“Construction and no working wellness”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt
Ranked #27 of 270 Hotels in Frankfurt
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Rooms were good. Water in shower was not so great since it went from hot to freezing every 30 seconds. Hotel is under construction so not so nice in the lobby. Even on the 4th floor you could hear everything outside. Very friendly staff!!!

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
RD_Frankfurt, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear Bie M
Thank you for being our guest and for reviewing your stay with us.
I am sorry for any inconvenience caused due to the construction works going on in our round hotel. We are currently building seven new meeting rooms, which will be available in June 2014.
We are very much looking forward to the new Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt and I hope you will find the chance to have a look at it yourself.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Due to a cable fire the spa and fitness area is closed during my visit. No e-mail was sent to my registered Starwood account by the hotel even though everything was registered in the SPG system. Upon check-in I was only notified that I could go to a private gym more almost 2 kilometer from here which is not acceptable. No other form of reimbursement was offered. The temperature in my room was freezing and the ironing equipment broken. In addition they lobby is a construction zone (which I knew beforehand though).
Since my last visit the service has seriously declined. I suggest to use other hotels if possible.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
RD_Frankfurt, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear Sascha M
Thank you for being our guest at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt.
I am sincerely sorry for any inconvenience caused due to the technical defect which occurred during the weekend. Radisson Blu is part of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group so we are not able to access your Starwood account. Nevertheless, the technical defect occurred quite sudden, so we did not have much time to inform our guests beforehand.
The alternate Fitness Club is around 900m away by foot. I am sorry if you did not receive the correct information. The Heaven Spa needed to remain closed for the safety of our guests.
Again, I am sorry for the unsatisfactory stay, but I hope you can understand that we experienced an exceptional situation this weekend. From June on, the construction works will be finalized and you might want to visit us again to enjoy our new features, such as seven new meeting rooms and a larger lobby.
Dear Sascha M, we would appreciate the chance to show you that, leaving out the technical defects, we can do much better than that.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Finalized my trip around the world-with the radisson blu unfortunately being the final destination. The hotel is under construction so I get the mess and confusion of the flow of hotel, but as I stood in front of the juice machine and asked where the cappuccino machine was to the staff he laughed and said, "over there, dthis is a juice machine" as he walked passed, my boss heard him say, "haha typical American." Funny thing is, that type of behavior never existed on any of my other destinations nor would it be acceptable by an American hotel. Next, as I stood in line to receive directions, an airline flight attendant walked in the hotel and jumped in front of me and was serviced by the staff, when I said something she just shrugged her shoulders like, no big deal. Lastly, the restaurant can not handle anymore than 15 people but has seating for 60, it took us over an hour to get our lunch, and it was the wrong meals however we dealt with it because we were late for our 2:00 meetings. I would advise checking out the Marriott if you're staying in Frankfurt.

Room Tip: The rooms were weird.... You had a window into the bathroom from the bed- so just be aware if you...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
RD_Frankfurt, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear Laurie V,
Congratulations, for your trip around the world with Radisson Blu. I am sure you were able to take home some great experiences. Nevertheless, I am sorry that your final stay with Radisson Blu here in Frankfurt was not to your satisfaction.
It is unfortunate that you arrived here while the re-constructions are going on. We, the team of the Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt, are really eager to guarantee a smooth stay for all our guests. I am sorry, for any inconvenience.
Further, I am sincerely sorry for the situation during breakfast. Of course, this is not a Radisson Blu standard and I assure you that I will follow up on this internally. You are right, this is not acceptable.
Also, I would like to apologize for the unsatisfactory service in our restaurant. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service, however, there is room for improvement and we will take care of that.
Dear Laurie, I am sure we can do much better than that and we definitely would appreciate a second chance. Should you choose to stay with us again, please do not hesitate to ask for me directly once you are here. It would be a pleasure to meet you personally.
Helge Lütters

Reviewed 3 February 2014

A very good hotel striking architecture and design in foyer. Rooms are good + free wifi. Bar is excellent the "football special" burger and beer is really very good. Close to the Messe and a tram (#17) into the centre. All in all what's not to like.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
RD_Frankfurt, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear Guest,

„Great hotel“ is just what we like to hear. Thank you, for being our guest and for the 4 star review here on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and the evening with the football special and the wunderBurger in our bar. I hope you will be staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Excellent Hotel and Staff. Great bar and wellness This hotel is slightly different from others. its great as lot of you staff are young given the opportinuity of resplosible roles. All take a great pride in the work and role Good location, great price food, gym small but well equiped, great wellness area.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
RD_Frankfurt, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear Anil S
Thank you for being our guest and for sharing your experiences with us here on TripAdvisor.
I am especially grateful for your positive feedback about our staff. The team at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt is indeed a young and dynamic one. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope you will be staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Beds were comfortable, breakfast just awful both from a food quality and service point of view. Heaven spa completely over advertised throughout the hotel and turned out to be overpriced and certainly did not meet expectations. For the same price I could go to the four seasons spa in Hong Kong at 10 times the quality.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
RD_Frankfurt, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear Tracy F,

Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to review your stay with us.
Further, I want to thank you for the honest feedback regarding our breakfast quality. I am sorry, that you were not satisfied with the offered buffet and service. Your feedback is important to us, in order to improve our services and to ensure that we meet our high quality standards on a daily basis. We will make sure, to optimize our performance at the breakfast buffet.
The Heaven Spa on the 18th floor is indeed rather small and exclusive. I am sincerely sorry, that your expectations were not met. However, I hope you did have the chance to relax and to enjoy the views over the Frankfurt Skyline from the pool and the sauna.
Should you be staying with us again, please do not hesitate to contact us for any remarks. We are always keen on delivering the 100% guest satisfaction guarantee on site.
Svenja Rehbein
DotCom Manager

Reviewed 6 January 2014

This hotel looks fantastic! Great view from the window! I stayed there during my last Business trip to Frankfurt. It is nnot very far from the Messe buildings. The room was clean but the bed could be bigger... I will come back...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple