Ramada Frankfurt City Centre and Financial District
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$150
US$194
US$162
US$144
  • Room Service
All reviewsa business class roomsafety boxcentral stationred light districttea and coffeemini barwalking distancepublic transportbusiness hotelkaiserstrassedryer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Unknowingly I booked a single economy room -economy meaning non-air conditioned- in this Ramada Hotel, rated 4*, well located for sightseeing in Frankfurt, walking distance from both the main train station and the river Main. To my dismay, during my stay from August 2nd to August 6th, Frankfurt was hit by a serious heat wave and my tiny room overlooking an enclosed courtyard was really hot. Management did provide me with a working fan which they described as a portable air conditioner, lol.....
Other than this unfortunate shortfall the clean well maintained room had everything one needs for a comfortable stay including a bathroom with shower, cable tv (CNN International was the only channel in English though), a working wifi and a phone.
Such a budget room would be more than adequate in not-so-hot climate

Room Tip: In hot weather pay extra for a business room, read a room with air conditioning.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Madjid A
Reviewed 30 July 2013

This is the worst booking decision I have ever made.

As you may be aware, a hotspell has been hitting Europe. The weather has turned tropical. Prior to my check in, I asked the staff about air-conditioning of the room. I was told that air-conditioning is not available in theroom I booked. I therefore asked the staff to prepare fans by email in advance. However, my email was not attended. Then, when I arrived at the hotel, I asked once again if fans are available. The receptionist simply said no, with no follow-ups. As the receptionist told me that air-conditioned business rooms were available and no fans were available, I asked if upgrade to the air-conditioned rooms at no surchange is possible. The response was negative. In fact, the receptionist was enjoying air conditioning in the lobby, with a fan next to her. Only until I insisted, I was given a fan. The receptionist was not helpful at all. I was also struck by the fact that the hotel does not lend electricity plug converter to customer. Instead, it was sold at 5 euro.

Moreover, the receptionist said that housekeeping is only available for 3-4 hours every day, from 12-4. The reception is only manned by 1 staff member. You could tell the resources put in the management.

The terrible experience still went on. My travel companion's room suffered electricity failure twice within 15 mins. Both rooms were found to be dirty, with bugs bitting us. I found stains in the kettles. The pillows are smelly. Worse still, there was a noisy party on the G/F going on at 11pm.

I do understand the hotspell is extraordinary and fall outside everyone's expectation. That's when contingency has to come in. The electricity failure itself suggests that the old wing, where our standard rooms are located, do not have the capacity to handle the impacts of the hotspell, say surge in electricity usage. Common sense would suggest one to divert some customers to the new wing to avoid these problems.

As the hotspell will go one day, why can't the hotel be customer-oriented and divert customers to air-conditioned rooms (when room availability is not an issue) as far as possible?

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank yc_jeffrey
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights here in July. Location is right next to train and about a mile from the river. We were in the older building that others have mentioned. Its not bad at all. Bed was comfortable, bathroom updated, flat screen tv. Only problem was no AC, but with the window open and a fan from the front desk it was fine. Free wifi for three hours each day. Defintely a suitable hotel and not as bad as others describe.

1  Thank Nazie S
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I chose that hotel due to its proximity to the station which is O.K .Breakfast is also quite good and rich.At the reception I was totally disappointed.They asked for a deposit of 20 euros/a day which was only for the Romanians and the first in my life-and believe me I travelled a lot in recent years.After arguing with them I was asked for the card-which I didn't have or at least 20 euros for my 3 day staying in a double room.They could not explain to me how WI-FI worked on my phone-pay attention it is not totally free- 3 hours free and then you start again. In the lobby there are two computers which are out-dated and work slowly.The room-301 was very small.I felt humiliated especially that the receptionist was a Romanian guy. Try to avoid it especially if you are a Romanian-they probably mistake you as another beggar at the street corner which in fact are a lot in the city and made me feel ashamed.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank carmen304059
Reviewed 15 June 2013

The hotel is two joined buildings, a newer one which may have better rooms and an older one accessed via a few hallways and a few steps where my room was.

Before staying here, check the room they want to give you, assuming you leave yourself other options ahead of time and have somewhere else to go.

You'll know you've been banished to the old building if when checking in they tell you to use the second elevator and give you directions to it.

The good parts to be fair: clean sheets and bedding, small bed decently comfortable, clean bathrooms with everything working fine. Internet (named "bahn") worked well - some free and some paid faster options or use Skype Connect (free) or Boingo.

The bad parts: tiny room - definitely won't want to spend too much time inside (maybe a plus to force you out immediately?). No desk, no chair, no couch. Only a bed. No air-conditioning - definitely cannot stay in the summer. My room faced to an indoor courtyard - zero view, no cooling breeze, and sometimes noisy from any conversations or other noise that was echoed directly into the room. Old looking carpet. Old TV with no way to connect your own devices or movies. Windows slightly broken, had to lift up to get them to close properly but they did close.

I can't speak about the breakfast (not included) or lunch/dinner because I didn't want to give any more money to this hotel.

Overall definitely not recommended but if you have to stay there because other options are not available you will be ok for a day or two until other hotels have rooms.

Room Tip: Rooms in the new building (upstairs from check-in desk) are probably better. My room in the old building (have to walk inside past the restaurant) was bad.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business