Ramada Frankfurt City Centre and Financial District
Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel(Frankfurt)(Great Value!)
US$321
US$336
US$189
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewsa business class roomsafety boxcentral stationred light districtwalking distancetea and coffeemini barbusiness hotelkaiserstrassedryer
Reviewed 21 September 2013

This hotel is conveniently located near the main train station--not the most fashionable area but quite convenient for anything you want to do in Frankfurt.

But Ramada should be ashamed to have their name on the place. First of all, it's actually two buildings--one with mediocre rooms and one with very, very shabby rooms. First they will try to put you in the shabby building, but if you object, they'll move you. My second room was nowhere near satisfactory, so I moved twice more, then paid for an upgrade to get something approaching acceptable. The place is cramped, feels unclean, internet is lousy. This would be MAYBE a 2-star European standard (more like a 1-star US standard). Definitely avoid!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank bkcarolina
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I stayed here on business as the hotel I usually stay in was full. The reception looked promising but I was given a room in a separate part of the building, round the back. The room was quite large and very sparsely furnished with dreary old furniture and a very basic bathroom. The worst thing was the lack of air conditioning. Even though it was cool outside, the room was so hot and stuffy I had a very poor nights sleep. Despite being on the 5th floor, the smell from the restaurant on the ground floor managed to permeate the room so that I thought I'd fallen asleep in a kebab shop! If I'd booked a 2 star hotel I would have understood, but this claims to be 4 stars so my expectations were a lot higher. I travel internationally a lot, but won't be staying at this particular hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Not_that_Potter
Reviewed 10 September 2013

This hotel is a tale of two cities. If you are lucky enough to be on the "good" side then perhaps the rating is appropriate. However, if you are unlucky enough to be directed to the 2nd set of lifts accessed through a restaurant then you are entering at very best a 2 star hotel room.

I was given room 301 - no air-conditioning at all, overlooking an internal space which has a Lebanese restaurant on the ground floor. As a result the room smells like a kebab (which gets worse through the day and then night, the kitchen preparation for breakfast wakes you at 5am & then dinner clean up & noise goes well past midnight (picture trying to sleep to the sounds of cutlery being thrown around to the pungent aroma of Lebanese kebabs and shisha pipe smoke).

All in all not a pleasant experience at all & I would highly recommend another option if visiting Frankfurt. I would not stay here again under any circumstances.

Room Tip: Make sure you do not get a room in the "old" side that has not been renovated at all & are at best 2 star quality rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MFHooke
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I had a good experience staying in this hotel. Hotel is located close to the business and main train station of Frankfurt. It is ideal for a short stay in the city. The room is OK and fully equipped with basic items such as electric kettle, fridge and TV. This hotel is also near to Muslim restaurants in Frankfurt.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2013

The best thing about the hotel, was it's locale, but even then, you are based next door to the red light district, which may be a good thing if that's what you're looking for. One thing I would say though is watch out for the homeless people in the area, as I was attacked by a guy with a bottle. If it had not been for my quick reactions, I may not be writing this review, luckily, I escaped with a cut just below my elbow.

As mentioned in previous reviews, there are 2 sections to the hotel. Business and economy. Unknowing I booked economy for a party of 3. The hotel is billed as a 4 star hotel, which maybe the case in the business section, but certainly not the case in economy.

Apart from the TV, everything is very dated, I'd guess the carpet is older than me and I'm 34. The pillows are old and uncomfortable, the quilts are very thin.

The noise outside makes it hard to sleep, every night there was a fight outside, bottles and glass being smashed at what felt like every hour from 11pm up to 3am. The evidence is clear when you leave the hotel at 7:30am before the street cleaners get to work.

My experience of staying here was a bad one, if you do stay here, I hope your stay is better than mine.

Pros: Good location, close to transport, shopping and business.

Cons: a very rough area, rooms aren't very good and the noise at night will leave you feeling very tired the next day.

• Stayed: September 2013