“Could do Better but Pretty Location”

Holiday Inn Frankfurt-Airport North
Ranked #116 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
London
“Could do Better but Pretty Location”
Reviewed 17 January 2013

Set in a wooded area there was potential for this property but unfortunately it was not of the usual quality i would expect from Holiday Inn. I arrived late and was given a room that had single beds, I asked to be moved to a double but was told there were none free and were not particularly helpful - it was a large hotel so I was surprised.
I was given a voucher for a drink from the mini bar which was empty, no water was available. TV was old style and had BBC USA or CNN only.
No amenities were in the bathroom, the shower was over the tub and was reasonable but the grouting was grubby and the bathrooms need an update.
You could hear the planes in the morning.
The decor appeared to be straight out of the 80's in both the lobby and rooms and in general was pretty shabby. The breakfast was perfectly adequate, nothing special. Coffee was in flasks on table not expresso.
Check out was straightforward, staff were professional rather than friendly. I recently rated another Holiday Inn as average, I think I misjudged it, really this is average.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Frankfurt-Airport North, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Dear Angelina8888,

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding customer care, room amenities and the decor. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Wasn't impressed by this Holiday Inn. Stayed over night on our way driving from Munich to Calais. Arrived late so did not use the restaurant etc. Room was very shabby looking with wallpaper torn in places and generally needs updating. Bathroom was small and again, needs a complete overhaul. Breakfast was OK. Friendly waiter but all was too quiet with guests practically whispering. Spend some money Holiday Inn and update yourself otherwise you will loose a good customer!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Frankfurt-Airport North, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Dear bellytastic,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. Please accept our deepest apologies for the issues you had encountered over the condition of the room and bathroom. I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention as these will be discussed with the management. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is. We will surely use your comments to improve our efforts.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Ottawa
Reviewed 8 December 2012

This is a good hotel to pick for one night with no plans to go into town. There are closer airport hotels, but this one has a nice quiet setting. I would love to see it in the summer. There is a free shuttle to and from the airport. Service at the hotel is fast and friendly. We asked to change rooms and that was accomplished in ten seconds! The rooms are a bit dated, but they are clean and comfortable. The breakfast is amazing, anything you can think of. I highly recommend the pub for dinner and a few good German beers. My wife is a vegan and had no trouble finding a meal on the menu. One nice touch is the airport departure board in the lobby.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 December 2012

Stayed at the hotel for 5 nights on a business trip. Price is average to OK for what you get.
the Staff are friendly and helpful. the Breakfast Buffet is really good with a very nice variety.
As for the rooms, they feel and look old and should be renewed ASAP. BTW, I was upgraded to an "executive room" since I have Gold status at the hotel chain.
The room was clean but felt old. The bed cushions were not comfortable, the closet was very small, the TV is small and old (it is about time to replace the CRT TVs with a flat screen) and the choice of channels is really bad. If you call this hotel an airport hotel, you should have a few English speaking/international channels above the regular news channels. in this case everything spoke German.
The Bed was actually 2 single beds tied together which is not comfortable and the blankets are very small/narrow. The bed sheets were not replaced for my entire stay which again is very bad though the room was serviced every day.
And the last thing, again this is an airport hotel so planes fly by it bu the windows in the room are not sound proof. The planes fly over the hotel every morning and that woke me up a couple of times.
Bottom line it is an OK hotel for an over night near the airport but not more then that.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 1 December 2012

I stayed here on 11/29/2012 for the third time and I consider it still "old reliable" for a stopover or any other reason you need a nights sleep near the airport.

The rooms are clean and comfortable, more like the USA rather than the usually small rooms that you get in Europe in this price range. Likewsie, the pillows and bed were very comfortable for me. The TV was OK, but in English only news channels. Working space and internet were fine. Payment for internet was 13 Euro for 24 hours, or 16Euro for 24 hours for higher speed. I used the 16 Euro option and had no issues.

I had pizza and a few beers in the bar, and both were good. They also had burgers, salads and other full-dinner options. There is also a full service Restaurant and a Beer Garden, neither whih I visited.

The shuttle to the airport leaves on the half hour and takes 10 min to get to the airport. They charge 5 Euro for the trip.

This Hotel is not located too close to anything other than the airport. There really isn't anywhere to walk to, as far as I can tell.

In summary, no surprises, nothing too fancy, but a good value and very convienent. I will likely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 November 2012

Unfortunately our connecting flight got cancelled in Frankfurt and our airline put us up in a hotel for the night. This hotel had an unexpected 200 guests due to the weather! Everyone was very welcoming and friendly. My family and I dined in the bar and we had great food and service. The bar lady was very talkative. The rooms were clean and tidy. We didn't have enough time to explore the hotel but we were not disappointed with what we did experience!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 17 November 2012

It boasts a 4 star superior class, but it's more like 3 stars. Rattling elevators, old furniture, un-smiling staff. Great breakfast though. Don't trust their shuttle bus. Mine was 30 min late and I almost missed my flight. Once we go to the airport, the shuttle was full and couldn't take more passengers (who have being waiting for 30 min plus and were left in the cold waiting for the following one - 30 more min). A bit un-German in terms of efficiency. Overall, I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Pasquale P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfurt
Holiday Inn Frankfurt Airport
#45 of 269 in Frankfurt
Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt-Ai...
#2 of 9 in Morfelden-Walldorf
Sachsenhausen-Süd
Lindner Hotel & Sports Academy
Lindner Hotel & Sports Academy
#106 of 269 in Frankfurt
Niederrad
Sheraton Frankfurt Congress Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Frankfurt-Airport North? Share your experiences!