City Hotel Mercator
  • Fitness centre
EXPO Hotel(Frankfurt)
Hotel Zeil(Frankfurt)
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 July 2013

This is the third time we've stayed at the Mercator but it may well be the last. Good things: the location is great, the rooms are good value for money and it's very convenient for our needs when visiting Frankfurt. This may not be enough to make us return a fourth time, though. While the guy in the evening shift was helpful and pleasant to deal with, the woman taking care of the morning shift is in dire need of some hospitality and customer service training. The least that can be expected from someone working the front desk is a welcoming attitude and a will to help customers. Not this woman. Her manners and attitude were a nightmare, going from apathetic to easily frustrated to downright rude. After travelling all around the world and staying in all manner of places, ranging from budget hostels to 5-star palaces, this is the first time we may not be returning somewhere solely due to the behaviour of one member of the staff.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Adharita
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I am always traveling on a budget. This hotel was a little distance from the city center but the room was ok and the price was reasonable. The breakfast was good and wifi worked. It was clean and I would consider staying there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank YodaGuy
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. Arrived on Sunday afternoon around 17.30., booked this hotel via a web site and requested a non smoking quiet room. Before being given my room key I was asked to pay ( most hotels I've stayed in take payment when checking out) I thought it was a bit strange,however I payed the extortionate bill €270 !!! and then was given my room key,(room 503) the lift took me to the 4th floor and you then have to walk up to the 5th floor, when I opened the door I was greeted by a smell of old stale smoke and dampness! I immediately went back to the reception and was then given room 506, this smelt better,however,as the 5th floor is literally in the roof the small bath had a shower head fitted about 3 feet above it, totally impossible to shower. When I mentioned this to the receptionist I was told that the rooms are allocated on a first come first served bases and there were no other rooms available. Had an extremely uncomfortable nights sleep, the bed and thin duvet were both poor quality and the only window was a sky light didn't have any way of blocking the light of the full moon, so the room was completely lit up. The second night I stayed it rained,I knew this because I was woken by the sound of dripping water, I couldn't believe what I saw, the spare bed had a ring of water that was a result of the sky light window leaking! When gave my room key back I once again stated that I was unhappy with the room and that there was a leak, complete silence was all I got. This should be classed as a hostel rather than hotel and how it has achieved a 3 star rating is beyond belief!!!! I could list more bad point about this place but I'm sure you've got the message by now .....AVOID!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank WindsorGouldy
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I visited the Mercator in order to visit relatives and go to the Frankfurt Christmas Market. The location was ideal as it was only a 5 minute walk to the main shopping area and markets. It is a basic hotel providing good value for money in Frankfurt. The rooms could do with an upgrade but at the price paid it is ok if a bit on the small side. It has all the facilities required for a short stay. Breakfast was included in the price and there was a reasonable selection provided.The staff were very friendly and helpful. In a city where hotel prices can be high the Mercator was reasonably priced and good value for money

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Gordon1309
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Close to shopping area and central Frankfurt. Easy to find but nearest S+U Bhan konstablewerch has many exits, head for the C&A and walk past the walden hotel and the mercator is easy to find. Put average for room because I think it could do with painting and decorating, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family