“Good experience”

GreenLeadersSilver level
England
“Good experience”
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here over the Easter period, and then for business meetings later in the week. I found the hotel and staff to be very friendly and accommodating - especially the bar staff who we're amazing! My room was pretty small, although I did get a corner room with great views.

My major gripe was the quality of food, which should be much better; a steak I ordered was minuscule, and not of good quality, and this was pretty much the case throughout my stay.

Overall though a nice hotel, and I will stay here again for sure - quality of food notwithstanding. Thankfully the excellent bar and it's staff saved the day!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
RD_Frankfurt, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Dear kifkroker,

thank you very much for the review of your previous stay.
I am happy to hear that you were overall able to enjoy your time with us, thus inconveniences occurred. Of course your praise regarding the bar staff reached and really delighted them.
We are looking forward to welcome you again in the future. Maybe in summer to enjoy the new wunderBAR terrace?
Kind regards
Helge Luetters

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vasteras, Sweden
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Spent three nights at this hotel when visiting Frankfurt over the weekend with a friend of mine. Front reception staff was fairly rude as we had two separate reservations for the three night consecutive stay. Our request to keep the same room was rejected and at the end we had to switch to another room on the 2nd night.

As a Club Carlson Gold Elite I was given an upgrade to a Business Class room. It was stylishly decorated with a nice view of the city. The bed was comfortable and the cleanliness was good. My only gripe was the clogged faucet in the bathroom.

Breakfast buffet offered a generous spread and the staff was attentive, though overall I found the service at the hotel to be a bit stiff.

All in all the hotel provided good value for the money, and am booked for another stay next month.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
RD_Frankfurt, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear LH4116
Thank you so much for being our guest and for taking the time to share your experiences here on TripAdvisor. I hope you enjoyed Frankfurt, as there are a lot of interesting things to discover around here.
I am sorry that you had to switch rooms during your stay and I understand the inconvenience. Unfortunately, we sometimes have no other option due to the occupancy.
I am pleased to read that your overall experience at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt was positive and that you will be staying with us again soon.
Helge Lütters
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I was very excited to book a room in this hotel. It looks architecturally cool from the outside, but very disappointing in the inside. At the time of our visit the hotel was being refurbished, so it looked like a building site.
The size of the rooms is laughable, the carpet is worn out and the furniture is rather well used. The bathroom fixtures are very decent and so are the toiletries.

The best thing about this hotel is the view, the area is very uninspiring. There are no restaurants in the close proximity of the hotel so when arriving late you have to go for a rather sad looking late night room service menu.
The staff is very friendly and helpful. If you are lucky you can find a free parking space outside of the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
RD_Frankfurt, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear MarcelaPomphrey,
I am sure, that a hotel designed like ours must an interesting object to visit for architecture fans. I am sorry that the construction works on the inside of our round hotel were distracting to you. Indeed we are currently extending our meeting and event area as well as our lobby. By the end of May 2014 you might find a much more interesting Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt, also on the inside.
Thank you for being our guest and for reviewing your stay with us. Your feedback is very valuable to us, as we are constantly trying to improve our services.
I hope you will choose our hotel again for your next stay in Frankfurt.
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Nothing special but fine for a short business trip. I can say I was satisfied with the hotel. I had problems with intermittent internet connection. On the other hand I liked the pool on the top floor - quite small actually but with amazing view on the city skyline.

+ friendly stuff, pool
- problems with internet connection

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Petr M
Dear Petr M
I am happy to read that we “met your expectations” during your stay, however please do not hesitate to give us a direct feedback while you are on site. We are always looking for ways to improve our performance and to really delight our guests.
I hope you will be staying with us again soon.
Thame, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Wifi only works on some floors and then only intermittently. This I find ridiculous for a modern, business orientated hotel.
Front desk staff very sketchy.
Currently ground floor is a construction site.
Mini bar not restocked.
Small single beds.
Funny highlight was waiter asking me if I wanted him to hang my 'wardrobe'. For that and a delicious spicy tomato soup at lunch I moved up from terrible to poor.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Neal80
Dear Neal80,
Thank you for being our guest and for reviewing your stay with us. I am very sorry to read that during your stay with us your expectations were not met.
The free Wi-Fi is available in the entire hotel, unfortunately a slow connection might occur during busy days. Nevertheless, you should have access to the internet at all times in any location of the hotel. I am sorry if you had problems with the connection. I will make sure this feedback is forwarded to our IT department.
Indeed, we are currently extending our meeting & event space as well as our lobby area. We are all exited to offer seven new meeting rooms to our guests by the end of May 2014.
I am glad that your lunch time in our restaurant lightened up you experience at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt. However, the overall impression of your stay is also not satisfactory to us. I hope you might consider giving us a second chance to show you that we can do much better than that.
Please do not hesitate to ask for me directly, should you be on site again.
Best regards,
New York, United States
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Everything was sub-par in this hotel compared to other similar class hotels & the usually good standard of Radisson Blu in Europe. Several elements of low quality were as follows: -Sketchy intermittent internet (including some rooms that I was told did not have internet access!!!) -Absolutely nothing in the neighborhood, not a cafe or restaurant or shop in the vicinity -Over-priced breakfast bar for 28 euros pre-paid even if you don't want all the food -Extremely small rooms and closet space that crushes your suits worse than they would in a suitcase -Laughably small pool and gym, often running out of towels with no one around to ask in the mornings Overall, a really low standard and sub-par for the brand and class and for a standard business hotel in a city like Frankfurt.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

1 Thank Hootan K
RD_Frankfurt, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Hootan K,

I am happy to read that you are a regular guest of Radisson Blu Hotels & Resorts in Europe. Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to review your stay with us.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused due to an intermittent internet connection. Our free Wi-Fi is available throughout the entire hotel. If the hotel is fully booked, this might influence the speed of the available Wi-Fi.
Indeed, the closets are quite small; however there are additional hangers on the wall which offer additional space.
I will make sure your comment about the service in our HeavenSpa will be forwarded to the respective department. Naturally, staff should be on site during the opening hours to guarantee a true wellness experience for our guests.
I am very sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay. Still, I hope you will choose Radisson Blu Hotels & Resorts for your stays in Europe and maybe in Frankfurt again.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

This was my first stay at the Radisson Blu Frankfurt and in truth I was somewhat underwhelmed by the experience. The building from the outside is very distinctive and the hotel was very open about building works taking place on the ground floor with new meeting rooms......which I am sure will look great but the value for money was poor in my opinion.....but be aware it is a building site at the moment. I have Concierge Status with Carlson and normally I would get an upgrade but not on this occasion which was disappointing and the room I was given was at best OK......a little tired (holes in curtains) but nothing like the room should have been for 230 euros per night. As a result I didn't try the restaurants for Dinner or Breakfast.....in fairness needed to leave very early for the airport. The next tier down hotel in the chain Park Inn Radisson is much better value and the rooms are more up to date and closer to airport. Maybe I will try the Radisson Blu Frankfurt Hotel again but I will wait until after refurbishment on the ground floor.
Taxis located outside of hotel for easy connection to airport.

Room Tip: Corner rooms give you a double aspect view floor to ceiling.