I stayed at the Metropolitan for a week in July 2005 while attending a seminar at the European Central Bank.
To keep it short, this hotel featured very stylish, modern decoration. Even the lights in the nice wide hallways light up as you walk down the hall. The rooms are of a good size by European standards and are fitted with a very nice bathroom, also of a modern style.
My only minor complaints:
- the service was fine, but the staff didn't seem to go the "extra mile"
- no internet computer terminal in the lobby for guest use
- I had no English TV channels during my stay because "a recent storm knocked out the satellite", although the hotel right next door had no such problems.
- for most of the week, the hotel was out of North American electricity outlet adaptors
- this may be standard in Europe, although I've never seen it there before...the staff made up your bed in the late morning and returned again in the evening at about 6:30pm to "take down" the bed and prepare it for the night. This touch seemed like style taken to excess, in my opinion. I found it intrusive to have someone knock and enter my room each night when I was relaxing after the seminar. Making the bed once in the morning is enough, thanks!
Overall, I had a satisfactory stay at the Metropolitan, and would definitely stay there again. It was good value for the money and likely the best hotel around the main train station area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the Steigenberger Hotel Metropolitan it takes only a few minutes by public transport or taxi to the Frankfurt Exhibition and Congress Centre, Frankfurt Airport, the banking quarter and the famous shopping mile, the Goethe Strasse and to the Zeil shopping mall. Other landmarks of the Main metropolis such as the Alte Oper, the theatre, galleries and the Senckenberg Museum are not far from the hotel either. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Steigenberger Hotel Metropolitan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Steigenberger Hotel Frankfurt