MEININGER Hotel Frankfurt/Main Airport
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
Great 4.5/5
  • Restaurant
All reviewsguest kitchenone nightshuttle servicefree shuttleshuttle ridean early flightdouble bedrooms are smallovernight staynext morningbetween flightsthe hotel offersrental carbeds were comfortablenight's sleepshort stayclean hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 May 2013

The price and convenience for an evening stopover at the airport are excellent. Sixty euros including the return shuttle for two. Their website is accurate in all details. Friendly checking staff and a small bar, snack service. Think Ibis and you will have an idea. No frills but convenient. Don't consider walking to the hotel. Walk outside D/E door 8, and walk straight across to the centre of the two exit roads. The minibus is navy with the hotel name on it and it arrives every 30 minutes. The outward journey is free. Book your return at check in, particularly for an early morning departure. And be on time, because the bus will be. Half hour departures from 0500.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KevanGoodworth
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I've looked for a cheap room near the airport, so that I can arrive with a train in the evening before my early flight to Boston the next day.

I found the hotel via hrs.de and booked one night for €45 (saver deal) at hrs, because the price on the hotel website was €55. A few days later the hotel credited my VISA card with the right amount of €45 and a second position with €94. First I claimed that issue by hrs, but were told, that only Meininger can reverse the wrong position. So I looked for a telephone number on their website and only found a contact formular, which I filled out correctly. Nobody answered to that.

Weeks later there was my booked night at the hotel. I used the frequent shuttle service, the way to the hotel is free, airport-bound they charge €3 per person. The hotel is in walking reach of terminal 2, but you have to walk >15 minutes with baggage, I guess.

It's a cheap, modern and tidy airport hotel, but nothing more. The rooms are small, my window overlook a large construction area, there is nothing to go around the hotel except the airport.

At the check in I was told, that it's better to solve my billing problem with the email hotline, so I didn't do more than agree to that. I was on my holidays and didn't like to start with conflicts.

2 weeks later I mailed my claim to their email hotline and got a reply from Mr Takahashi, he will check the references and will reply to me asap. That is now 5 weeks ago, I didn't got any reply.

A request 2 weeks later wasn't any advantage.

2 further weeks later I called the Berlin landline number in their impressum and got a kind member of staff on the line, who is willing to check everything. But his system was terrible slow, so he promised to check everything after hanging up and will send an email reply to me on the same day. "Big promise!"

So, guess what? Right, nobody answered, and nobody booked my money back. So I paid €135 for their tiny room. At the near Motel One, Hotel B&B and Ibis hotels I would have gotten a room for ~€50 and the price of a short taxi ride. Ahame on Meininger, this was my first and at all hazards last night I spent at their hotels.

Room Tip: Don't book a room online, they can't bill right and book more than the triple from your credit card. If it is the last free hotel room in Frankfurt or Rhein-Main-Area go to their reception and pay cash, otherwise use any other hotel chain in the near distance and accept the short taxi ride, thats much more convenient than brachiate through Meininger's worse customer care!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank m83fd
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Totally recommend this as a place to say for many reasons:
-walking distance to airport terminal (might be a challenge with luggage)
-very helpful shuttle to airport if needed
-consistently professional & friendly staff @ front desk
-spotless room & bathroom
-BEST shower (water pressure) ever experienced-better than my home
-economical
-free wi-fi
-amazingly quiet in room given the highway nearby
-was able to get into town for a nice dinner via 2 trains - nice little adventure-staff helped with directions
-nice strong coffee available early in lobby cafe first thing in the AM
-modern decor & fixtures

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Stayed over for 2 nights at the Meininger hotel by Frankfurt airport, although we were there for an event at the Messe but that Meininger airport one was at a better rate. Modern, colourful, young trendy type of hotel with helpful enough staff. Vending machines, pool table, bar with snacks and drinks...all at the reception area. Nice breakfast area with a good selection of cheese, boiled eggs, cold meat, cereals, milk, cakes, etc.

Our room was on the top floor, quite nice with twin beds, a small flat screen TV, a desk, a couch, an extra chair and even an iPod stand for music. I also liked the 3 hooks to the wall to hang our coats. (I've been in other very nice-looking expensive hotels in the past with no such practicality). The bathroom was very clean with a good modern shower. Unfortunately, we both found the pillows really uncomfortable: way too high, hard and thick to the point of giving us neck ache! When mentioning at the reception, they let us know that they were aware of it as they received previous complaints and intend to eventually change them.

Parking at the hotel is 12 euros per day in a parking lot right outside. Conveniently located by the airport if you need to catch a flight, or even just to access the train station (like we did) to reach the city centre. Barely 10 minutes walk (with no luggage) otherwise you can take the shuttle bus (free from the airport but with a fee from the hotel to the airport).

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Agnès L
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Clean, fresh, bright and airy - this hotel is apparently quite new and is decorated with tasteful colourful decor. The rooms are compact but fine for a brief stopover. The shuttle service to and from the airport runs to time however there is a cost for the shuttle going back to the airport. The best way of getting into the city is to get the shuttle to the airport and get a train from there. Even though the hotel is close to the airport it is very quiet. There is a guest kitchen with washing machine and dryer. Help-yourself breakfast was extra but catered for a range of tastes and was good value. Service at the hotel is reasonably basic, perhaps because the staff are new and still feeling their way and are yet to develop the professionalism of the more established hotels. Overall however I was happy with the service and accommodation - very clean and good value for money. I would be happy to recommend for those looking for quality budget accommodation close to the airport and would be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends