Leonardo Hotel Frankfurt City South
US$159
US$235
US$91
  • Restaurant
NH Frankfurt Messe(Frankfurt)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$80
  • Room Service
Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel(Frankfurt)(Great Value!)
US$155
US$314
US$130
US$114
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfree shuttlehotel shuttleihg memberadjoining roomsmorning flightdecent hotelhotel is locatedhotel barbreakfast buffetmini barshort staysingle roomstopovertransitairlinemesse
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Stayed two nights on business trip.Room okay bit smallish and bed comfortable and bathroom fine (but those horrible soap dispensers for bath and was basin,but a small bar of soap as well). Room quite dark due in part to dark brown wood decoration - a bit old fashioned. Woken before 5.30 by plane directly overhead going into land! Location a bit strange in the middle of nowhere by forest and a good 15 mins from airport by shuttle bus and similar into the City by taxi. Ate here first night not a very inspiring menu and so so meal (why would anyone want to serve a plate with a small jar of Heinz ketchup?!). Breakfast reasonable choice.
Reception staff friendly and helpful.

I would not choose to stay here unless simply a flight stop over and even then....

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Hotel Frankfurt City South, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Jodian,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the room amenities prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights two weeks ago. The shuttle bus from terminal 1 at FRA is very reliable and runs every 30 minutes. The hotel itself is 10-15 minutes away and really sits in the middle of nowhere. More on location in a bit. The hotel is average for an HI and has everything that is expected of a property of this level (restaurant, bar, small gym). Rooms were of average size and clean. I stay over 60 nights a year in IHG properties so was upgraded to an executive room which was very suitable. Nothing fancy but suitable.

Word of caution and a complaint. Next to the FREE coffee and hot water heater were a bag of peanuts. Assuming, based on no notice, that the peanuts were free (because they were located with the free items) I ate them on two occasions. Lo and behold when I check out there are two 2EU charges for the peanuts I ate. This is very, very poor and inexcusable for the hotel to lead you into this. Also, the first day I had a car and when checking in they gave me a parking pass for the gate but never ever mentioned a charge. Aha, a 13.50EU charge for that on my bill.

Location, as I said, is really not convenient for anything but traveling to/from the airport or if you have your own car (and willing to pay the parking). There is a tram stop about a 15 minute walk away but it is down an unlit busy street and then through an extremely dark forest pathway. The tram will take you right into Frankfurt.

Sorry to say but this is my last stay here based on its location and subversive way of charging you for things. My recommendation for tourist without transportation is to stay downtown as the train to/from the airport will serve your well.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Hotel Frankfurt City South, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

Dear AirTrafficMan,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. I truly apologize for the not up to par experience you had during you stay with us. Rest assured that your comments will be looked into and take actions accordingly. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is. Again, we appreciate your feedback and your business.

Karen G.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

The hotel is outside the main city. The property is very large. The rooms are very small but clean. The staff seems to be friendly only under pressure. I liked the choices in breakfast but the menu card does not have many choices. The hotel offers free airport service.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Hotel Frankfurt City South, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear RajshreeKhanikar,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. It is nice to know that the breakfast served during your stay lived up to your expectations. It is unfortunate the service you have received from our staff prevented you from fully enjoying your stay at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Janice A

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I arrived on a Sunday night, few guests- check in fast by friendly staff. Room was clean, bath seemed new and in good condition.
I was surprised to find no complimentary drinking water in the room, minibar items incl. water are very expensive. Same for WiFi access!
Breakfast buffet ok with friendly staff.
For guests staying during the day not recommendable, especially during the cold season, when the beergarden is closed. Wellness centre is also closed during the day.
Otherwise the place is surrounded by Forest and quite, with some exception caused by landing airplanes during daytime. But nights are quite.
All in all a convenient place to stay overnight close to the airport and the city.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
HI-Fankfurt-Airport, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Leonardo Hotel Frankfurt City South, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear Bircherp,

Thank you for your review here on Tripadvisor. I am glad to hear you had a good time with us during your visit.

No matter the occasion, leisure or business, you are always welcome back to us to enjoy our hospitality!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I hqve stayed at this hotel several times and for me it adequately serves the purpose. On my most recent stay I was picked up within minutes and due to the number of guests requiring a transfer a second mini bus was right behind the first one. Check in was friendly and efficient with the helpful young man at reception reminding me that the clocks went back an hour, giving me a precious extra hour in bed!
The decor in the hotel has a real 80s retro feel to it particularly in the public areas but in the world of modern, corporate blandness it has a certain appeal for me every time I arrive!
Rooms are clean, breakfast plentiful and varied but please do take heed about booking the shuttle back to the airport as soon as you check in. Whilst I would not want a long stay there it does the job perfectly for a one night stpover.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank SJT999

Dear SJT999,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to Frankfurt. Great to see that you took the time to post your nice feedback here on Tripadvisor.

I have shared your nice words with the rest of the team and hope we might see you as our guest soon again.

Warm regards,