“Best Applestrudel in Town”
Review of Konditorei Hollhorst - CLOSED

Konditorei Hollhorst
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Best Applestrudel in Town”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We went there just for the applestrudel. After some look-around, this was the place that had the most generous slice of strudel for the buck and we can honestly say it's probably the best in town. There are many other options if you suffer from sweet-teeth and they looked equally tempting. The Linzer Tort was also delicious.

Visited July 2013

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Don't like to be negative...but...”
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Went in with two of my friends while over on a weekend break. It was a rainy cold Sunday and the place had just opened. To say it was unfriendly would be an understatement. I don’t speak German, but managed as best I could – (pointed at cake I wanted, said “Eine bitte” followed by a sheepish smile). The gentleman was possibly having a bad day or is just rude (one of my friend’s had his change sort of thrust on to the counter). Either way I was left feeling very unwelcome and we spent a few uneasy minutes in the place as we had tea and scoffed the cake as quickly as we could. Other patrons who were clearly locals didn’t receive the cold welcome we did so maybe he wasn’t in the mood for tourists that morning. The saschentorte that I had was just OK in my opinion – nothing to shout about. I’d rather eat ashes than go in there again. I should point out that this was an isolated incident and that Frankfurt is a friendly enough place.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank lesheed
Yomitan-son, Japan
“Excellent cake shop on Romer Square”
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Family owned bakery specializing in cakes and tortes at the southern end of Romer Square. Lovely Apple Strudel and Linzer torte! A bit of a wait but it was well worth it. Clientele was a mix of locals and tourists. Very small area to eat/drink, best to take it outside and eat along the Main if the weather is nice. Also suggest having a sausage at Alten Limpurg Gaststätte (which just 50 m further north) before hand.

• Visited November 2012