“sleep and leave ...”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt
Ranked #21 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 February 2013

The hotel is great ... from appearance.
Our stay was not so great, unfortunately. Seems like our booking was incorrectly received and instead of family room we had to spend the night in small 2-bed room with addtional moviving bed.
We were after long intercontinental flight and had to wait almost an hour to get our room arranged. Dinner in the restaurant was however great. On the contrary to the breakfast, it was crowdy and replenishment of plates with food was not really working smoothly.
We were happy we did not have to stay longer.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Krzysztof R
RD_Frankfurt, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

Dear Krzysztof R,

Thank you for taking the time and reviewing your stay with us. Unfortunately you were not satisfied with your room. I’d like to explain that we do not have dedicated family rooms but offer our Business Class Rooms which have 28 to 32 sqm in size with an extra bed. I am sorry that you did not find this arrangement satisfactory. Another option is to book 2 connecting rooms or a Business Suite, which offers an additional fold-away-bed.

I understand the inconvenience to wait for the room to be ready after a long flight. I have no chance to check if your waiting time was due to a booking error or to any other circumstances, however I’d like to apologize for that.

I am sorry that you couldn't enjoy your breakfast as much as you enjoyed your dinner the night before. My apologies if you found the breakfast area to be too busy. I will get back to the respective department about that, so that we can optimize our operation there.

Dear Krzysztof R, let us show you, that we can do much better than that. 100% Guest Satisfaction is what we promise and nothing less is acceptable for us. Should you decide to stay with us again, please do not hesitate to ask for me upon check-in; it will be a pleasure for me to welcome you personally.

Andreas Stoeckli

Write a ReviewReviews (2,068)

Reviewed 29 January 2013

Pros:

– Good location, if you travel for Messe. It is around 10-15 mins walk from the hotel to the fair ground. You shoult pass the Tryp hotel, cross the street and take a direct route to hall 9. The airport is 15 mins away.
– Reasonable pricing
– All needed amenities
– Rooms are clean and relatively well equipped
– Breakfast is plentiful. They have tartar! And try the fresh squized orange juice.
– Free wi-fi in rooms

Cons:

– Very few space for the clothes in the Standard room. Literally the wadrobe is around 30 cm wide
– Very crowdy in the morning at breakfast area. At 8 am it's a challenge to find a seat.
– Far from the downtown

Suggestions:

– As someone has already suggested – ask for the corner room. The view is very nice (see pic attached)
– During Messe try to start for a breakfast at around 8:15-8:20. In this case you will avoid the crowd.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
RD_Frankfurt, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2013

Dear Makin,

It was great to read your constructive feedback regarding your stay with us. I am glad to read, that you found much more pros than cons during your stay. Thank you very much for that and special thanks for your effort to write down all those findings.

You are right, the cupboard space is quite limited; the reason is that we have mainly guests who stay for one or two nights. Nevertheless, the spacious sideboard and additional hangers on the wall should provide sufficient space for long-stay guests, too.

I am sorry, that you found the breakfast area to be too crowded in the morning. This is due to the in-house occupancy and therefore not an everyday situation. However, you are right, if you have the chance to be flexible within your breakfast schedule you can avoid the busy times.

Dear Makin, thank you for your review. We truly appreciate it.
I hope you will be staying with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 25 January 2013

Great location for getting into and out of car.

Decent room size.

Breakfast was acceptable - Although the 'good' stuff AKA meats etc are all hidden away from the main breakfast area..

Window in the shower room with curtain on the outside isn't ideal, as I was there on business with a colleague..The Shower was also massively inconsistent.

Parking directly across the road simple and safe enough due to the area and only a decent walk into the town.

Wifi- Easy to connect to & quick.

Competitively priced to, would probably stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
RD_Frankfurt, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2013

Dear Mark H,

Thank you very much for taking the time and reviewing your stay.

Indeed, the Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt is easy to access by car, due to the direct motorway connection. Further we are only 12 km away from the Frankfurt International Airport and very close to the Frankfurt Central Station.

