“Great stay in a beautiful hotel!”
Review of Villa Orange

Villa Orange
Ranked #76 of 270 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 21 April 2011

Villa Orange is located in a residential area, within easy walking distance of downtown (approx. 15 minutes). Our room was spotless and very comfortable, and the bathroom was a dream -- claw-footed tub AND a roomy shower stall. The breakfast buffet was lovely, and completely organic -- fresh bread & rolls, cold cuts & cheese, fruit salad, muesli, yogurt, soft-boiled eggs, etc. Another plus is that the hotel is completely non-smoking. Last, but not least, Villa Orange also offers free wifi -- you just have to ask for the code at the front desk.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank kts66
There are newer reviews for Villa Orange

Reviewed 27 June 2010

Stayed at Villa Orange for 2 nights in June as I was attending a seminar in the city. It is a very nice and welcoming hotel, with friendly staff and an informal atmosphere that I found absolutely great compared to your standard business hotel.
Location is great in a very quiet residential area 10 minutes walk from the pedestrian city centre and 15 minutes by tramway to the main business area.
Spacious room with spacious bathroom and two balconies - clean, totally quiet and very comfortable. The only slighlty negative point is that TV is in German only.
Buffet breakfast was excellent and there is a terrace for al fresco breakfast too (lovely).
I think the hotel is excellent value for money and I can totally recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2010

I stayed there with my brother when we went on work. Villa Orange has lovely rooms and the one we stayed in E02 had a great view of the street. Room is spacious, bathroom is a true delight (though we were wondering why two wash basins are fitted there!). The shower cubicle is great and the wireless internet works well- complimentary. Breakfast is terrific and the building is located in a quite residential neighborhood. There is a small supermarket close by and the train stop is couple of minutes away. I will recommend this place to anyone going to Frankfurt/Main on work or holidaying. Staff are friendly, warm and you feel at home.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 May 2010

I chose Villa Orange for a one night stay in Frankfurt and was expecting a different kind of service to what the numerous business hotels of this city have to offer. The disappointment started with my arrival: although I had reserved a parking space, the car park in the back yard of the hotel was already full, and when one of the two receptionists on duty came out he asked, without any greeting or 'can I help you?', he just barked from above: 'are you Mister x? Did you book a parking space?' I was then asked to come in with my luggage (it didn't occur to him that he might offer to carry one of my bags) and so on... I was then ordered to park my hire car in an underground car park around the corner and even though there were three empty lots I had been strongly advised to squeeze into the narrowest and least accessible. Well, I didn't want to take a risk with the (rather large) hire car and chose a different space, and when I got back the next morning the other two spaces were still empty. So what was all the fuss about?
The room itself was adequate, the bathroom rather nice but the shower was blocked so that I had to turn the water off half way through my shower. The floor in the room had not been hoovered, there was fluff and a rubber band under the bed.
Furthermore, I couldn't work out what it was that made Villa Orange call itself an 'eco' hotel, and I still have no idea. It shouldn't mean blocked drains, dirty floors and arrogant staff.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank Fotobear
Reviewed 10 May 2010

Great price to value. It has a very good location at least for my needs (one metro stop from downtown). Staff is friendly, breakfast is good, price is fine, rooms are quiet and nice. The only issue is how to find it :) you need to have GPS.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2008

We stayed at the hotel for one night after arriving in Frankfurt and enjoyed our time there. The folks at the reception we very helpful, and the room was immaculate. The hotel is a little further out than others we could have chosen, but it is a quick and easy walk from the sights and still has a nice neighborhood feel. Also, breakfast was tasty in the morning and close, secure parking. In addition, they offer free wireless internet - a definite perk. Very nice overall!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Grammis-Hammer
Reviewed 11 July 2008

Very pleasant stay on a one-day stopover in Frankfurt. The hotel is located in a calm residential area (construction mentioned in a previous review is now finished). The hotel is a short walk to the U5 tram line, but we like walking and found the walk to the central business district was only about 15 minutes.

Very comfortable room and bed, and a greeat bath. Copious breakfast buffet.

We would definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled on business