“Only stay here if you can get a bargain”
Review of Hotel Adler

Hotel Adler
Ranked #2 of 38 Frankfurt B&B and Inns
Nairobi, Kenya
“Only stay here if you can get a bargain”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I was sent to the Frankfurt Book Fair on a very short notice and this was the hotel that fitted my budget - which was not too small for the German standards. You can imagine how full the city was at the time. I've spent the whole week there and the hotel worked. It is very close to the central station, which means easy transport and large availability of fast food options (some open until very late). You could also walk to the Messe (fair grounds). But the area is not good, dirty and shabby, too close to the red light district. It is not dangerous, I suppose, just not nice. The hotel staff is very friendly and it does has a German hospitality thing going on. Breakfast was pretty good, but my bedroom was too old. Bathroom was ok, seemed to have been renovated at some point, but the room itself was awful. The furniture was made of some sort of light harboard and had multiple stains on it, everywhere. The carpet was also stained and faded colors gave away how old it must have been. All a bit disgusting. At least it looked clean.

I've payed EUR 50,00 for the first night and prices got higher as the opening of the fair grew near, until they reached unbelivable EUR 295,00. So I was a bit angry for having to pay that much for such a room, but I had little option. My advice is: only consider staying here if you can get a very good price.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Was there mid jan 2013 for i think 4 nights for work I must say everyone was helpful before arrival on mail and when I arrived clean,friendly and quiet place for a good nights sleep recommended for business travellers

Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Lenexa, Kansas
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We booked the Adler solely for an overnight stay. Three of us made it hard to book any room that had some space, and this was no exception, but we knew that going in. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very good! Easy access to main train station and the metro with short rides to fun areas of town and the old city center area. Personally felt it was a good value.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Cy193
San Diego, California
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

We had a quick night and stopover in Frankfurt, and wanted something convienant to seeing a bit of the city, and getting back and forth to the airport.. This place was perfect for that! We arrived late, and called to let them know of our late arrival. Great idea since the reception is closed at midnight, but they conveniently left our key next door at hotel, so that worked out perfectly! We found our triple room to be just right for us, a elevator ride to the 6th floor and a very cute room, with comfortable beds and a very clean bathroom! Nice touch on the gummy bears as a nite treat on our pillows! My daughter loved that! And shes 27 , lol. !
The room was a little warm and had no air on, but a fan with windows that opened and even a little deck ! Its not usually that hot in frankfurt , only a short time in the summer, so that shouldn't normally be a problem! Free wifi in the rooms too! Even on the 6th floor! The reception was so nice, and so helpful worth all questions on directions and help getting around. Made us feel that we were staying in a smaller , more b&b style hotel. The free breakfast was generous and
yummy with lots of choices. Okay so the neighborhood, we came in very late and went around the block , and saw a bit on the rough life and some sketchy characters, but if you walk down the main road when you come off the train and just go around the block from there you will totally avoid seeing any of that, or during the day, you wont see that at all. Incredible value for a good stop in frankfurt! Thanks!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank elizacass
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Be sure you know what you are getting into when you choose to stay here. First the good part. The front desk staff were very nice. Now the bad. The neighborhood is scary. We had people shooting up in front of the hotel and on most of the side streets. I knew going in that we were close to the Red Light District but this was too much. The room had no air and it was to hot to sleep in. You certainly did not feel safe enough to leave the windows open. The fan was just not enough. I was afraid to take my shoes off because the carpet was filthy. This place needs major updating. The bathroom was clean and the shower had plenty of hot water and the sheets were clean , if stained. I would never stay here again. Especially if you have children pay more and stay safe. The savings is just not enough to overcome everything else.

Room Tip: As far as I could tell there are no good rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank John R
alexandria
Reviewed 25 June 2013

the staff in the hotel were super friendly. it is a nice little corner, right out of the bahnhuf. rooms were clean and adequate for their price. internet was available in all rooms.

the only drawback, if you consider it that. is being on the edge of the RLD, but i was in my room early and couldnt see anything, but the reviews mention this repeatidly

Room Tip: check the weather forecast beforehand, there is no air conditioner in the room and it can get hot
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2013

This review comes by happen chance, I was delayed in Frankfurt due to a late date on my visa for Russia and seeing how it was cheaper to stay three nights than to return to Birmingham (well who would?) I plumped for the city.

My travel people (plug for BCD) sorted a hotel for me while I rearranged my flights for the coming days and we agreed on the Adler. Having never visited Frankfurt before it was a bit of pin in the board job. The result was good, from the airport it was easy (as ever in Germany) to get a train to the Hauptbanhoff and toddle over the road and quickly found the Adler.

Not luxury but comfortable, clean rooms, nice staff who are happy to help and not much of a walk to town. I spent three nights here, breakfast continental good and week served, good facilities a d adequate maps.

The city is most,y geared to the financial district but there are still some interesting buildings around, good parks and plenty of walking, not exactly a tourist destination but enough to keep you busy for a few days.

I would say though, if you are a little squeamish about the raw side of life then don't go, the red light district is only two stones throw away and at night one section of the Niddastrasse gives succour to drug addicts. You can skirt but may be a little off putting to some, to me it was an eye opener if a little sad.

Room Tip: A room onto the Niddastrasse. Gives good light and interesting view on the world.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business