I was surprised when having it in the morning when the waiter presented me with a 23-euro bill to sign, which is quite uncommon when the reservation has been paid in advance and already included breakfast.
For me this was unneccessary as it implied further clarification with reception. On top of this, wi-fi access would have to be paid extra, which I thought a bit too much...
The best feature I retained from this brief stay was the cleaniness of the facilities, with the room excessively big for a short stay, better suited for long periods (but I'm not complaining!). On the other hand, the worst features were the location, too far from the city centre and it was too unlucky to happen with a fair going on (although not in my interest to go there), generating a hectic traffic in the morning and I had to wait 45 minutes (not a typo...) for a taxi to get to my meeting and even had to share it with another guest! Low mark also for the unattentive receptionist when checking in.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 February 2012

The Lindner, even though a four-star, was really nice! Even the regular rooms were incredibly spacious with a kitchenette and great windows. I had a wonderful view over Frankfurt from the 10th floor - even though we booked on a good deal.

The spa area is nice, too, in a separate building with an underground connection. The breakfast was ok. It was included in our deal but I think would not have been worth what they charge if you pay for it extra. It's a pity that there is no bar, breakfast room or restaurant with a view on one of the upper floors. It's all ground floor.

Still, I would definitely go there again. You can walk to all Frankfurt sites and are still in a quiet location.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 December 2011

My wife, sister-in-law and I stayed in this hotel for two nights after arriving at the Frankfurt INT Airport. After making reservations on line, I called to ask a few questions and they were very helpful. The rooms were spacious when compared to other hotels in the city. SInce we had three people, we chose the Junior Suite which consisted of a separate bedroom, a pull-out couch for a third guest, a separate closet, spacious bathroom, a small safe and fridge that you can use.

There are local grocery stores right across the street to pick up food to keep in the room. Upon checkin in, the staff was friendly and helpful. They even had our room ready early. The elevators are a bit small, so we made two trips to get our bags upstairs but no big deal at all once we saw the room. Considering how small some other hotel rooms in the city are, this one was very spacious. It could have been a bit cleaner (the floor had a few dust bunnies in the corners). There was AC in our room and the windows do open. We were there in November so we kept some of our food outside the window because it was nice and cold! Great view from our window but I think we got lucky with this as the hotel is round and your room may not face the Rhein River.

Internet is NOT free. We chose to get breakfast the night before and ate in our room the next morning so we did not try the restaurant downstairs. Restaurants and local sights are within 10-15 minute walking distance. Honestly no major complaints about this hotel. Keep in mind that you are in Germany, not the U.S. Things are a bit smaller, but I would absolutely stay in this hotel again!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank R Dean G
Reviewed 30 November 2011

I specifically ordered a non smoking room and had "Non smoker/Nicht Raucher" written out in the confirmation of the reservation, but I was put in a gas chamber. The corridor was filled with smoke and the room smelled terrible. When complaining at the reception I was told I was in a smoking room at the smoking floor and everything else was fully booked. Nice big room, but no internet or breakfast included and hard to breath.

Room Tip: At least not the second floor if you don't feel like gas chambers are your cup of tea
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business