The window in the bathroom is unusual, but nice to have to enjoy a shower with daylight or watch TV while showering. Nevertheless, if you feel more comfortable without such a window, you might want to book a corner room for your next stay. The corner rooms are a little smaller, but offer a great glas front and do not have a window in the bathroom.

Regarding the inconsistent shower I would like to apologize for the inconvenience. I assure you, that we are aware of the problem and are working on a solution.

Wi-Fi is complementary in the whole hotel as in all Radisson Blu Hotels. I am glad to read that you enjoyed that service.

Dear Mark H, I hope you will be staying with us again soon!

Reviewed 23 January 2013

I stay here quite a lot with work and whereas I do like this hotel and it does have many plus points, there is one basic, fundamental problem which drives me mad. In all the 20+ times I have stayed, not once have I had a shower that has remained at a constant temperature. It sounds such a silly complaint, but it drives me mad. Whatever time of the day or night, and I'm talking even at 4am, the water will go through the cycle of hot, cold, scolding, freezing. This actually means you need extra time to get ready because you're constantly jumping in and out of the water flow! Unfortunately this isn't just a Radisson Frankfurt issue, because their Zurich hotel is exactly the same. And just while I'm in complaining mode, the rooms don't have ironing boards in them. You have to request one, and more often than not they've run out, so iron your shirts before you go. Also, be prepared that the wifi won't connect in your room, but it is free if you can get on it, and you can always go downstairs to the bar to use it.

Anyway, the plus points, it's a smart hotel, with funky contemporary decor. The beds are comfy and the breakfast very good The tram stop is just around the corner and Frankfurt central is about 20mins away. Frankfurt Main Airport is 15mins by taxi away. There are also several restaurants around the corner, including an amazing Thai that is so cheap (about 7Euro a meal) and incredibly tasty.

Just one last comment. If you're sharing a room, make sure you're very comfortable with your room mate. As with all Radissons, they like to put windows connecting the bedroom to the bathroom. I assume so you can watch tv while taking your terrible shower! There are curtains, but they're on the bedroom side so just hope they stay closed while you're doing whatever you're doing!

All in all it's a good hotel and I'm never unhappy to be staying there.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
RD_Frankfurt, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2013

Dear JLCD2010,

Thank you very much for your detailed review regarding your recent stay.

I am sorry to hear, that you experienced those water problems during your stays. Please be assured, that we are aware of this problem and we are working on finding a solution for that. I understand that a shower without a constant temperature is not what you need in the early morning hours. Again, my apologies for any inconveniences!

The windows in the bathroom are truly a matter of taste. You can use them to watch TV, see the sunset or just enjoy a bathroom with daylight. The curtains are on the bedroom side for practical reasons. Should you not like the windows in the bathroom, you can also ask for a Corner Room for your next stay. The Corner Room is a little smaller but does have a two sided window front and no window to the bathroom.

Then you wrote a lot of very kind words about your stays at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt. Thank you for that. It is absolutely great to hear such nice comments from a regular guest. By the way, as you are a frequent guest, did you ever think about becoming a Club Carlson member? The benefits speak for themselves: http://www.clubcarlson.com/

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experiences here on Trip Advisor. We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 20 January 2013

The hotel is really beautifully designed :)
The rooms are quite big and very clean.
I stayed this time just for one night and I used the gym there and it was very well equipped for a hotel gym.
The staff was very good but the room service made big errors twice while I stayed there for one night.
But it was fixed asap
I'll be back and it is great hotel, little expensive but a good stay :)

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
RD_Frankfurt, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2013

Dear Steinihfj,

Thank you very much for your kind comment on your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt. The round hotel has a truly unique style, it’s "Designed to be different"!

Our Heaven Spa is very exclusive, but is equipped with the latest gym machines and located on top of Frankfurt on the 18th floor. I am glad you enjoyed your work-out here.

Mistakes can happen, but the more important part is to make up for it. We are aiming for a 100% guest satisfaction and are focusing on a good service quality. Whenever any service is not to your satisfaction, let us know and we do our best to make it right straightaway.

