Hotel Liebig
Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel(Frankfurt)(Great Value!)
US$197
Villa Kennedy(Frankfurt)
US$332
US$311
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 August 2012

This is the 2nd time I've stayed here. It's a quaint little hotel within walking distance from the train station and the shopping area. The reception was very nice and efficient. The hotel and rooms were a little old, like most European hotels, but very comfortable. I chose the single room with the shared bathroom and shower, since I don't stay in the room much. It's sufficient for me.

This trip, they gave me room 115, with 2 twin beds and it's own bathroom (upgraded). It was nice and quiet since it wasn't facing any of the streets.

I'd stay again. Probably next year.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 January 2012

I have had the great misfortune of being very disappointed with this hotel more than once. Living in Frankfurt i once suggested a friend to stay here as it is close to my home. My friends cancelled one of their two night stays but over 24 hrs before arrival. They were welcomed at the reception by the owner who rudely noted his wife and not he had accepted their cancellation of the first night and so they would be charged. Furthermore he put the couple in a dingy room on the 4th floor where the rooms have not been touched up in c. 20 years (also note: the hotel has no elevator) and to add insult to injury charged them Eur 175 for the pleasure + the 'no-show' cancellation charge. After this terrible embarrassment I probably should never have suggested the hotel again but as it is conveniently located to our flat for our sons Christening we considered using the hotel once again. However 3 weeks before we reconsidered do to a change of plans and cancelled our rooms. To our shock the owner charged us Eur 1600 for the collective room nights we did not use. This is having given 3 week notice of cancellation!! When we refused he sent his lawyers after us. If you must stay at this miserably over-priced over-rated place make sure you have documentation that they will accept cancellation for if not and for whatever reason you must cancel expect to be charged and charged dearly.

Room Tip: Dont accept a room higher than the 2nd floor. The dingy dungeons have not been upgraded for at least 20-years and you'll have the pleasure of carrying your luggage to these miserable rooms as the service is limited and there are no elevators.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank Laurence B
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Hotel Liebig

A nice hotel located in the suburbs of Frankfurt very near the University and surrounded by numerous restaurants. It is a family hotel with Italian owners. They are very friendly and make you feel welcome.
In my room on the first floor there was a very good powerful shower. However, as another reviewer commented, the shower has a very narrow entry which will make it very difficult for anyone with a waist greater than 40 inches to enter. I have a 40 inch waist and could only just get in and out!
The tv worked only for 2 of my 5 days there. I did not complain as I was watching The BBC iPlayer. The wifi was not free 5 Euro per day. However, the wifi at the hotel was not great. I could not place video calls to my wife. Also to download a 50 min iPlayer program took about 40 mins at home. At the hotel it took at least 5 hours and sometimes the download was not completed overnight! I mentioned that the wifi was not great and the owner reduced the charge from 25 to 10 euro.
They serve a good German breakfast with meat, cheese and bread. However you can get cornflakes, yogurt, scrambled egg and toast. They do not serve evening meals. Another reviewer said they gave him a sandwich when he arrived in the evening. However, they would not make me a sandwich on my last evening.
I was in Frankfurt for a conference at the University and it was very hot and humid. The airconditioning in my room was excellent and I was envied by my colleagues who either did not have airconditioning or their airconditioning was not very good.
The hotel was expensive and so you might expect some of the minor problems to be sorted.
However, I enjoyed my stay at the hotel Liebig and would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank JonathanIreland
Reviewed 9 December 2007

As another reviewer said before me, the rooms are dingy and clearly not worth the money. The 80s furnishing is boring and - what is worse - the website of the hotel proudly displays photos of really nice rooms, but none of the other tourists at the hotel (the tourists that I had a chance to speak to) had even caught a glimpse of those "mythical" (by now) rooms that looked so chic on the hotel website! That was very confusing, to say the least...
The room I stayed in was fairly clean. Some members of the staff were nice, friendly, helpful and efficient, but others just couldn't figure out how to deal with some issues that demanded their attention. That was pretty sad as well as annoying. Nonetheless, breakfast was really good.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 19 May 2006

Not too impressed - maybe the rooms upstairs were better but my room was old and dingy.
It cost me €185 a night and the furnishing was worth a lot less than that. There was no view and noise from the restaurant next door. The people seemed fiendly enougth but would not change my room without charging me extra. The location was good however in a nice area.

• Stayed: May 2006, travelled on business