“A nice, quaint garden”

Ranked #2 of 440 things to do in Frankfurt
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Frankfurt's beloved botanical gardens are home to 50 acres of tropical trees, orchids and ferns.
Reviewed 12 June 2014

It's not too large, definitely not as big as the Kew Gardens in London, but it has many different parts like the rock garden, the climate controlled rooms and more. When we got a little hungry, we sat down and had some ice-cream and beer at a food stand near the Steingarten (but I'm not too sure).

Overall, if you love nature, simply want to take in the smells and greenery, and take a break from the modern structure of Frankfurt, then this garden is perfect for you.

I believe my family also used the Frankfurt card, so we got a nice discount, which is helpful if you're only going to be in Frankfurt for a few days.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,532)

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Was surprised that this place is so popular. I visited in May, and found it so-so. I guess it is a must visit attraction if you like plants and greenery, but for the average visitor, I would not bother.

1  Thank no818528
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I would highly recommend some time at this attraction if you have time when you are in Frankfurt. Price was 8 euros each, and you need at least half a day to walk around.

Lovely gardens, tropical houses, park area for the children, sunbathing section and fountains.

You can grab a snack here at the snack counter at the rear of the gardens or at the 2 cafes that are situated throughout.

Through the green houses you can see the rare plants that they are nurturing for future,

It really is so beautful here and I couldnt recommend it highly enough.

4  Thank daffodill12
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is a very nice botanical garden. It has many different climate zone area's blending from one to the other. It is close to our house, and it's nice to visit when it's cold outside. Very easy to access, and it's cheap also! A must see if you like gardens.

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

I visited the Palmengarten not sure what to expect. When I arrived, the first pond I saw was empty but the rest of the park was beautiful and very interesting to see! A great way to spend a sunny afternoon!