Ramada Frankfurt City Centre and Financial District
Ranked #198 of 268 Hotels in Frankfurt
Salzburg, Austria
“Unacceptable”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

This hotel sells itself as a "classical 4 Star house". Trust me (and previous commenters), it is not even worth 3 stars. The hotel consists of two connected houses. The one where my room was had dark unfriendly floors with dirty old carpets. In contrast to what I had ordered, the room turned out to be one of those "budget" rooms. It was super small (I have never seen such small bedrooms in my live), with the same dirty carpets, a very old TV (which did not work properly) and a minibar. To be fair I should say that the room was clean. However, giving such terrible rooms to customers and then sell the hotel as 4 star is just outrageous! "Budget" or not, I don't care. If I order a 4 star it has to be four star and the rooms should not look like they are 30 years old. Second, the hotel claims to allow free wireless internet access. This is only partly true. The wireless is indeed free but slowed down to a few kilobits/s traffic. I have never ever experienced such a cheat. The breakfast buffet is unacceptable as well. At around 8am, at least 5 plates on the buffet had been emptied already. Finally, a few words about the location. This hotel is very close to the main station of Frankfurt. However, what I did not know then but do know now: this area is a red-light district with an open drug scene. Coming home at around midnight, I had to pass by a drug addict injecting heroine into her veins on the street. Furthermore, the main station turned out to be not very central at all because it is only connected to a few metro lines.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank Bioko
ramadafra_11, Manager at Ramada Frankfurt City Centre and Financial District, responded to this review, 21 September 2011
Thanks for your comments which we would like to reply to. You are refering to our Economy rooms, which are in the description refered to as small. We have several categories of rooms and always give the option to upgrade. The breakfast buffet is refreshed if a plate is empty, so sorry for the inconvenience if you came at a very busy time. The wireless is free and usually very stable at an average speed. Maybe not enough for movies, but to do regular emais and check for updates on the web. We hope you give us the opportunity to make your stay more comfortable next time.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2011

If money is the object and you need to be near the train station, this is hard to beat. Neighborhood is a little gritty and air conditioning is weak or non-existent but free WiFi and very good breakfast balance that. Staff was good and rooms clean, so can't complain - just not a place to go for vacation.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank BlueSk1z
Port Macquarie, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2011

Hotel was clean, quiet and close to most tourist activities. Breakfast in the restaurant was good with wide selection of food to choose from. Reception was friendly and efficient. would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

I booked a twin room for single occupancy. The actual room was no larger than a cupboard & only had one bed and no desk or chair. The reason I had booked a twin was to have a bit more space as I was on business. The manager was very unhelpful and said that it was a twin room, but a "single twin"! To cap it all the TV remote control did not work (held together with tape) and the tea/coffee supplies were not refreshed until prompted. Very dissapointing.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank lhscontrol

Travellers are raving about these Frankfurt hotels

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2011

Good hotel. Clean rooms and bathroom. Helpful, English-speaking staff. Good variety of food and drink at breakfast. Comfortable beds. A bit characterless in the rooms, but I've been to worse hotels. The rooms had obviously been recently renovated.

I was travelling on my own, but had I been with a partner, I think I might have been annoyed that the bathroom light shines over the bed through a big opaque glass window. As it was, I used the bathroom light for extra light in the main room, but if someone was getting up in the middle of the night and trying not to wake their companion, it could be difficult.

Before I went I saw that some of the other reviews mentioned feeling unsafe in the streets around the hotel. I can't say that this was a problem, though I did not have occasion to do any wandering around on my own after dark. Some of the surrounding streets did seem a little bit sketchy, but the actual street where the hotel is had nice looking restaurants and cafes and did not feel at all unsafe.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank rbgs
Melbourne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2011

The location is good, the rooms are pretty basic, like a business hotel. But for the price that included breakfast, no complaints at all. It does the job.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2011

I had stayed at this hotel before and found it very basic but generally fine if you are not planning to stay for more than a night or so. However, on my last visit I was woken up at four am by a cockroach crawling up my arm. What I found truely offensive was that the hotel staff seemed to be completely unsurprised by this fact and were somewhat taken aback when I suggested that I wanted to move room. In the morning when I checked out and suggested they may want to offer me some sort of discount by way of compensation I was told there was no one available to approve a discount and wouldn't be until the afternoon (after my flight had left).

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business