Pretty good hotel for short term business stays as well as weekend getaways in Frankfurt, very good pricing, service, big rooms with interesting style, giving you a really good 4 Star experience. No distinctive luxurious or glamorous feeling, everything is well done but a bit cool. That’s their style.
Details: The Lindner Main Plaza is a bit off-centre, south of Frankfurt's city at a still good location (even when a bit quiet), about 3-8 minutes to walk to the city centre , on the lower side of the Main river. Or even less when you are heading to the pubs and bars (and quite a few good restaurants, too, local and other styles) of the 'old town' of Sachsenhausen just around the corner. The close surrounding is new upmarket housing developments with a few restaurants and bars directly at the river side.
The architecture of the building is quite special for a business-class hotel, a free standing 88m tower in 1920/30s New York style, designed by Hans Kolhoff , red brick facade, with gold details and distinctive lightning at night. The Hotel inside has seen a bit better ages, as you can see it was 'new' about 10 years ago, not too much of a downturn though, as everything is of high quality, well maintained and in good condition. The overall design is cool, simple and modernistic, with stone and wooden floors, industrial- or lounge elements, high ceilings; but not plushy or ‘traditional luxurious’ at all.
Service (reception etc.) has always been very quick, professional and attentive, at any time of the day (or night), sometimes a bit stiff or formal, but always interested and guest-oriented. Availability of rooms was always good, which also made the prices pretty affordable.
All rooms are spacious, cut generally much bigger than average, apartment style, often rather a kind of junior suite or suite. You always have a hall with a, a lounge and a separate sleeping area, so even if you bring someone up to your room or they pick you up, they will never stand directly next to your bed. Often, you will get a bedroom and a big lounge area separated by doors, giving your stay a spacious, professional and intimate feeling at the same time (for me it was). You will also find often a separated guest toilet and two entrances to main bath room, which is mainly equipped with both, tubs and shower. Also, there is always an interesting mix of high quality flooring with parquet and clean carpets, and modern furnishing with low sofas, flatscreens and a writing desk . Many rooms offer great views to the Frankfurt skyline, onto the Main river or the southern city and neighborhoods (obviously, not all).
There is a clean and well lit parking area in the basement (I don’t remember the pricing), fast availability of taxis, a nice bar with ambience inhouse and a modern, pretty and very clean Spa.
The restaurant in the house is good at international standard, also here interesting design with open kitchen, but always check recent reviews.
The best: the pricing is usually extremely good, even too cheap: I had rooms from 85 (!) to 320 € here, depending on the booking situation and the size, and always felt it was a good deal for me. Ask for upgrades or different rooms, and they are happy to show you around or give you a bigger / different room at a low surcharge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a fantastic location on the Sachsenhausen Main riverbank the Lindner Hotel & Residence Main Plaza delights its guests not only with a sensational view of the Frankfurt skyline, but also with a New York thirties style architecture with an elegant ambience rich in detail. The acclaimed New Brick restaurant and the cosy Harry’s New York bar make your heart skip a beat. A luxurious city hotel that is fun and perfect as an event location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Lindner Hotel & Residence Main Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindner Main Plaza Frankfurt
- Lindner Main Plaza Hotel Frankfurt