Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt-Messe
US$157
US$137
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewstrain stationminutes by carhire carcity centrehotel is locatedhotel is cleanboiled eggslate at nightmain stationquiet areafree wifinice stayper daybreakfast roomyogurtbusiness tripclose to the airport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 November 2013

The hotel is not very far from the main train station and there is bus 37 goes to its door. We can't find any restaurant around there so we had to finish our dinner before going back.

The 2 single bed room is tiny and it doesn't have much space for you to open up your luggage. The bed is small but soft and comfortable and the quality of sleep is quite good.

The second morning we were in a rush so we forgot to put some tips on the desk. When we came back at night we found the small towels were missing and the plastic cups were not replaced. And it all comes back again the next time after we put some tips on the desk.

The breakfast was delicious with many kind of choices, and the staffs there were helpful and friendly.

Overall it's a nice stay and I'll stay again if I have a chance.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
FRAGT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt-Messe, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear guest,

Many thanks for your good review!
We are happy to see that you liked staying with us.

The hotel does not have a restaurant, however, there are some restaurants in 10 minutes walking distance. Around the central station, you will furthermore find plenty of Asian restaurants, additional to the more German/International choice around the hotel.

Thanks for your advice on the missing supplies. In case our guests miss anything, please address to the front desk, they will be happy to assist. It is not in connection to tip of the maids - they are all paid with a fixed salary and not based on tip, as usual in Germany. However, it looks like the maid did not hae a good day and forgot to supply everything you needed. We'll speak to them to make sure this will not happen to other guests.

Hope to welcome you back some time!

Reviewed 24 October 2013

This Holiday Inn Express has two claims to fame, first it was the most expensive HIE that I have ever stayed in and secondly it was by far the most terrible HIE that I have ever stayed in. Please let me explain. When I arrived I was told by a somewhat nervous check in lady that there was no room for me and they were upgrading me to a better hotel in Wiesbaden some 49 minutes away. I refused and eventually they found me a room. When I got to the room there was no WiFi which was surprising. The towels were poor and thin and the downie quilt had a huge brown stain and the cover had holes in it. This hotel is in an industrial location close the station and there are no restaurants nearby. In short a dreadful badly managed hotel I would recommend need that it should be avoided at all costs.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
6  Thank IGW187351
FRAGT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt-Messe, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on TripAdvisor to share your experience with other travellers.

I deeply regret to hear that your stay has been unsatisfactory. However, I am also concerned about your comments and would like to detail on this.

Your reservation was made for a high demand period in Frankfurt, which is reflected in the hotel room prices. Nevertheless, all room rates are confirmed to guests at the time of booking and should not be a surprise.

In this period, we could not rent out all rooms and therefore had to ask guests to change hotel, which was the case with your arrival. Our front desk lady was indeed nervous, as this is a question not easy to ask.

That Holiday Inn Express hotels do not have restaurants is a brand standard and no in-house restaurants are being communicated on website etc. Currently, the hotel has no in-room WiFi (planned for 2014), but ethernet access with cables in the room. The lobby is supplied with WiFi access, free of charge.

I feel sorry that you found the room not to be clean. This must not be and will be addressed with our housekeeping staff.

Neverthless, we hope that you will visit IHG hotels in the future, why not try other brands, such as Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza (the one in Wiesbaden) or InterContinental.

Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

I would like to congratulate this hotel for having wonderful staffs. I believe they have wonderful staff or otherwise I am pure lucky during my stay. Arriving late at the hotel I am already tired and hit into issues coming into the car park without ticket. I parked my car and informed the front desk. To top it up, on that day they had problem with the kitchen therefore I was not able to have any food available in the hotel. Lucky the service staff was so kind and good that they settled my parking problem and also offered to order deliveries to the hotel. The menu was already available at the front desk and they made the order for me in German. I was only required to collect and pay the food when it arrives. The front desk was really effective and efficient during my stay. I could not complain more. At this place therefore I believe the human touch made the major difference. As for the rooms it is the standard expectation of a holiday inn express hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013
FRAGT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt-Messe, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear Danny,

Many thanks for your nice review! We are all very happy that you enjoyed staying with us.
In particular as there were some hick-ups which our team could rectify for you.

It's a great reward for us to see that we could make your stay perfect with our personal touch.

Looking forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed 16 October 2013

From a business perspective I'm travelling to Frankfurt frequently. That's why I do know the Holiday Inn Express in Frankfurt well. At the reception there's a warm welcome from Arghavan or Ildico. They're aware of your wishes and interest which is enjoyable as a frequent guest.
In the morning the breakfast is properly and more than you can may expect. Mim is serving very good and realizes a good feeling with a smile on her face!

Keep on going!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
FRAGT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt-Messe, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear guest,

Many thanks for your very nice review! We are very happy to see that you enjoy staying with us.

Great to have you as a regular guest! Thanks for your accolades to the staff, they are proud to receive these compliments.

Looking forward to welcoming you again!

Martin Nock, General Manager

Reviewed 13 October 2013

We took a taxi from the airport which was 27 euros. The reception staff were friendly and spoke excellent english. Free coffee in the bar area. Rooms spacious, clean and comfy bed. Shower excellent. Free Wifi in reception and free ethernet access in the rooms.

Did explore the area as this was on overnight stay between long distance flights.

Room Tip: i was on the road side but it was quiet on a sat night. Not sure if on a weekday the morning traffic would be issue? If so ask for a room over looking the car park.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
FRAGT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt-Messe, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear guest,

Many thanks for your nice review! We are happy to see that you enjoyed staying with us.

Good advice on the traffic situation on weekdays: It usually starts when most of our guests are up. And the windows are double insulated. If you would like to have an extended sleep, why not ask for a quiet room to the back of the hotel.

Looking forward to welcoming you again.

Martin and team