“Great place to stay with a group of students”

A&O Frankfurt Galluswarte
San Angelo, Texas
“Great place to stay with a group of students”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My colleague and I travelled with a group of American college students. We stayed for two nights in the A&O hotel in Frankfurt (Galluswarte) and were very pleased with it. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The rooms are nice and windows are sound-proof. Beautiful and varied breakfast buffet; our group also had dinner. Large servings of meat and veggies, and a salad bar. Excellent group rates. We were very pleased.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

As we arrived guests who were checking out warned us that they had been robbed. I had already paid so I could not back out now. I asked the Front Office Manager - Cameron I think her name was about the robbery. Her response was " I don't know I just started my shift this morning". Not good enough that she showed absolutely no concern and asked no questions if she was not aware of the robbery. In the room there was a sign saying " the room is not a safe so take your valuables with you"
The room itself was clean but it was so unbelievably HOT and we could only open one of our two windows slightly. My husband asked reception for a fan but they did not have one. We are from Western Australia so for us to say it is hot...it was hot. We could not sleep and there was no relief. Window had to be open and there was constant police sirens all night. We had to pay a 20euro deposit for a hot water kettle which I thought was unnecessary. Location is a long walk into town but we liked that it had a large supermarket close by that we could walk to. Also be warned that housekeeping knock once and immediately enter....keep clothed at all times.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Frankfurt hotels

Seoul
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I stayed there for 3days
And i lost my credit card in the room
To be precise, Someone stole it, as
I put my card into my bag in the locker even though locker was locked. But the most problem is a&o hostel staff. Actually people who don't stay in that room with me can't enter that room without entrance card. So lobber should be the person who stay at my room. And I told staff that i lost my credit card in the room, but they didn't care this. (Their face is like telling me "so what?") When i told them this accident, they dont say anything. Even a woman staff let me tell other staff again (Actually she wasnt doing anything just sit on the chair and stare at me) they didn't gave me any help. No call the police, No help me even though i was crying and asking how can i do. And in the end i lost about 1,450 euro. i am so confused now. I cant forget it forever and it was worst hostel ever for me.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Yomiu
Alberta
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed 1 night in mid june. We had a family room

Pros
- very clean rooms
- comfortable beds
- awesome buffet breakfast
- friendly breakfast service
-price was right. ($45 euro)

Cons
-reception staff a little on the unfriendly side
-noisy location due to the trains
- ugly view from our window.

Thats it : )

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank MoniandVal
Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Nice hotel location, closer to the train station; good budget with breakfast and basic services but not supportive and helpful work force. good if you prefer to be indoor with the internet to attend to work

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank DrBabalola
Leipzig, Germany
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Backpacker review:
Reserving directly in their site is possible to find great prices. The hostel is a little far from the center (I walked about 30 minutes to get there) but for me payed, and also it is next to a Penny (grocery/market with good prices). Free wifi only in the lobby (in the room it is payed) and a good service of luggage room (where you can let your bigger bags in a room next to the reception) and it's just beside a train station (what is great for arriving from the airport). The Hostel is in another building behind the main building, but the security system works well (with key-cards to enter the building and the room). There are lockers on the room (not really strong, made of wood, but I felt secure to leave my things inside). The bathroom was divided (I was in a 8 people room) and sometimes it got a little dirty as expected, but I saw the maintenance cleaning there. I recommend to take your own towels and bed linen as everything extra there is payed (they offer "naked" pillow, mattress and eiderdown). The heat was working well. For me it was a good stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 12 April 2014

It is very close to the center, only free tram stops away from the Central Railway Station, plus it is situated next to an S-bahn line. Very easy accessibility.
The staff at the reception was always kind and helpful.
The rooms are very comfortable. Big beads, clean bathroom, working heating system.

If I have to mention a minus, is its very thin walls. If you get a louder neighbour right next to your room, it is for sure that you will feel like accompanying them.

All in all, we were satisfied.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple