“Basic, but does the job”

Ramada Frankfurt City Centre and Financial District
Ranked #209 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Melbourne
“Basic, but does the job”
Reviewed 30 April 2011

The location is good, the rooms are pretty basic, like a business hotel. But for the price that included breakfast, no complaints at all. It does the job.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 17 March 2011

I had stayed at this hotel before and found it very basic but generally fine if you are not planning to stay for more than a night or so. However, on my last visit I was woken up at four am by a cockroach crawling up my arm. What I found truely offensive was that the hotel staff seemed to be completely unsurprised by this fact and were somewhat taken aback when I suggested that I wanted to move room. In the morning when I checked out and suggested they may want to offer me some sort of discount by way of compensation I was told there was no one available to approve a discount and wouldn't be until the afternoon (after my flight had left).

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank MarieZ2

Travellers are raving about these Frankfurt hotels

istanbul
Reviewed 13 February 2011

We have reached hotel at 12 noontime they say room will be ready in 2 hour we said ok than we have lunch and come back. When we come back at 14:00 they say only smoking rooms available we have to wait for non smoking room . When we asked how long she said she does not know. We vaste our half day because of them. They are unkind staff does not care about customers. You feel that they hate you. In room they don't have even a slipper when you ask to the reception they refuse you unkindly. Could not sleep because of high music coming from bar downstairs. etc.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Yilidirim
Manchester, UK
Reviewed 20 December 2010

Due to a late flight cancellation, we had to find somewhere quick for the night.
This was the only hotel we could find & paid a higher rate than we had paid at The Westin Grand Hotel. !
The room was small, not very clean. In need of a major refurbishment. Bathroom small & awkward.
The room had no view & the corridor and room smelt of kebabs from the Lebanese restaurant below it.
We had to pay £77 for the room, but to me, it was worth less than £50.
Beds awful too, would not stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank Narrabeam
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 10 November 2010

I have booked this hotel for 10 nights. When I have arrived I've got a room which was extremely dirty (dust on everything, minibar was leaking, and in the bath unisolated cables came out from the wall just close to the shower). I went back to the reception and asked for another room. He said he can only give me a smoking one, but next they they will have some checkouts and he will change it to a non-smoking.
Change of course never happaned, they said, they are fully booked. One night I went home late night, the doors were closed, noone at the reception. I was ringing for 20 minutes and trying to call them. After 20 minutes the receptionist appeared claiming, that he was only away for 5 minutes...
Beside of that, toilet paper, and shower gel was not refilled in the bathroom and the bathroom looked always dirty.
So after all this I decided to check out and take another hotel. While checkign out the receptionist wanted me to pay 150EUR! for the internet usage which supposed to be included for FREE in my corporate rate. Explanation was, that when I log in on the first screen there is an option for 3 hours internet usage and I have choosen the 1 week option. The 3 hours option would be free but the 1 week option I have choosen is "advanced" service so I have to poay for that....
I have asked for the manager, he never appeared, only talked to the receptionist, and I had to pay the Internet usage...
NEVER AGAIN RAMADA!!!!!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Zoltan_Cs
Cape Town, South Africa
Reviewed 10 October 2010

Having booked this hotel for 5 x nights,due to a change in business plans I arrived a day early. When I arrived at reception I was told the rate would be Euro's 350 for the extra night. Having just been at the Hilton Hotel in Cologne for the two previous nights and paid Euro's 165. and they kindly upgraded me to Junior Suite FREE I was a little upset. After speaking to manager they reduced the rate to Euro's 226 for the extra night although they had a sign on window rooms from Euro's 65 I was then told this is for Out of Season only
The room received had NO AIRCONDITIONING although I had stayed here some four years ago in a room with air conditioning, at a much lower price. I asked for the manager and told him his rate for the hotel was very expensive in a room which was small, bathroom and shower mpossibly very small " had to stand side ways"The management told me I was talking nonsense and the fact is he said his rate would not be changed and they were not prepared to give me a room with air conditioning as that was MORE expensive.
Buffet breakfast is service service and minimalistic, so no great selection of fruit etc
Some days the room was not cleaned and generally housekeeping poor, and one day NO TOILET paper. While room has small fridge with drinks no bottle opener !
The only good thing is Central location but VERY noisy with drunks shouting until 2 - 3 in morning outside the hotel.Lebanese restaurant in hotel but one night LOUD music until after 11 PM was very distracting
Management was not prepared to assist ' all in all" expensive,noisy and room was poor in comparison to Hilton hotels yet far more expensive
Never again

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank Keith B
Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 September 2010

For the rate we paid at the last minute this hotel was acceptable but nothing more . We were lucky we opted to pay approx 12 euros more for business class which means a slightly bigger room and air conditioning . Made a mistake of dining in the Lebanese restaurant next door which is not recommended , poor value and poor food !!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple