“Management needs a wake up !”

Ramada Frankfurt City Centre and Financial District
Ranked #174 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 10 October 2010

Having booked this hotel for 5 x nights,due to a change in business plans I arrived a day early. When I arrived at reception I was told the rate would be Euro's 350 for the extra night. Having just been at the Hilton Hotel in Cologne for the two previous nights and paid Euro's 165. and they kindly upgraded me to Junior Suite FREE I was a little upset. After speaking to manager they reduced the rate to Euro's 226 for the extra night although they had a sign on window rooms from Euro's 65 I was then told this is for Out of Season only
The room received had NO AIRCONDITIONING although I had stayed here some four years ago in a room with air conditioning, at a much lower price. I asked for the manager and told him his rate for the hotel was very expensive in a room which was small, bathroom and shower mpossibly very small " had to stand side ways"The management told me I was talking nonsense and the fact is he said his rate would not be changed and they were not prepared to give me a room with air conditioning as that was MORE expensive.
Buffet breakfast is service service and minimalistic, so no great selection of fruit etc
Some days the room was not cleaned and generally housekeeping poor, and one day NO TOILET paper. While room has small fridge with drinks no bottle opener !
The only good thing is Central location but VERY noisy with drunks shouting until 2 - 3 in morning outside the hotel.Lebanese restaurant in hotel but one night LOUD music until after 11 PM was very distracting
Management was not prepared to assist ' all in all" expensive,noisy and room was poor in comparison to Hilton hotels yet far more expensive
Never again

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank Keith B

Reviewed 5 September 2010

For the rate we paid at the last minute this hotel was acceptable but nothing more . We were lucky we opted to pay approx 12 euros more for business class which means a slightly bigger room and air conditioning . Made a mistake of dining in the Lebanese restaurant next door which is not recommended , poor value and poor food !!

Reviewed 2 September 2010

Had to have a guide to find the elevator, dragging suitcases up stairs, around and down. Room was dark, paint on the wall had big chips missing. Neighborhood was full of peep shows. Not a friendly place for spouse.

2  Thank RonSvrs
Reviewed 27 August 2010

I book a room at this hotel true ramada.com and on the overview it was written that breakfast is free.Also at the hotel the receptionist told me that is included in the price. Next morning in the restaurant i was told that i do not have breakfast included and i ask them to speak with the reception. After having breakfast when i made the check-out they ask me to pay for the breakfast but after i told them the story they says they will not charge. Early evening when i ask about car parking they sent me to Intercontinental where the price was 27 euro but i found one on the same street for 7 euro.I recommend this hotel only for the position

1  Thank ciprian181
Reviewed 27 August 2010

Found the hotel in PriceLine.com and after deciding to go for it I've found out that the hotel direct internet price is the same as PriceLine.com so I ordered directly.
I ordered 2 regular rooms.
The hotel immediately upgraded us to business rooms. very nice.
The rooms were very clean.
One room the A/C didn't work.
You can't open a window at night as the location is alive almost all night and is noisy. The noise doesn't come through the double glassed windows but if the A/C does not work, well, you have problem.
The hotel stuff were very nice and helpfull but we had to catch a flight in the mornining from FRA and had to be at the airport at 07:00 while they start serving breakfast at that time.
The reception stuff promissed us a packed breakfast to wait for us when we will checkout. However, the promiss did not pass to the next shift and we could not wait for them to prepare it and risk missing the flight. One of the reasons I picked this hotel was the free breakfast...

But the bottom line is: Nice and clean hotel in a good location if you do not cross the street to the red zone (unless you intend to...)

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2010

I booked by "name your own price" on Priceline, and when I found out I was staying at a Ramada I was a little scared. It turned out this place was amazing! I had a beautiful city view, large comfortable bed, new TV, nice shower, and the staff was very friendly! Not to mention the location is perfect, about 5 minute walk from main train station. The hotel is on a nice street full of cafe's restaurants and bars, on during the day there is an open air market just outside the hotel. Stay here!

Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2010

Stayed here overnight to make my flight connection the next day. The hotel is located just 5 minutes walk straight out from the Frankfurt main train station, which is about 15 minutes from the airport via direct line for about 3 euros. I decided on not booking an airport hotel which relied on shuttle service and/or calling the hotel upon arrival. The airport train is fast and frequent and my hotel rate was far less than airport hotels.
I arrived during a heat wave, over 30 degrees celcius, but there was no A/C in the room. Since I had been in Spain for two weeks, sort of expected it. However, this was Germany. The front desk promised to send up a fan and, despite a steady stream of people checking in, someone showed up in 15 minutes with a fan that made the room comfortable. I also had a few questions regarding using the TV in the room, and the front desk sent up another person who fixed that too. Considering how slow the elevators were, with constant use by guests with luggage, I was pleasantly surprised by the quick responses.
There is free internet, with three computers in constant use in the business center, but no breakfast if you get a discount rate. I would use this hotel again for another overnight stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo