“Great value and location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Novum Hotel Continental Frankfurt

Novum Hotel Continental Frankfurt
Ranked #138 of 267 Hotels in Frankfurt
Whitehorse, Canada
“Great value and location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

We had a 2 night layover in Frankfurt and chose this hotel for its affordable price and convenient location. It's right across from the main train station so it was very to get around Frankfurt from our doorstep.

The room was very spacious and although it was older it was clean and in good shape. The bed was very comfortable. There was renovations happening on our floor but we never heard it from our room. Also, as long as we had the windows closed we heard almost no street noise.

We had the buffet breakfast once and it was amazing! I have lots of allergies so buffets can be hard to eat at but I had plenty of options to choose from.

Check out was quick and easy and the gentleman behind the desk was extremely polite and helpful; he even printed off our boarding passes for us!

Would definitely recommend and stay at this hotel again!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nikki S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

A change from my usual hotel in Frankfurt, First impression was favourable. You can see the hotel when exiting hauptbahnhof and once you find out which exit from the station is the best one to use access is really easy.

I arrived early in the morning expecting to be offererd a baggage drop until check in time but they actually had a room available that I was allocated at no extra cost.

The room was small but adequate it did however have one or two issues. The shower room was bijou. It was impossible to sit on the toilet without squeezing up against a radiator. Fortunately the radiator wasn't on during my visit or certainly would have had a roasted thigh.
The shower was a glass cubicle, nicely tiled and spottlesslessly clean however when opening the glass doors of the cubicle one of them hits the wash basin. I tried to open them very carefully but was ready for the horror of being naked in a room full of broken glass everytime i got out of the shower. Fortunately this didn't happen to me, but it will do to someone.

No tea or coffee facilaties were in the room. Both are in constant supply in reception but not much use when you are on the 6th floor!

The room did have a minibar but its empty so in effect there is a fridge in the room.

Ther is no aircon. I slept with window open which obviously let in the city noise. I enjoy the noise so it wasn't an issue for me and the double glazing does block the noise but obviously its a choice of ventilation or noise.

Breakfast was served from 6.30 good if you have a morning schedule to keep. It was a good selection if not particullarly well laid out of everything you would expect of a continental breakfast.
There was also a limited cooked option of scrambled eggs, sausage, and bakedbeans. Then if you look right at the opposite end of the buffet you will find hot hard boiled eggs.

The staff on the hotel reception were all helpful and pleasant. Only one lift and I was on top floor however i never had an excessive wait for the lift.

I have already booked this hotel for my next stay in Frankfurt. Having stayed there now I shall not be cancelling my reservation because even accounting for the issues i have described this hotel does offer an excellent location for access to Frankfurt transport system and if it is prebooked through one of the hotel finding sites is exceptional value for money.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank scagway
Sao Carlos, SP
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

Apesar da ótima localização com relação à locomoção em Frankfurt, uma vez que está situado em frente à Hauptbanhof, dentro do hotel estava muito quente, as janelas estavam com defeito e, talvez o pior, os funcionários eram muito muito muito rudes. Eu não recomendo.

(Despite the great location in relation to locomotion in Frankfurt, as it is just opposite Hauptbanhof, inside the hotel was very warm, the windows were defective and, perhaps worse, the staff were very very very rude. I do not recommend.)

Room Tip: Há outros hotéis nas proximidades. (There are other hotels nearby.)
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Frankfurt hotels

Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

As you would expect the Hotel delivers for service and comfort. I was on business so do expect everything to work efficiently which it did. Hotel internet was complimentary (as it should be), high speed and very reliable. The room log in also worked in the public areas and conference rooms which was helpful.
Only complaint was the room heating which was too hot with no obvious way to turn it down.
Overall a good stay.

Stayed January 2014
Ankara, Turkey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

The positives about the hotel: Location, free and well functioning wi-fi, comfortable bed, clear room, kind personnel, reasonable prices, good heating system.
But; although I am not a guy who is affected by noise but the noise level was too much even for me. There are two factors contributing to the high level of noise; the noise isolation of the hotel is bad and the noise created around the neighbourhood is high. Our room was quite small, and there were no mini refrigerator, kitchenette, kettle or any other kinds of utilities. The shower cabin was extremely small, so that someone over 90-100 kg may have troubles in bathing. In conclusion, the hotel is suitable for short-term and budget-friendly accomodation.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the back of the hotel. Front side of the hotel is extraordinarily noisy.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

I stayed in this Hotel in December with my mother after Aida Night of the Proms. I had paid a surcharge for a "soundproofed room", and I had received a confirmation in English in writing. However, the room was not at all soundproofed. Instead, it was right at the Corner of two busy streets with several tram lines (given the Location I woulnd not normally complain about this, but given that I had paid for a soundproofed room and requested same in German on booking form I think this is a cheek). The walls were as thin as cardboard, we could hear the electrical cable of the vacuum cleaner being dragged across the floor upstairs. In the Lobby, there were supposed to be tea making facilities, but they were out of Cups (seriously). When we asked for instructions how to get to the concert, the Girl in reception actually sent us the wrong way. When we checked out, I complained about the noisy room and was told (I Quote translation from German) "at your rate the Hotel almost make no money on your room as it is. We have staff to pay". Seriously.
We were told our booking Website had defrauded us and we should take it up with them, but male receptionist refused to confirm out non-soundproofed room in writing. When my booking Website contacted them, the same guy lied and told them we had had a soundproofed room!!! A few days later, I was in Frankfurt again and walked over. The staff on site laughed at my complaint, claiming the croassroads were tiny (compared to New York Standards maybe!), and the Manager was in a different Hotel, At this stage, I was so mad I walked over there and met the Manager who told me in the most condescending manner "Fifteen euros isn't worth my time Standing here argueing with you" (That was surcharge.). No apology for the fact we hadn't slept in two days or the fact we had been lied to and misrepresented by his staff. He promised to refund the surchagre only, which, of course, he never did. Unbelievable. The booking Website in the end refunded part of booking, but there was no remorse or apology from Hotel.

Room Tip: Apparently, if you are really lucky they have rooms out the back that some fortunate travellers can...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank stephaniehk
Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

We chose this hotel for an overnight stay in Frankfurt, as we had an early flight and needed to take the train and get to the airport in time. The location is of course the main selling point - a hotel could not be closer to the main station. It is literally 2 minutes walk. From outside the hotel looks rather scary, like an old socialistic building. But once we got to our room we relaxed: it was modern, everything looked recently renovated, both room and bathroom. Very clean and comfortable, absolutely no complaints. It was a good stay, and great value for the money.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple