“Fantastic architecture, rooms quaite ok...”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt
Ranked #24 of 271 Hotels in Frankfurt
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 6 January 2014

This hotel looks fantastic! Great view from the window! I stayed there during my last Business trip to Frankfurt. It is nnot very far from the Messe buildings. The room was clean but the bed could be bigger... I will come back...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 December 2013

Good points: The room was clean and comfortable, and the included buffet breakfast was excellent, with a decent selection. Service was very good in all areas, though a couple times the restaurant seemed understaffed during breakfast; tables were empty but not yet set for more customers. View from our room (northeast side) was great, with a view of the Asparagus tower. Room service food was decent and arrived within the stated time window.

Not-so-great: the carpet in our room was fairly worn and slightly stained, and one sheet had some little holes. The mattress was not a pillow top -- not to say it wasn't comfortable, but it wasn't a bed you can totally sink into after a long day. Also, what looked like a queen sized bed was actually two twins mashed together, which is not so comfortable for a couple. Although I liked the plug-in kettle in the room, I don't care for instant coffee. I haven't traveled to Germany before so I don't know if these are the norms. Finally, the hotel does not have its own store nor are there any grocery or convenience stores close by, so we had to forego snacks and juice, and replacing forgotten toiletries was a bit of a trek.

Room Tip: A northeast side room has a view of the city.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 November 2013

First time i stayed in this hotel, usually, I stay in the Fleming.
Well located, but really not great. The staff is over busy, I called the one touch services, after 15 minutes, I was still not able to reach someone .. the breakfast for 29 euro is very disappointing.
The room are comfortable, clean, but you have no place to park your clothes.. And the wireless net work is a disaster, continuously disconnected ..but the view at the 13 floor is really spectacular and the bed very comfortable.
the swimming pool and the fitness room is very nice, with a panoramic view on
Frankfurt .. It is a great experience

Overall, next time I hope some room will be available in the Fleming ..it is more my style a far better value for money

Room Tip: Room on the top floor far from the lift
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I've stayed at this hotel a couple of times for conventions at the MESSE. It's actually pretty good - the rooms are nice (especially if you get a corner room), the bar and restaurant are reasonable and the location is good (just far enough away from the MESSE to be a bit quieter, but close enough to walk.
But, the service is terrible - slow, unhelpful and fantastically dismissive. I was argued with at reception about an envelope which they claimed was never left (although a colleague assured me it was), moved around and ignored at breakfast (where I never got coffee and had to find my own silverware) and waited 30 minutes at the bar because there was only 1 member of staff who could pour beers - and I wasn't anywhere near blonde or female enough to attract his attention.
So actually, it's not a bad hotel. As long as you don't need to deal with the staff.

Room Tip: The corner rooms aren't huge, but have great light.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Second stay at this hotel . easy walking distance to tram stop ,direct to town center . breakfast good but food in a separate room which can be a bit off putting , the view from the rooms is spectacular . staff are friendly , swimming in a pool on the 18th floor is a new experience for me

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I booked one room for 99.50 euro for 2 night, at check in the hotel staff offer us an extra bed for my 3 year old daughter and hotel receptionist said that the total price it was only 130 euro for the 2 night only 30 euro extra compared to the price we had to pay. at check out I received a bill for 235.20 Eur, when I asked I was told that 130 euros extra was a buseniess class room, why a business class room I have never booked that ???? if I knew it would cost us 130 euros extra so I had said no to extra bed as an extra bed for my daughter cost more than the entire resrvation a room for 2 night. the hotel is far from everything, I write an email to the hotel never received a reply.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
RD_Frankfurt, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear Ahmad,

Thank you for your review and for being our guest.
Unfortunately, you were not happy with your check out experience, which is of course understandable for me. However, I was able to find out, that the reason for this unsatisfactory experience is a miscommunication or misunderstanding. Indeed the additional cost for the larger room and the additional bed, as well as the breakfast is EUR 130 for two nights in addition to the booked room rate. I am sincerely sorry, that my colleague at the reception was not able to explain that clearer to you and did not point out the upgrade to the Business Class room.
Further I’d like to apologize that you did not receive a reply on your email to our hotel. This was no intention from us, as we usually put a lot of effort in a positive customer relationship.
Should you have any questions or further remarks, please do not hesitate to contact us again with referral to my reply.
Best regards,
Svenja Rehbein
DotCom Manager

Reviewed 31 October 2013

The hotel is comfortable and interesting place.
A little loud at 7AM with the new construction in the lot next to the hotel..
Used by many airline for crew layovers.
Too bad they did not put the restaurant on the top floor.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple