Hotel Rossija
Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel(Frankfurt)(Great Value!)
US$320
US$334
US$210
Agoda.com
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 December 2011

The hotel is quite difficult to find as its behind a rolling shutter and not clearly marked. You have to press a buzzer to press a buzzer to get in which then leads onto a courtyard.
Check in was fast and there is a small lift which will get you to your floor.
Rooms vary in size with bathroom with shower and 2 beds and TV but no tea making facilities.
The breakfast is a typical continental breakfast (ham, cheese, cereal and bread) which is nice.
There's no WIFI or computer facilities at this hotel and the constant rumble of the underground trains.
There isn't much to say about this hotel but the area is in the middle of the red light district which I wasn't expecting with prostitutes on every corner and also drug dealers openly dealing to addicts and tramps begging for money and large groups of people everywhere.
Don't think I will be going back to this area but it does seem better during the day but it does feel intimidating especially at night.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Alan H
Reviewed 11 November 2011

This hotel has many advantages :
1. Located right across the Central Station.
2. Located in the middle of Red Light District of Frankfurt
3. Located 5 min walk from the City Centre
4. Very affordable tariff.
5. Friendly Staff
6. Decent Breakfast

Could i ask for more?

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Nitin S
Reviewed 22 May 2011

An excellent hotel. I was anxious after reading the reviews on trip-advisor but I was surprised to find that all of them was wrong.
Firstly, the hotel location: It's very near to the station. Just opposite the station there is a street called Tanustrasse. Go along the street till you come to a crossing, turn left and the third building is the hotel.
Regarding the neighbourhood red-light district, I didn't see any call-girls, or any sort of disturbance or drunkards. Well, there are a couple of go-go bars and discotheques but they keep to themselves and are not interested in the passers-by. We returned to the hotel at 11 pm after some work and it was as safe as anything and we never felt fear.
The room was literally huge and there was ample space for walking, the bathroom big and they were spotlessly clean. Adequate lighting in the room.
The breakfast was surprising good considering the room rate and the choice plentiful.
Branded hotels should learn a thing or two from these small hotels regarding service ( which was 24/7) and the room size. I would definitely stay there again and I recommend this hotel whole-heartedly to any of my fellow-travellers. Just give it a shot and see whether anything that I have described is wrong.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dr_B_Maitra
Reviewed 30 April 2011

we stayed here for only one night it is very nice to see the location as it is very near to central station nice breakfast , very good quality of food.....
also in very good price...

as it was a bussiness trip the environmet in room is very cosy.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank rajan_tangri
Reviewed 9 February 2011

After successfully using your hotel for many years, I recently experienced a terrible problem. I am writing to obtain compensation for a mistake for which I believe your hotel is responsible.
On January, 20-24th, 2011, I and my brother stayed at Hotel Rossija. We were so pleased and trusty that decided to leave a package for an old friend. She was supposed to pick it up after we would check out. Unfortunately this time we forgot to leave a room key at the receptionist or perhaps, the receptionist forgot to remind us about the key… Anyway. Upon our arrival at home we discovered our mistake and call the hotel to ask for forgiveness and promised that we will send the key via mail or will drop off during our next trip or pay fee with a credit card. The reason we had to do all of that is that the supervisor of the hotel, someone named Lyuba, took out package as a hostage. Moreover she spoke very rudely and unprofessional over the phone, at the end she had a nerve to hang up the phone on me while I was talking. Basically her point was “give me a key or you won’t see your belongings”. She ignored my apologies and regrets, she wouldn’t hear my explanations. After that I was unable to get in touch with her and with someone superior to her. We expect your Hotel to return the package because of your receptionist’s mistake. It’s the hotel’s job to remind us. We also expect a full apology from supervisor Lyuba and assurance that she takes responsibility for her rudeness.
From our experience, this situation was a dramatic letdown from the superlative service that we usually receive from Hotel Rossiya. In fact, we have always been loyal to your hotel because of the exemplary treatment we have received from you and your attentive staff. We suggest that you coach Lyuba in proper customer service procedures and in customer relations. Her behavior does not reflect positively on Hotel Rossiya.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business