“Visiting Messe”

Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt-Messe
Ranked #75 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 24 October 2013

This Holiday Inn Express has two claims to fame, first it was the most expensive HIE that I have ever stayed in and secondly it was by far the most terrible HIE that I have ever stayed in. Please let me explain. When I arrived I was told by a somewhat nervous check in lady that there was no room for me and they were upgrading me to a better hotel in Wiesbaden some 49 minutes away. I refused and eventually they found me a room. When I got to the room there was no WiFi which was surprising. The towels were poor and thin and the downie quilt had a huge brown stain and the cover had holes in it. This hotel is in an industrial location close the station and there are no restaurants nearby. In short a dreadful badly managed hotel I would recommend need that it should be avoided at all costs.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
6  Thank IGW187351
FRAGT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt-Messe, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on TripAdvisor to share your experience with other travellers.

I deeply regret to hear that your stay has been unsatisfactory. However, I am also concerned about your comments and would like to detail on this.

Your reservation was made for a high demand period in Frankfurt, which is reflected in the hotel room prices. Nevertheless, all room rates are confirmed to guests at the time of booking and should not be a surprise.

In this period, we could not rent out all rooms and therefore had to ask guests to change hotel, which was the case with your arrival. Our front desk lady was indeed nervous, as this is a question not easy to ask.

That Holiday Inn Express hotels do not have restaurants is a brand standard and no in-house restaurants are being communicated on website etc. Currently, the hotel has no in-room WiFi (planned for 2014), but ethernet access with cables in the room. The lobby is supplied with WiFi access, free of charge.

I feel sorry that you found the room not to be clean. This must not be and will be addressed with our housekeeping staff.

Neverthless, we hope that you will visit IHG hotels in the future, why not try other brands, such as Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza (the one in Wiesbaden) or InterContinental.

Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

I would like to congratulate this hotel for having wonderful staffs. I believe they have wonderful staff or otherwise I am pure lucky during my stay. Arriving late at the hotel I am already tired and hit into issues coming into the car park without ticket. I parked my car and informed the front desk. To top it up, on that day they had problem with the kitchen therefore I was not able to have any food available in the hotel. Lucky the service staff was so kind and good that they settled my parking problem and also offered to order deliveries to the hotel. The menu was already available at the front desk and they made the order for me in German. I was only required to collect and pay the food when it arrives. The front desk was really effective and efficient during my stay. I could not complain more. At this place therefore I believe the human touch made the major difference. As for the rooms it is the standard expectation of a holiday inn express hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013
FRAGT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt-Messe, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear Danny,

Many thanks for your nice review! We are all very happy that you enjoyed staying with us.
In particular as there were some hick-ups which our team could rectify for you.

It's a great reward for us to see that we could make your stay perfect with our personal touch.

Looking forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed 16 October 2013

From a business perspective I'm travelling to Frankfurt frequently. That's why I do know the Holiday Inn Express in Frankfurt well. At the reception there's a warm welcome from Arghavan or Ildico. They're aware of your wishes and interest which is enjoyable as a frequent guest.
In the morning the breakfast is properly and more than you can may expect. Mim is serving very good and realizes a good feeling with a smile on her face!

Keep on going!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
FRAGT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt-Messe, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear guest,

Many thanks for your very nice review! We are very happy to see that you enjoy staying with us.

Great to have you as a regular guest! Thanks for your accolades to the staff, they are proud to receive these compliments.

Looking forward to welcoming you again!

Martin Nock, General Manager

Reviewed 13 October 2013

We took a taxi from the airport which was 27 euros. The reception staff were friendly and spoke excellent english. Free coffee in the bar area. Rooms spacious, clean and comfy bed. Shower excellent. Free Wifi in reception and free ethernet access in the rooms.

Did explore the area as this was on overnight stay between long distance flights.

Room Tip: i was on the road side but it was quiet on a sat night. Not sure if on a weekday the morning traffi...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
FRAGT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt-Messe, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear guest,

Many thanks for your nice review! We are happy to see that you enjoyed staying with us.

Good advice on the traffic situation on weekdays: It usually starts when most of our guests are up. And the windows are double insulated. If you would like to have an extended sleep, why not ask for a quiet room to the back of the hotel.

Looking forward to welcoming you again.

Martin and team

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I am a Priority Club member and stay in Holiday Inns because I am used to the service they provide. We stayed in this hotel upon our arrival in Germany and two nights before we left. The hotel is clean, the rooms are small and supply just the bare essentials. A bed, tv, towels and dual purpose soap. The breakfast was good, and the coffee machine was great! The only complaint I would have is that the woman who was front desk clerk when we checked in with on October 2nd was not very friendly at all. A first impression is a lasting impression. Luckily the rest of the staff was helpful and friendly - especially Ana who runs the bar in the evening. You can walk most places from the hotel without any problem -- restaurants, train station, downtown. There is a really nice area to walk along the river front. Just beware, there is a club close by and it is noisy at night if you do not have the window shut all the way.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the hotel are a bit quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Dear guests,

Many thanks for your nice review. We are happy to see that you liked staying with us.

Thank you for the comments on the staff, especially Anna was happy to hear that you enjoyed her service.

Holiday Inn Express is the midscale-focused service brand of IHG. If you like some more amenities etc why not try a Holiday Inn or one of the other brands such Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo or InterContinental.

Looking forward to welcoming you again to Holiday Inn Express in future.

Martin and team

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Situated in the central area of Frankfurt this hotel offer decent accomodations for travellers on business or on a touristic trip. Hotel personnel are friendly and always willing to help. Nothing is left unattended. Receptionists seem to be pleased to catter to guests. Rooms are clean and decent. The strongest point is the breakfast, served until 10:30 on weekday and until 11 on weekend, which is convenient. You don´t have to wake up too early to have your breakfast. Enjoy the a wide selection of bread, jams, fruit and the warmest espresso ever. I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: I do recommend this hotel. The price is another strong point.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
FRAGT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt-Messe, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear guest,

Obrigado for your nice review! We are happy to see that you enjoyed staying with us.

Thanks for pointing out the nice staff and the long breakfast hours.Actually it's 11.30h on weekends and bank holidays, so an extra half hour to get a good sleep.

We hope to be able to welcome you back again!

Martin Nock, General Manager

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Rooms are tiny and very hot. We opened the window but the outside odor was overwhelming. People congregated outside of our window and smoked well into the early morning hours. The beds were uncomfortable. Breakfast was good but not good enough to make me return to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with other travellers on TripAdvisor.
We are sorry to hear that will not return to the hotel as you were unsatisfied with our hotel prouct.

Our rooms have a size of 18 m2 including bathroom, which is a common European room size in midscale hotels. Regarding the smoke from outside we regret to read this and can imagine that this can disturb a good night sleep. In future we would recommend to speak to hotel staff so that can assist in finding a solution.

Nevertheless, we hope to be able to accommodate you in a Holiday Inn Express hotel worldwide again.