This is the typical hotel that gets away with lots of things just because it is well located to both, the bar district of Sachsenhausen and, more importantly, the Frankfurt trade show ground. There is nearly always a big international fair in town, so the hotel is fully booked for most of the year. In my opinion this is the reason why they feel they don´t have to run the extra mile.
Things I like:
- 5 mins walk to tram stop and 8 mins walk to S-Bahn to the fair ground
- lots of bars, restaurants, convenience shops in the area which is also very safe at night time
- nice breakfast room with good typical cold German breakfast, apparently the restaurant is very good but have never tried it
- overall very clean
- small but functional bathroom, good water pressure and heat though the shower head must be the cheapest they could find
- very friendly and helpful staff
Things I don´t like
- virtually no sound insulation, you can hear everything from next door and the floor you are on
- very basic, dated furniture, not enough coat hangers and storing space especially since most guests come for a trade show with lots of business clothes
- flimsy towels and bedsheets, unusual for Germany where you find a cuddly duvet even in the most basic hotels;
- most annoying: internet costs 12.50 Euros per day, apparently they are in some long-term contract, quite a lame excuse in my opinion
Overall one gets the feeling the hotel tries to get the most money they can from business travellers. I will go back there for shows but will start looking for alternatives.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Maingau Hotel with its restaurant "Döpfner's im Maingau" wants to be your home abroad, making your stay as agreeable as possible, no matter whether you are on a business trip or on a privat holiday in Frankfurt.The 78 rooms with their modern style ambiance are all equipped with direct dial telephone, mini bar, satellite TV, internet access (W-LAN), bath or shower facilities, hairdryer and a working desk.The hotel has been managed by the owner’s family for over 60 years now. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Maingau Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maingau Hotel Catering