Thank you again for recommending the Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt. My team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 15 January 2013

Well,the hotel location itself is not really special as it s not close to anything apart from a few restaurant in the neighborhood..Around 15 minutes walk to the village with some coffee shop,bakery shop and super market.
If you are really lazy to go out in winter. Staying in for some drinks and chats at the lobby bar is pretty relaxing and the music is great...:)

Hotel rooms come in modern style and quite fully equipped. There is minibar and working desk facing the view of Frankfurt industrial city and tower.

The most liked part of my stay..The toilet floor is warm...!!! Well,i know it's not new but it does gives me very comfortable walking in there bare feet and no need to do tip-toeing because it s cold tiles..! well,for me this is very thoughtful of who ever created it.

Enjoy your time in the toilet..(^,^)..

Room Tip: I believe any rooms have pretty much the same view.
1  Thank Yadita

Dear Yadita,

Thank you for your review, it is great to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt.

Indeed, our hotel rooms offer all amenities a guest needs for a comfortable stay and it is wonderful if a warm toilet floor turns out to be a highlight for you!

Thank you very much again for taking the time to share your experiences with us here on Trip Advisor.

Dear Yadita, I hope you will be staying with us again in the near future. We are looking forward to welcoming you!

Reviewed 9 January 2013

While this hotel will serve nicely for those on business, it's not ideally situated for those on vacation, as the price of a cab ride to the downtown area is steep. If you are on a vacation, then consider selecting a hotel that is mre centrally located. That being said, the rooms are small. We had two rooms, the one with a shower had a noticeable plumbing problem; that is, the water would alternate from the temperature selected to scalding hot and icy cold, which was very unpleasant. Our other room had a tub, so the problem there was averted. The closet space was exceedingly limited. The beds were very firm, and by American tastes, too firm. The beds are made in the European style, which means that they have a bottom sheet and duvet only. Since my bed had two individual duvets, I took the cover off of one and used it as my top sheet; otherwise, I was too hot to sleep peacefully. There was a ridge in the middle of the bed, where two mattresses were pushed together to make one bed about the size of an American queen bed. The window between the bath and bedroom allowed light into the bed area and could be a problem if the room is shared, plus privacy in the bath is determined by one's travel partner as they control the window shade! Our other room had a lovely view of the city lights and was minus the bath window.

The bar staff was very well trained and seemed always at the ready. The waiter didn't bat an eye when I asked for a coke with ice and even provided me with a full glass of ice! (In two weeks, in Germany, this was the only place to provide more than two cubes, and some places refused me ice all together.)

The spa was interesting. There were signs stating that no street shoes could be worn to peruse the pool area; yet, the attendant (missing for 30 minutes, but returned) said to go ahead, with our shoes. The English was not translated correctly, but that adds a touch of humor. The workout area had very limited equipment, but what was there was nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room, as those have better views, with windows on two walls.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
RD_Frankfurt, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2013

Dear Yippie-Yi-O,

Thank you very much for your detailed review regarding your recent stay. We appreciate your comments and feedback.

Apparently you had a standard room and a corner room during your stay. The corner room is indeed a little smaller than a standard room, is equipped with a shower and does offer an amazing view due to two large windows. In both rooms the closet is quite small and rather designed for a short stay. The hotel is “designed to be different” and offers everything a business traveler needs. However our leisure guests can also find all amenities and comfort to enjoy their stay in Frankfurt.
I am sorry to hear that you felt our beds to be uncomfortable. Still, I hope you enjoyed a good night sleep after all.

You can reach the city center by taxi, however it takes only a short Tram ride to reach the inner city with its shopping facilities and sights. Our receptionists are always happy to support you with any information about the public transport and Frankfurt.

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding our bar staff. I will make sure your kind words are forwarded to the respective colleagues. I am not sure why other places refused to serve the ice but with regards to our "Yes I Can" philosophy we are always eager to fulfill our guest’s wishes.

Regarding your experiences in our Heaven Spa I would like to apologize for the absence of the staff and we will check the translation on the signs. It is not permitted to enter the spa area with street shoes. This is usually communicated to our guests and I will make sure the spa attendees will take better care in the future.,

Dear Yippie-Yi-O, I hope you did enjoy your stay with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you again, should you chose to stay with us again.