“Great for an overnight”

Ranked #50 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Vancouver
“Great for an overnight”
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Clean, modern hotel with few frills. Stayed overnight on a layover.

I liked the design of the hotel, the room was clean and modern. Bed was comfortable but the pillows are terrible - too big to be comfortable. The hotel is right next to the airport but the sound proofing was great and they had heavy curtains to keep out the light. A couple of nice touches with universal plug sockets and an iPod dock.

I had a shocking time getting checked in, but I'll put this down to teething problems with the reservation system. It seemed like everyone in front of me had problems with their reservation but mine worked fine. 10:00 check-out time was a little early for me, but typical for a budget hotel.

If you do opt to stay, the shuttle leaves from outside terminal 2 every half hour.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank matleye

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Recife, PE
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I was not willing to stay in this hotel because the reviews but due a last minute change in my plans I decided to give a shot. And then since I got a deal in booking.com with a rate 10 euros lower than in the hotel website, why not?
But now I'm glad I did it.
I got the "Double Room for Single Use". It was spotless clean and spacious. Besides the fact the hotel is close of the one of busiest airports in the world the sound isolation proved itself efficient.
Nice shower with plenty of hot water. Very comfortable bed.
Airport hotels are used to be all gloom with people wandering around like zombies but in this hotel at least the building and staff seems funky and happy. The hotel bar has very reasonable prices for beer and long drinks. I didn't eat there but looks like they have a selection of pizzas and sandwiches.
Free wifi on the lobby and paid on the rooms. I used only on the lobby and it worked fine with the username and password I received upon check in.
Be aware that the hotel shuttle departs from terminal 2 (exit 8) instead terminal 1 like many other hotels. So if you are in terminal 1 you need to take the skyrail to terminal 2 and wait there. It is free from airport to hotel but costs 3 euros from the hotel to airport. Also you need to make a reservation in the hotel desk since the van accommodates only 8 people. The receptionist will ask you if a shuttle is needed while you check in.

Since I live in Brazil, every place outside south america are at least several hours flight. Because of this I'm big fan of layovers and definitely this hotel will become my "layover base" when flying to Europe thought Frankfurt. Also I would recommend to friends.

Room Tip: I got a 3rd floor room. It was quiet and nice.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank raulds
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Price in line with standard, simple and efficient. Other airport hotels were far more expensive. Room was small (501) with three beds. Beds firm but comfortable. The pillows were horrible, could not be used. As the information we got from the hotel desk in the terminal was wrong: this is what applies. The hotel has free pickup at both Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. Going from the hotel costs €3 pp and, again, the shuttle stops at both Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. If you want anything but pizza, eat before you go to the hotel. More like a pub/bar in the lobby. Breakfast was fair and should satisfy everyone but the most demanding. The "hot" part consisted of "Frankfurters", what else! The price for breakfast on our reservation was €6.50 pp.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Love_2_travel_65_63
San Diego, California
Reviewed 12 May 2012

We got a great rate for a one night stay through Tripadvisor, specially compared to other airpot hotels.
The hotel is new, so new in fact that the GPS would not locate it. We were lucky enough to find their shuttle and follow it to the hotel. We got there 10 min before check in, and they said if we checked in we would be charged another 20 EUR. What? It didn't make sense, but I guess rules are rules, so we just waited... The hotel has a different, more modern feeling, no frills, no non-sense. Their PAN AM theme through out is nostalgic but also hip.
We got two rooms for our family of four, adjacent but not connected. It worked well for us because our kids are older, we enjoyed it as much as they did. We were at a high floor and the windows do open wide, be warned if you have little ones with you. From our room the view of the city was beautiful at night!
The room was very nice, modern, in simple lines with dark painted walls, wooden floors, and hanging lights. Hanging areas by the door/bathroom door made it easier to quickly access coats, purses, etc. The bed was very comfortable, and we had plenty of space, including a sofa. Very nice bathroom as well.
At night we went down to the lobby bar which was very busy, something we don't see at many hotels. The crowd seemed to be a mix of younger group of friends, and businessmen. The atmosphere was very relaxed, most people walking around, using the pool table, ordering food, enjoying their drinks. We had a good time, good service, but terrible food. I believe it all goes from a freezer to a microwave, but for what they charge they should be ashamed of it. We did step into the communal kitchen looking for ice cubes( didn't find it there), and though the idea was brilliant! There was also a washer and dryer, which would be very handy for many.
They offer a shuttle to the terminal, but you have to sign up for it, and pay 3 EUR / person. The van carries 8, if you're worried sign up in advance to save your spot.
Overall our stay was very nice... until the end. As we were leaving our room I dropped papers on the floor, and while picking them up I came across the most discussing hair and dust ball right under my bed! When I walked barefoot the night before the floors felt strange, I had not idea they were just dirty! Yuck! The young woman that checked us out was less than interested on my comments. I only wish I had taken a picture of what was "hiding" in the nice looking room.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 1 May 2012

the hotel is very close to terminal 2 in frankfurt airport , and have a good shuttle service ! pick up is free , drop off is 3 euros ! ? , but thats all for the good things , rooms are so small that you think there is not enough air to breath, if you are hungry than you can eat something which you buy in lobby but it looks like it just come out of a machine , bathroom !!! if you have more kg than 75 or if you have xl size it will be very difficult to go to wc
have to open the door to give one leg out and on the other side you give your 2nd leg in the shower cabin , than it can be!!!
price was also strange , after all i payed for 1 night 146 euro (room,drop off,garage ect)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank markus20er
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Stayed here for a night, mainly to catch a flight the next morning. The check-in was complicated - they were very fuzzy about the paper work. Rooms are cramped - but then, you only stay here for stop over. They charge EUR9.50 for breakfast, not worth it, considering the limited spread. They charge EUR12 for parking can in their garage. Though the staff speaks reasonably good english, they are not very friendly.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Nice location if you have early morning flights. Free shuttle (if you have collected token from reception) to airport connects you to the main city. From airport you can get metro, bus, taxi to get in the city. This hostel is close to airport not city centre. Nice clean tidy rooms but absence of kitchen does not give complete hostel experience. Nice bar area and staff at the reception are too busy in their apple desktop monitor and if you get a smile from anyone then thats your lucky day!

Room Tip: Get your free airport suttle token or shell out 3 euros per trip.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo