“Great value and centrally located”
Review of Hotel Adler

Hotel Adler
Ranked #3 of 43 Frankfurt B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 October 2012

I stayed at Hotel Adler for three nights in August. I was after a decent hotel at a reasonable price within walking distance from the station -- and that's what I got. Very pleased with my choice.

I had a room without bathroom but these were nearby on the same floor. They were always clean and I never had to wait. The one thing I missed, however, was a basin and mirror in the room for shaving and freshening up.

As others have pointed out the area is somewhat dodgy but it didn't worry me. Setting out one morning I found a young man sitting in the gutter shooting up. I went to a nearby laundrette (there's no guest laundry) and got propositioned twice on the way back through the street of sleazy bars and strip joints. Those pimps are really in your face. Oh well -- every city has those areas.

Breakfast was included -- typical continental selection and plenty of it. Wifi was available in my room and the signal was strong and speed good.

I didn't fancy any of the nearby restaurants for meals given the nature of the area but the hauptbahnhof was a short walk away so I ate there -- reasonable selection of places and OK prices. Not fine dining of course.

I checked out early but had an early evening flight. I was able to leave my luggage in safe storage for day, which I greatly appreciated.

All in all a lovely hotel and I would stay there again -- and recommended it to family and friends.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 11 September 2012

A friendly welcome and gleaming appearance really impressed us. Follow the directions given & it's easy to find. Dodgy area some way away, down towards the river, but plenty of security visible at all hours and no one interfered with us. The staff were so helpful with advice on sight seeing and travel directions. We got the impression that nothing was too much trouble. The hotel looked new and bright.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jaxand
Reviewed 10 May 2012

We arrived the hotel about 10-11 am and receptionist allowed us to check in and let us have an available room right away. It's only 5 min. walk from Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof. You walk out of the station from North Exit, cross Poststrasse, and turn right. Walk straight and cross Dusseldorfer Strasse, turn left and walk straight for only 20 m. There is small alley on the right, walk through that and you'll see hotel on your right.

Room is clean, with small TV at the corner. Bathroom and toilet is also clean. It's quite quiet at night that makes you sleep well. Breakfast is plenty with fruit juice, bread, boiled egg, ham, fruits etc.

I will definitely stay here again if I have a chance to come back to Frankfurt. It's a great value considering room rate at only 59EUR/night for Double room with en-suite!

Room Tip: Some rooms have balcony, but they were not ready when we were there at that time.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank agsman
Reviewed 31 August 2011

one of the best hotels I've ever stayed with such a good customercare.fontdesk is so flexible and ready help all the time. A good hotel & value for money. and very close to DB Bahn and many others. I would definetly go again if I happen to be there. I want to write a cooment to encourage their services as that helps many other customers to be treated by the hotel
Bandu

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Bandu N
Reviewed 29 July 2011

good hotel, clean, quiet, and very helpful friendly staff. in an alleyway, so quiet at night.
convenient to the train station - a 5 minute walk - so good if you are planning to go on to the airport in the morning. or onwards on the train.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dan y dena r
Reviewed 14 May 2011

Stayed in a quad room- room had more than enough space as did the bathroom. A quick 5 minute walk from the train station, if you can find it. The street that its on is divided by a row of businesses, a little tricky to find at first. The area its in is not the best and its about a 20 minute walk from the Altstadt. Breakfast was of a typical European hotel type. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Functional, clean & good sized rooms
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank freecat36
Reviewed 9 April 2011

The location is very good for easy access from the railway station (trains from the airport). It is also walking distance to all shopping and sight-seeing. The location is very quiet because the street is a dead-end (no through traffic). A negative thing concerning the location is a disgusting red-lamp street close by.

Service is very friendly. Good buffet breakfast.
Rooms are nice and clean and rather small with a modern and clean small bathroom (if there is a bathroom in the room) but the carpets in all areas need cleaning or replacing. If it wasn't for the carpets, everything would look really nice and rather new.

One has to be careful when booking a room: some rooms are without private toilets. I had booked two rooms for us and one of them involuntarily without a private bathroom. This was not clearly marked on the website I had used (of course I was also not expecting a 3-star hotel to run rooms without toilets). So I ended paying a bit extra for a room with conveniences.

Considering the price I found it a good choice (after the trouble with the bathroom was solved) and would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family