“Nice place to shop and buy” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Zeilgalerie - CLOSED

Zeilgalerie
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Nice place to shop and buy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013

We liked it very much because of the very big variety of everything we found there.
The main thing there was the English-speaking everyone.
I wanted to buy a X-box game and after I ve chosen the games, I found the seller asking me if I'll use it in Germany, what is the system of my TV? and if I can speak German? and I found that I ve chosen games that will not work for me at all. Then he helped me to choose another 3 very nice and cheap games.
Sure I ll go there again

Visited April 2013

65 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 139 helpful votes
“Large!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

We had a 14 hour layover in Frankfurt, so we left the airport and killed some time here.
It's a nice shopping center with a large variety if stuff for sale. We didn't really buy anything, but we had fun browsing.

The employees I encountered were very polite and helpful. I do not speak very good German, and I appreciated that the employees I encountered made an effort to communicate with me in English.

Visited December 2012
Stange, Norway
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great choice, but lousy service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2012

The selection of items is huge, but I do not expect to wait 15 minutes to get help, after asking for help. Especially not the client manager dispatches three others in the time she takes to retrieve a specific item to me. As I see it, I get bored and leave. I was genuinely interested in buying the item. Worst mall I've ever experienced. It is so easy to make this a good place.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank LMMauset
Frankfurt, Germany
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Good Shopping Area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2012

The Galerie is a great shopping area, with the Galleria being a very typical department store by American standards. Many employees there dress as casually as the customers, and it is sometimes hard to find someone to help you. However, once you find someone, many speak English if you do not speak German. Be prepared to play a few rounds of charades if you cannot find an English speaking person, but most who speak English enjoy it so they can practice their English. In the same area is lots of other shopping, and I was very surprised to see many American stores in this vast shopping area. It is easy to spend an entire day in the Zeil, especially if you're a shopaholic. I have just recently moved to the Frankfurt, Germany area, this is where I do most of my shopping. While in the shopping district, many vendors also set up booths with delicious foods for sell, and the hot wine they serve is surprisingly good. You also should not have any trouble finding restaurants in the area to eat. Don't be afraid to get on some of the little side streets for more traditional German shops rather than the very commerical retail of the main Zeil. The only negative thing I would say is that on weekends it is VERY crowded, and I would even say much more crowded than any street in New York City. It can be a little difficult to navigate around all the people. It is also very convenient to take the U-Bahn rather than trying to find a place to park.

Visited November 2012
Muscat, Oman
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Interesting mall”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2012 via mobile

A charming and interesting shopping experience. And having the longest excelator in the world help. Many restaurants and coffee shops to choose from also a huge electronics shop. Nice place