Hotel Liebig
  • Pool
Hotel Silvana(Frankfurt)
The Suite Hotel(Frankfurt)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 September 2013

A local friend recommended this for us, to stay for 4 nights prior to a professional meeting. We loved it! rooms with 12 foot ceilings, all renovated and decorated in very tasteful Euro/Italian decor--the kind of place I wished my own house looked like. Our first room was, admittedly, very small and the shower especially so--so if you don't like small, ask for a larger room. We switched to room 22, which had a sitting room plus bedroom for the last two nights. It was heaven. Breakfast does cost extra, by the way, which was unexpected. Location fantastic--you can walk to the happening pedestrian shopping and eating area that starts at the Alte Opera and the old town area (be sure to visit Kleinmarket). Also can walk to Palmengarten (very lovely); U-bahn is conveniently located.

Room Tip: Ask about the various room sizes before booking, if this is something you feel strongly about.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MartinaB_11
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I was in Frankfurt a week ago for a job interview day and this was the first suggestion on my GPS. Due to the fact that it was the holiday season they had available single rooms starting @ 105 Euro. I found it a bit overpriced, but nevertheless decided to give it a go. The hotel is in a nice quiet, cozy location, 10 minutes away from the Opera,University,Malls etc. On the downside there are no parking spots for guests, so if you got a car, chances are you may get into trouble with the local traffic wardens. Wi-fi costs 5 Euro / day,which is a bit overpriced, and you can only use it on 1 device. As a computer geek I found that quite disappointing. Breakfast costs 16 Euro. Other then that, the rooms are quite alright. There's also a nice view from the balcony towards the center of the city. Very nice bathroom & good air conditioning.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2013

The Hotel Liebig is a nice, cozy and well located boutique hotel in a residential area of Frankfurt. It is a very pleasant 10-15 walk to Bockenheimer Strasse (Street) which is the greatest place to shop in the city. The hotel is also a 5 minute walk from the local Jewish Community Centre which welcomes all visitors to their daily services and Sabbath services. The hotel has a great breakfast which is very convenient but a bit on the pricey side. The Rondoni family are extremely welcoming and helpful in any way imaginable. The rooms are a bit small - welcome to Europe. It costs about €40 from the airport to the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Jeff G
Reviewed 10 August 2012

This is the 2nd time I've stayed here. It's a quaint little hotel within walking distance from the train station and the shopping area. The reception was very nice and efficient. The hotel and rooms were a little old, like most European hotels, but very comfortable. I chose the single room with the shared bathroom and shower, since I don't stay in the room much. It's sufficient for me.

This trip, they gave me room 115, with 2 twin beds and it's own bathroom (upgraded). It was nice and quiet since it wasn't facing any of the streets.

I'd stay again. Probably next year.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 January 2012

I have had the great misfortune of being very disappointed with this hotel more than once. Living in Frankfurt i once suggested a friend to stay here as it is close to my home. My friends cancelled one of their two night stays but over 24 hrs before arrival. They were welcomed at the reception by the owner who rudely noted his wife and not he had accepted their cancellation of the first night and so they would be charged. Furthermore he put the couple in a dingy room on the 4th floor where the rooms have not been touched up in c. 20 years (also note: the hotel has no elevator) and to add insult to injury charged them Eur 175 for the pleasure + the 'no-show' cancellation charge. After this terrible embarrassment I probably should never have suggested the hotel again but as it is conveniently located to our flat for our sons Christening we considered using the hotel once again. However 3 weeks before we reconsidered do to a change of plans and cancelled our rooms. To our shock the owner charged us Eur 1600 for the collective room nights we did not use. This is having given 3 week notice of cancellation!! When we refused he sent his lawyers after us. If you must stay at this miserably over-priced over-rated place make sure you have documentation that they will accept cancellation for if not and for whatever reason you must cancel expect to be charged and charged dearly.

Room Tip: Dont accept a room higher than the 2nd floor. The dingy dungeons have not been upgraded for at least 20-years and you'll have the pleasure of carrying your luggage to these miserable rooms as the service is limited and there are no elevators.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends