“Fantastic (Grossartig)!”
Review of Villa Orange

Villa Orange
Ranked #83 of 271 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 19 November 2011

I've been in German hotels many times and this might be my favorite. First off, it's on an absolutely beautiful, quiet little square and you're really off away from the noise and commotion of the city. Yet all of that and more is just minutes away by SBahn and UBahn. The hotel itself is warmly, beautifully contemporary, with a two-room library and a gorgeous little breakfast/lunch room where they do literary soirees. The decor is orange in details, though the bath has midnight blue tile and a red granite counter: a delightful surprise. The bathroom is spacious and has plenty of place to lay out your "stuff" and there is more than enough light there and throughout the room which was so inviting, I felt lucky to have been booked at Villa Orange. The layout made it feel something like a small suite, and I grinned when I opened the door, always a good sign. Last year in Frankfurt I stayed at the Steigenberger Hof which is luxe, but frankly I prefer this hotel as it's more intimate without feeling cramped. Kai at Rezeption was terrific as I could not get the WLAN (wifi) to work with my iPad and he was patient, helpful, and resourceful (he said Apple products were more finicky with their system). It's the kind of hotel that's so cool you're sorry you won't be staying there longer. Breakfast was heart and delicious and I was assured I could eat early because of having ordered a taxi for when breakfast started. As a tourist, I would happily return, and as an author who has read all over Germany (http://www.levraphael.com), I would love to do a reading there!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank LevRaphael

Reviewed 27 October 2011

I have stayed here four times now, and it offers a friendly welcome, comfortable and clean rooms and brilliant value for money. Location is excellent as it's two minutes from the tram, five minutes from U and S-bahn and ten minutes to the main shopping street. The front desk team kindly held packages for me, and faxed documents. I shall look no further when looking for accommodation again in Frankfurt.

Room Tip: I normally request the top floor
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank HeskimoUK
Reviewed 5 October 2011

I stay in this small hotel at least 3 to 4 times a year. The rooms are very clean, quiet and very smartly appointed.
The staff is very friendly and always willing to help.

Room Tip: Ask a room with bigger bed. Most have twin size beds.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Bhardas
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I travel a lot. I booked this hotel for a week as I was attending a conference. What do I expect? Cleanliness and service. On the first, no complaints. This is Germany, after all. Service? The guy at the desk was useless. He could not help me get to my conference and, when he suggested a route using the tram, it was easier to take the bus (a colleague informed me of the route). The room was fine. I had a terrace and the palce was quite. The breakfast was ok. A little capuccino would have beat the coffee they served. Newspapers galore! FT Weekend on saturday. Classy. If you are on a budget, this place is worth considering. It was worth what I paid (about 120 euros a night for 6 nights)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank dpatters
Reviewed 30 June 2011

Villa Orange is a modern boutique hotel focusing on the business traveller. If that's what you are, you'll likely enjoy the place. I visited the hotel with my family (including 2 young children). I found the staff universally unfriendly and the rooms very small, even for a European botique hotel. We stayed in the largest room and found it difficult to make room for the (inappropriately small) children's cot sent up by the hotel. So if you're a single business traveller looking for a bed, this is probably a good hotel. If you're traveling with your family, or like a hotel with a friendly atmosphere, I'd look elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Sbp44881
Reviewed 21 April 2011

Villa Orange is located in a residential area, within easy walking distance of downtown (approx. 15 minutes). Our room was spotless and very comfortable, and the bathroom was a dream -- claw-footed tub AND a roomy shower stall. The breakfast buffet was lovely, and completely organic -- fresh bread & rolls, cold cuts & cheese, fruit salad, muesli, yogurt, soft-boiled eggs, etc. Another plus is that the hotel is completely non-smoking. Last, but not least, Villa Orange also offers free wifi -- you just have to ask for the code at the front desk.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank kts66
Reviewed 27 June 2010

Stayed at Villa Orange for 2 nights in June as I was attending a seminar in the city. It is a very nice and welcoming hotel, with friendly staff and an informal atmosphere that I found absolutely great compared to your standard business hotel.
Location is great in a very quiet residential area 10 minutes walk from the pedestrian city centre and 15 minutes by tramway to the main business area.
Spacious room with spacious bathroom and two balconies - clean, totally quiet and very comfortable. The only slighlty negative point is that TV is in German only.
Buffet breakfast was excellent and there is a terrace for al fresco breakfast too (lovely).
I think the hotel is excellent value for money and I can totally recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business