“It was a horror show! February and no heat in the room...”

Derag Livinghotel Appartements Johann Wolfgang
Ranked #159 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Boca Raton Florida
“It was a horror show! February and no heat in the room...”
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I check in after long trip, at 7:00am, was exhausted . Did not realized that they put me in the room , executive room with top price , without any heat! I had so much stuff on me, so moving to another room is huge inconvinience . I decided wait to later, so they can fix the broken heat. Later on that day I had some "specialist" banging into pipes trying to figure out the problem. Surly he did nothing, heat is broken. The other rooms they showed me,are like dark boxes or caves with ugly old appliances , same in the room I was staying. This place has floor heating which in the winter and cold tempeture does not keep the rooms comfortable, it is cold in this rooms, they give to me some electric blowers, which made the whole place even worst. Internet , they advertise high speed Internet, which is lie! I was loosing connection all the time and you have to pay for this crapp, ( they was blaming on my computer, which works perfect in every other place I stay in) Bathroom is very cold, there is additional exit/fire
door and cold air is entering thrue , horrible small bathtub with shower curtain. Smelly carpets in the whole apartment,I was having trouble with falling to sleep, because of irritating carpet smell ( like old socks) also durning the day it was difficult to stay in, because of that carpet irritating odor) Every morning I was getting up with huge headache, dizzy and feeling
sick, I had allergic reaction to that whole room, broked up with rushall over my skin , my throat
was itchy and I had cough....what the dump. The hallways are cold like basement..that was the worst experience I ever had in hotel or rental apartment .

Room Tip: No good heat in this place, no A/C, old appliances , smelly carpets, corner suites are sunny, horrib...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Pricesss
Hasenpfad, Manager at Derag Livinghotel Appartements Johann Wolfgang, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
Thank you for your critical appraisement by Trip Advidor. We were very sorry to hear that you feeled under par in our hotel. Please be assured that we take all complains very serious and take those to change for the better.

We will take action right away and hopefully you give us the chance to prove to you, that our Apartment can be a place to feel like home.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I stayed there for 6 months. The best points are the nice location and the facilities, but the staff is not helpful, even rude at times. Every month there was a day when hot water wasn't working. We were supposed to have one hour Internet for free, but it only worked some times, and when it did it was painfully slow.
I would only recommend it for short stays.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Sophia_Frankfurt
India
Reviewed 30 July 2008

I lived here for 2 months. The place is specialized in long stay so the rooms are customized keeping that in mind

The good things

1. Very friendly staff, especially the the asian lady and the elderly person (but I think he was about to retire)

2. Clean rooms, very effecient service.

3. Weekly wine get togethers at the reception every wednesday

4. location, in terms of proximity of public transport (right outside the door)

5. Comfi beds

6. Well equiped kitchenette

7. Very quick to accept the fact that they lost my jacket in laundary and reimbursed me for a new one

8. Good places to eat in the surrounding areas

The things that could have been better

1. Rooms (single) small and narrow. Would have been better if the room could have been more wider and larger

2. Gym was really under equipped and small. Just one elliptical, 2 cycles and 2 other machines. For a long stay a good gym is really essentail

• Disliked — gym facilities, room size
  • Stayed May 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)