“Great hotel”
Review of Luxor Hotel

Luxor Hotel
Ranked #245 of 271 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 15 August 2012 via mobile

I honestly enjoyed everything about this hotel! The service was amazing and the rooms were clean. The price did not kill my wallet either. People who think highly of themselves will give this hotel a bad review, but for a Student on a budget ... I was impressed! I had a great stay here and I would definitely recommend it to backpackers or regular folks. No complaints from this end, I would go back anytime!

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Frenchmonkeys

Reviewed 24 January 2012

As per the title, we stayed there in Jan this year (2012) on the bottom floor. Cigar smoke as you walked into the reception area from the quite nice mannered man behind the counter. Our room had some sort of splatter on the bed head (of human origin), socks on the floor, beanies etc in bedside tables from previous customers, dried blood on the bedside table, old food mushed into the carpet, holes in the sheets (I assumed they were wear holes from not being changed), broken tiles throughout the bathroom. The glass to our window was smashed and looked like it had been for a while. The curtains were a bit of lace and two bits of material that only covered about half the width of the window, so if someone stood outside your room, they had a nice view.
The towels in the bathroom were more like odd tea towels than bath towels and you needed two or three to dry yourself.
We got back to the hotel at 5:00pm and our room hadn't been made up, ten minutes later a nice lady comes to make up room, we decide to go have dinner so she can make it up, we get to the front door of the hotel(about 15meters away) and I'd forgotten my hat, so I go back to our room and the lady was already in the next room and I say "have you finished? and she replied yes all done". Throwing the dooner back on the bed, removing the rubbish out of the bin in the bathroom and giving us new tea towels, must have covered making up our room. She hadn't vaccumed it and didn't remove all the rubbish from our room.
There were two bags of rubbish outside the room next to ours and they were still sitting they two days later when we checked out of the hotel.
The breakfast area was full of chipped and broken crockery, it looked like they'd bought the crockery from a secondhand store, nothing matched, the plates were the saucers from some tea set. The only thing I could bring myself or family to eat was toast because, I thought at least we couldn't get food poisoning from that.
Honestly, if this hotel was in Australia, it would get closed by the health department or local council.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Geoff C
Reviewed 22 January 2012

We (6 people in 3 rooms) stayed there in January 2012 for 3 nights. I would say that we were pleasantly surprised overall. Yes, the reception area was full of cigar smoke; especially on evening it was stinging a lot. However our rooms on second floor had no smell what so ever!
The bed sheets were clean. The towels were changed every day. The stuff friendly. Breakfast just fine - adequate the price. Location perfect, especially for those who are doing a lot of shopping on Zeil. So taking in consideration the price, it is good deal! I couldn't ask more.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank BirutaRiga
Reviewed 17 December 2011

The smell of smoking was disgusting. The carpets were stained as well as the sides of the bed and the lamp covers. The smell remains on your clothes. Hotel definately needs to be redecorated. The lounge and the reception was very smokey, members of the staff were smoking behind the desk... Not worth of money.

Good location.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank MaryHannah
Reviewed 8 December 2011

I have just returned from spending 3 nights at this hotel and found them really friendly and helpful. Yes the rooms are in need of a fresh coat of paint but our room was warm, comfortable and clean and nothing was too much bother for any of the staff we met. We arrived at 1am with a hotel voucher for the wrong dates, we seemed to be 3 days early, and were welcomed and shown directly to our room by the night porter who said he would talk to the manager in the morning he was really understanding as well. The breakfast was ok bread cooked meats cheese cereals coffee and fruit juice all plentiful and clean in fact our room was very clean as well. the only negative was the bed linen it the duvet cover and pillowcase were towelling but that is personal preferance as it was freshly laundered. One big plus point for me as i use a mobility scooter was the tram stop which was right outside the hotel and ran frequently until about 1am. all in all i would certainly use this hotel again as value for money it was really good, we paid £100 for 2 people for 3 nights B&B for a city hotel 2 stops from the main christmas market.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 December 2011

We spent only one night here after visiting London and Paris. The worst hotel my husband and I have ever stayed at. Smoky reception area, hallways, rooms, etc. Extremely old decor, linens, etc. Dirty carpets. Used shampoo packets left in bathroom. We ended up sleeping on our coats, and checked out as soon as possible in the morning.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Tracy C
Reviewed 29 September 2011

just returned from frankfurt.room had dirty carpets,broken cane furniture.very rude staff.only plus point was the location.will never stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family