“I was Surprised by this IBIS Frankfurt Hotel !”

Ibis Frankfurt Centrum
Ranked #42 of 268 Hotels in Frankfurt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Very nice position,along river Main (you just cross the road and you can jog along the river shore). Always very crowdy,but staff is well managing even in the most popular periods (expositions). It has a nice small bar where to have a free welcome drink if you're Accor customer and a large breakfast room (typical Ibis breakfast,costy but abundant). Rooms are mainly really small but functional and you can hear everything from neighbours. Anyway they're kept very clean indeed. The price is weird during expo time; if a room is costing normally 50-60 €, it can reach 200 and more in the peak periods (unacceptable for this accomodation,but it's a common habit in all Frankfurt hotels). Finally,the hotel has an underground parking costing around 10 € per night; if you're lucky you can find a car place just outside hotel (free parking in the night time). Generally a good solution for a business trip

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Kelyje
Athens Greece
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Comfortable room (a bit small though) not far from all you need to see in Frankfurt. Garage on the premises !!! Very convenient. Personel quite friendly! Overall a nice hotel for a good night's sleep....... I can totally recommend it !!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 7 August 2012

The hotel offers the kind of cleanliness and quality you'd expect from an Ibis-chain hotel, having decent modern-looking rooms, a clean bathroom and not too much moving space in your room. The location the hotel is at is great for exploring Frankfurt or catching an early train.

The main negative points are the horrible combination of a soft bed and extremely thick pillow, making sleeping a challenge - we ended up buying our own pillows as the staff didn't have any different ones available. The lack of free in-room wifi is a bit disappointing as well and rather costly, this is a known factor though and it's free to use in their lobby/bar-area.

Would recommend the hotel; if you're able to bring your own pillow or are an easy sleeper.

Room Tip: Rooms on the river-side are nice but don't expect a direct line of sight.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
H1445-AM, Direktionsassistentin at Ibis Frankfurt Centrum, responded to this review, 8 August 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Ibis Frankfurt Centrum. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
I feel really sorry that you have not felt comfortable due to the pillows. All Ibis Hotels will get new pillows because our guests often tells us that they don´t like them. Our hotel will get the new pillows at the end of august 2012. The topper of the mattress we changed in June, before it was 5 cm high and now its 7 cm high. I regret that you didn´t like it.
In terms of room size our rooms are 16 m² and of our bathroom is 2 m².
At Ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.
Sincerely
Silvia Soltau
Assistant Manager
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 6 August 2012

My partner and I went to Europe for three weeks in July and we actually stayed in IBIS hotels all throughout. The IBIS Frankfurt Centrum was the first one we stayed in. We were there for two nights. The room cost 59 euros for each of the two nights. We couldn't be any happier with the price. This Ibis was definitely very good value for our money. Given the price, we knew not to expect luxury from it. The room was small but very, very clean. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw wood flooring. It made the room feel even cleaner. The bed's sheets were crisp and they smelled nice. There was a flat screen TV that had many channels from BBC World, CNN International, NHK World, TVE, and many more. Right in front of our bed was a tiny closet and a few shelves. The room's bathroom was the tiniest bathroom I had ever seen in all my traveling years. Two bath towels were supplied daily and there was liquid soap for hand, body, and hair wash. The bathroom's size was not really an issue for us. It served us just fine. There was no internet in the room but the lobby did. That's where everyone gathered in the morning and in the evening to check emails and conduct business. The only negative we can think of for this hotel is its location. It is a good 10 to 15 minute walk from the train station. Nevertheless, it is still walking distance to many of the city's sights and attractions. We wouldn't hesitate staying here again should we find ourselves back in Frankfurt in the future.

Where to next?
Reviewed 1 August 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here during the Frankfurt Ironman race, and the place was packed. Surprisingly, even though there was so much demand for rooms, the price was very reasonable. You pay an extra €10 for breakfast, and on balance I would say that it is worth paying.
The rooms are tiny though, and the showers are so small that you hit your elbows against the sides at all times.
This hotel has no particular charm, but as a basic hotel it does the job.
I would only stay here again if I was desperate to save money or if all I was going to do was check in, sleep and check out. I would not come here if I was having a holiday in Frankfurt.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
H1445-AM, Assistant Manager at Ibis Frankfurt Centrum, responded to this review, 3 August 2012
Dear Guest,
The size of our rooms is 16 m² and of our bathroom is 2 m². I feel really sorry that you have not felt comfortable due to the size of the room.
We appreciate your sharing your concerns.
Sincerely
Silvia Soltau
Assistant Manager
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Good Ibis hotel tipical Ibis with comfortable rooms close to public transport close to the river where you can walk along the banks to the old city worthwhile staying here as restaurants are also close by staff were great quick booking. Would stay there again